News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Just a bit of a light hearted topic :)

Just post here any buses you see in the background of television programmes (I believe there is a site dedicated to this sort of thing!)

I will start off :)

Last nightvi watched a drama on C4 last night called Raised By Wolves set and filmed in Wolverhampton and one of the shots was of a 1 branded B5LH

I've also seen Optare Solo's and B7RLE's on Emmerdale!

Rob H

I watched a Keeping Up Appearances Episode a while back and 2465 appeared in the background :)

Also when Hustle filmed their last 3 series in Birmingham several Buses were in the background including Presidents and Enviros
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

John

Quote from: Rob H on December 24, 2013, 09:26:22 PM
I watched a Keeping Up Appearances Episode a while back and 2465 appeared in the background :)

I've been watching Keeping Up Appearances lately (quality), filmed in and around Coventry and Leamington/Kenilworth areas, but I have not seen a bus in the background yet.

An episode of Doctors a few years back (not that I watch it!) featured a scene inside a Green Bus single decker, could have been one of the Plaxton Verdes

Also remember watching 'Brum' when younger, there was an episode heavily featuring a WMT Metrobus. Also lots of buses going past in the background on all of the old episodes

Rob H

Quote from: John on December 24, 2013, 09:35:20 PM

I've been watching Keeping Up Appearances lately, filmed in and around Coventry and Leamington/Kenilworth areas, but I have not seen a bus in the background yet.

An episode of Doctors a few years back (not that I watch it!) featured a scene inside a Green Bus single decker, could have been one of the Plaxton Verdes

Its a Series One Episode where 2465 is featured I think its the 3rd episode but I'm not 100% sure on that :)
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

John

Quote from: Rob H on December 24, 2013, 09:38:36 PM
Its a Series One Episode where 2465 is featured I think its the 3rd episode but I'm not 100% sure on that :)

Thanks Rob, will have to watch that again.

Also, don't forget that Aston Manor's RM506 will soon be on 'The Game' next year that BBC were filming in Birmingham a few months ago

uniquicity

1668 appeared on Sky News today.

They had a reporter at the QE for a news story. 1668 went past on the 48 in the background.

Rob H

I've been watching Keeping Up Appearances lately (quality), filmed in and around Coventry and Leamington/Kenilworth areas, but I have not seen a bus in the background yet.

Also remember watching 'Brum' when younger, there was an episode heavily featuring a WMT Metrobus. Also lots of buses going past in the background on all of the old episodes

2993 was the Bus the Episode was called 'Little Drummer Boy' :) I can't believe I forgot 'Brum'
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

the trainbasher

Quite a few on the news having been up in flames! :-D

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

richie

CV service 4 goes past onslows house in Stoke aldermoor

CL

MOST OBVIOUS OF ALL CHILDRENS' TELEVISION:

Brum! near the end credits - you can see a metrobus, and a liberator... Also, I think there might've been a President... Not sure.  ::)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

nitromatt1

Midlands Today have a Gemini in their titles.

Sayeed

One of the NX's Alx 200 dart appeared on DIY SOS, and it was around QEH
Век живи - век учись

Bob

I cant believe nobodys mentioned the blue & cream metrobus going down the Aston Expressway at the start of every episode of Crossroads from 1985 onwards lol

Rob H

Quote from: Nathan on December 24, 2013, 10:39:04 PM
Also has anyone noticed that Channel 4 ident in Blackpool in which two blackpool transport buses (A Trident and Solo) go past?

The Trident was in Line 14 Livery and the solo was in Line 5 Livery but these route liveries are now disappearing and most of Blackpool Transports Buses are now in Black and Yellow Livery with a Silver and Red/Pink Stripe only a small number of the buses still remain in their route liveries :)
X1 Birmingham - Coventry

Bob

Quote from: Nathan on December 25, 2013, 02:14:49 PM
Quote from: bob on December 25, 2013, 01:39:08 PM
I cant believe nobodys mentioned the blue & cream metrobus going down the Aston Expressway at the start of every episode of Crossroads from 1985 onwards lol

Bit too old for my era ;)

Lol an me. I would of been 4 lol but have saw it somewhere and noticed the metro on it

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk