News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hall Of Shame

Started by Liverpool Street, May 31, 2014, 04:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Dodgy engine and gearbox

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

You can't polish a turd...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Ashley

Quote from: the trainbasher on August 18, 2014, 09:17:19 PM

Its a showpiece bus, not a school bus. Plus ex London stock of that age is dreadful Imo anyway

Wumpty

Quote from: Ashley on August 18, 2014, 09:21:07 PM

Its a showpiece bus, not a school bus. Plus ex London stock of that age is dreadful Imo anyway

I've worked for London Buses and found that most displaced vehicles to be very serviceable. That said, you'd question which dipstick at Greenbus bought it in the first place without checking these things.

If it's a mechanically dodgy bus, WHY use this as a showbus and open yourself up to ridicule???

You STILL can't polish a turd!
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

mranon

if its that bad surely it could be sorted out i.e replace engine etc?

Ronnoc

4741 for being the most slowest and stinkiest enviro when I was on it.

Ronnoc

Quote from: Wumpty on August 19, 2014, 01:16:47 PM
Quote from: Ashley on August 18, 2014, 09:21:07 PM

I've worked for London Buses and found that most displaced vehicles to be very serviceable. That said, you'd question which dipstick at Greenbus bought it in the first place without checking these things.

If it's a mechanically dodgy bus, WHY use this as a showbus and open yourself up to ridicule???

You STILL can't polish a turd!
The engine may be a turd since it doesn't really sound appealing but the bodywork is nice!

Ally

Thought I'd give this a kick start again!

One of the worst journeys home from work I have ever had! Whilst stood outside, I looked at my phone and saw that the 766 is late and immediately thought "Typical, probably 3620late (nickname for 36208) again!" Nope but I was close! Sister Ex-Rugby scrap heap 36207 turned up and slowly made its way to Atherstone where I swapped for the 48 to be greeted by the actual shed 36208 which I don't think I've ever witnessed be on time anywhere ever, I even have a picture of one of my tickets from it being just under 15 minutes late at 6am...

Let's just say that 36208's speedo isn't measured in MPH, it's measured in MPCM (Miles Per Calendar Month), you could bleed to death from a papercut before it's finished pulling off! It's heaters have 4 settings: "Cold, Colder, F**king Freezing or Liquid Nitrogen"! It rattles like a hand grenade in a tumble dryer and more annoyingly, it follows me on whatever Stagecoach Nuneaton route I go on, regardless of what vehicles are normally allocated to said route! There was one week where I guess I would have it to/from work, got it correct then had it on my work route 5 days running, guessed that for my days off that it would all of a sudden go on my local routes and guess what turned up on my local routes the very next day? Ohhh yes! Late as usual.

It's that predictable a bus that as soon as my route is late, I now automatically know I have it, because MAN Enviro 200s (what are normally on my local routes) have that much more power that they don't run late anywhere near as often. The amount of times I've guessed I will have it and got it right is actually unbelievable, and if it's not 208, it's less awful but still awful 207! They should have packed these sheds off to Northampton and let us keep our powerful MAN E200s so that the reliability of Nuneaton's services didn't plunge down the s**tter!

The driver seen getting seated in 36207 knows only too well how horrid they are, as whenever I see him in either of them, I ask "Are you having fun with this s**t heap?". Another quote from me is when he opened his window on a freezing cold day "Oh, putting the heating on?".

I could keep this rant up all night but I can't be bothered as I have to catch 36208 at 04:32 and again at 16:20...
Here are the two scrap heaps in a rare (awful mobile phone) picture together, 2 ex-Rugby sheds side by side on Nuneaton routes:
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

MrBevan2000

I think 4851 should be added to the Hall of Shame because it keeps stalking me! Also 4938 due to it's broken gearbox.

domino.99

I know it has been withdrawn for well over a year but 1654. Absolutely diabolical bus! No more needs to be said.

PM

Quote from: Matt on April 10, 2015, 02:14:10 PM
Diamond 30942...doors take forever to close, and there is a constant loud BEEEEEEEEP if you pull away before they are fully closed.

Same as on any other eclipse 2...

Trident 4194

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 10, 2015, 02:24:44 PM
Same as on any other eclipse 2...

I Was going to say there all like that.

ChrisF7165

Shall we add to the hall of shame:

7005, 7006, 7011, 7013 all with their fans screaming their t**s off the whole day they are out in service in Dundee.

7127 has a little whistle while its out.

7169 sounds more like an Ailsa that a B10BLE.

Most of the NED fleet are, bodywork wise, in a reasonable condition, although several (including 2043 and a couple of Geminis) are missing fleetnames thanks to replacement panels and lazy bodybuilders.
Chris Forbes

Those were the days ... Working at Acocks Green on the 11A

Adam 404

4695 is the most shabby, noisy, Volvo Gemini 1 in Coventry, if not, the whole National Express Gemini fleet!. It also has the worst fleet number sticker ever at the front!
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.421180621387210.1073741986.369276339910972&type=3

JoNi

You obviously haven't seen 4421 which is noisier than 4695 and the lower panel paintwork is in an appalling state!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk