News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Hanover blinds

Started by igogeneral, March 02, 2021, 05:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igogeneral

Long shot perhaps but does anyone have or know where there is a Hanover front blind part number OL008A. If not does anyone know if we can replace with part number OL006A? Willing to pay or part exchange for a working Mobitec, please get in touch if you can help. Thanks

Pat

Quote from: igogeneral on March 02, 2021, 05:01:10 PM
Long shot perhaps but does anyone have or know where there is a Hanover front blind part number OL008A. If not does anyone know if we can replace with part number OL006A? Willing to pay or part exchange for a working Mobitec, please get in touch if you can help. Thanks
There are quite a few examples on eBay.  There are a few 144x19 examples available.

igogeneral

Hi Pat. I could find only one and that was OL006A hence why I asked the question if anyone knows if they are interchangeable with the 008A. Hanover tech support tell me it would perhaps need structural changes to the vehicle which is an old Primo

Pat

Quote from: igogeneral on March 02, 2021, 10:16:07 PM
Hi Pat. I could find only one and that was OL006A hence why I asked the question if anyone knows if they are interchangeable with the 008A. Hanover tech support tell me it would perhaps need structural changes to the vehicle which is an old Primo
Yes, the Primos do use the smaller blind. In terms of configuration, as long as the front destination size on Helen is set to the correct size, you'll be able to interchange between the two easily.  It depends, however, if the 144x19 blind will fit into the bus.

igogeneral

Thanks Pat, I do not want to spend £300 to find the blind does not physically fit the vehicle but hanks for your advice.

Pat

Quote from: igogeneral on March 03, 2021, 03:25:47 PM
Thanks Pat, I do not want to spend £300 to find the blind does not physically fit the vehicle but hanks for your advice.
No worries.  The size of the blind is 153cm x 33cm if you wanted to measure.

igogeneral

Hi Pat. You appear knowledgeable of the subject so do you know anyone local who can repair a Hanover blind. We know it is the display itself as it is getting power and the signal from the control box

Stu

Quote from: igogeneral on March 10, 2021, 01:57:34 PM
Hi Pat. You appear knowledgeable of the subject so do you know anyone local who can repair a Hanover blind. We know it is the display itself as it is getting power and the signal from the control box

You could try contacting Hanover Displays technical support?
https://www.hanoverdisplays.com/our-support/technical-support/

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Pat

Quote from: igogeneral on March 10, 2021, 01:57:34 PM
Hi, sorry I'm not sure of anyone locally.  As Stu mentioned, Hanover are probably the best people to contact.

igogeneral

Thanks. Tried tech support but not very helpful other than wanting £800 for a replacement. But thanks everyone for your comments and advice

sryan188

Quote from: igogeneral on March 11, 2021, 10:52:43 AM
Thanks. Tried tech support but not very helpful other than wanting £800 for a replacement. But thanks everyone for your comments and advice

There is a company based up near Sheffield called OmniTech that i believe do repairs and they supply spare parts for blinds as well as everything else. Worth a try.
https://www.buselectronics.co.uk/

igogeneral

Thanks. Their site looks promising so will call them tomorrow, thanks for the lead

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk