News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MidlandJoe75

What's the story with this operator, Thandi & it's associated bus operators that came under it's wing

Solo1

thandi has had a lot of names over the years
here are so of them could be more
Ak travel Coach Express  City Solutions Lynx Solutions Alma ST
Finesse Coaches Thandi travels buses Jline  London ST
transol  based Holyhead rd.
MBC1  Rest&Ride   Taj Rolfe St
Walsall Travel
Goldenline  Oldbury or was it Gold Bus that was in Oldbury
1  based in Harvills industrial estate 
Not sure if Sunrise travel & Star bus service were part of the Thandi family

Steveminor

City solutions & lynx solutions were seperate businesses to Thandi
Sunrise & star were also seperate & part owned by the family that run sunny travel

Solo1

I thought city & lynx solutions were linked to thandi

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on February 24, 2014, 07:40:07 AM
City solutions & lynx solutions were seperate businesses to Thandi
Sunrise & star were also seperate & part owned by the family that run sunny travel

City Solutions and Midland Bus Company are both very strongly linked, Both City Solutions and Lynx Solutions had there registered office at the Alma Street, so although they were not owned directly by Thandi they still had a strong link with them

Steveminor

I believe they rented space from Thandi & used them for maintenance

Solo1

Why have Elite Coach services (thandi ?)  moved from London St Smethwick to only
a few streets way 

BN

Where are they now? I've also noticed most of the coaches have had thandi executive took off the sides?

Solo1

Abberley St Smethwick that's Where Elite coaches listed as bus & coach depot 2 abberley
St Smethwick b66 2QL  in n&p

Niall

Does anyone know the identity of a Thandi caetano nimbus I saw this afternoon? I can't find any trace of them having one by searching the internet.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

John

Quote from: N94 on June 04, 2014, 07:55:57 PM
Does anyone know the identity of a Thandi caetano nimbus I saw this afternoon? I can't find any trace of them having one by searching the internet.

@N94

There are 2

'T88 NND' and T99 NND'
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/14220676167/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/14405821192/

ade

The fleet lists for Thandi/Evergreen/Finesse need updating as seen quite a few coaches not listed.

Sayeed

Век живи - век учись

fleetline6477

There are 3 T 77 TND aswell all appearing on the 334 daily now.

PM

In terms of Thandi WM operators now, I've kind of lost track.

There's Evergreen coaches, Thandi Coaches but also Elite Coaches who run between Walsall and Bilston? Are they all part of the same "Thandi" group or are they separate branches. Is this it? Is Discount Travel Solutions anything to do with them?

I reckon no-one could name every incarnation Thandi have had...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk