News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Today some buses were running late due to schools breaking up early
Some people were going on holiday for the bank holiday weekend
And finally heavy rain didn't help

John

Most of the 67 route was a car park this morning due to the M6 south been closed after an early morning accident. 45 minutes late coming off this morning

karl724223

Today buses 244 4H X10 were running late due to resurfacing work  Coombs wood junction to the bottom of mucklow hill  off peak working

Trident 4194

2 244s Dudley bound about 21:30 from Halesowen 8 mins between them.

Trident 4194

Quote from: karl724223 on April 06, 2018, 05:39:19 PM
Today buses 244 4H X10 were running late due to resurfacing work  Coombs wood junction to the bottom of mucklow hill  off peak working

And again today

BK63 YWP

Four way traffic lights on kford cross causing a few delays on the 256/7
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

RobQuinton

X10 - 6712 starting at Bearwood at about 1640, obviously in the interests of causing maximum delay to the largest number of people as soon as 6717 arrived at Bearwood, both buses set off together....

karl724223

Delete on X10.  Myesterday was caused buy roadworks quarry bank high st  temporary lights for a little hole about 2 foot by 2 foot  24 inches by 24 inches for the kids
Stop and go boards Coombs wood resurfacing work
Road works on long lane causing traffic to back up across the island to of mucklow hill so traffic was down to B AND Q island
Then cars using the bus lane paradise circus to broad st

karl724223

Delays on the Hagley road Wolverhampton road junction were caused by a car v motorbike rtc closing the road 140 9 x10 all affected
The motorbike was split in half

Jack

15 minutes ago, 1870, 1868 1867 within seconds of each other on Hassop Road towards Scott Arms.

Trident 4194

One for you @Dom 2 4Hs due together

karl724223

Most buses on broad st today we're stuck in traffic as no workmen was controlling the traffic flow stopping them going down the bus lanes  worse paradise circus onto broad st just a kind of cars

Stu

Traffic light failure at Bordesley Circus caused a right nightmare this morning. According to Google Maps the whole of Small Heath Highway was congested, and my X1 (which had seeming turned up on time at Kathleen Road) struggled to get round Heybarnes Circus and onto the Coventry Road through Small Heath, which is congested enough at the best of times. As I disembarked at Bordesley station at approx 8:55 I noted on the ticket machine display that the bus was actually "Late 29".

I also discovered from Google Maps that there had been a crash on Stratford Road in Sparkbrook, which no doubt compounded things further.

I walked home this evening along the canal. Does anyone know if the lights are working again at Bordesley Circus?

(Ironically they weren't working yesterday evening either, and the funny thing was that apart from the stacked up traffic on Small Heath Highway, the rest of the traffic seemed to be flowing far better than usual!)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

paul0147

Quote from: Stu on May 02, 2018, 07:19:14 PM
Does anyone know if the lights are working again at Bordesley Circus?

When I went past at about 7:15pm this evening, the lights were still not working. All the lights had a sign on them indicating they were non working, so might not be a short term problem....

Trident 4194

17**- Volvo Was running 20 minutes late this morning. Should have done The 8:56 from Halesowen to loop. Pretty sure this journey has more than sufficient time?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk