News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Megabus

Started by bwsau cymru, August 25, 2013, 09:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeanM66A

National Express services in Northampton use Victoria Street, off Lady's Lane.  Victoria Promenade is the opposite side of the town centre and does not have a coach station.  I think the only regular service along Vic Prom is the hourly 41 to Bedford.

YN64AOG

Quote from: DeanM66A on July 15, 2017, 12:37:18 PM
National Express services in Northampton use Victoria Street, off Lady's Lane.  Victoria Promenade is the opposite side of the town centre and does not have a coach station.  I think the only regular service along Vic Prom is the hourly 41 to Bedford.

That's what I meant.  43 to Bozeat and Wollaston also goes along VP.

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

JoNi

Michael Bevan

Brand new Plaxton Elite Interdeck's 54604, 54605, 54606 and 54607 were delivered to Rugby last night for use on Megabus operations. 54606 is already out in use this morning. I'm currently sat on it on the M34 to Leeds (07:00 departure from Birmingham).

mikestone

A Stotts,Huddersfield liveried coach was outside East Midlands Parkway presumably on Megabus plus work last time I passed and October PSVC refers to some Stagecoach vehicles on loan to them.

mikestone

I had assumed with the ending of HST working megabusplus would have finished, but traveline Midlands has timetables for M38 Falmouth-Bradford and M39 Nottingham-Hull, both via East Midlands Parkway with times on some journeys at St.Pancras, but I don't seem to be able to get St Pancras International on the Megabus website at all?

Ian Hardy

Quote from: mikestone on July 04, 2021, 02:15:48 PM
I had assumed with the ending of HST working megabusplus would have finished, but traveline Midlands has timetables for M38 Falmouth-Bradford and M39 Nottingham-Hull, both via East Midlands Parkway with times on some journeys at St.Pancras, but I don't seem to be able to get St Pancras International on the Megabus website at all?
Megabusplus stopped when Stagecoach lost the East Midlands franchise on 17/08/2019. The following day Abellio took over the East Midlands franchise as East Midlands Railway so the arrangement could not continue.

On the Megabus website East Midlands Parkway is a stop but you cannot book a journey to London from there

mikestone

I have certainly seen Megabus coaches outside Parkway since the change of franchise.

DJ

As of today, the retail, marketing and customer service side of Megabus is under Scottish CityLink Coaches Ltd/Comfort DelGro, after the previously announced sale. The drivers, vehicles etc are still under Stagecoach however, and there's no real changes as far as the general public are concerned.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

DJ

There's further timetable changes coming soon, including the return of overnight services between Birmingham and Glasgow, with the introduction of new Glasgow to Cardiff and Glasgow to Southampton services.

One service leaves Glasgow at 23:00, arriving into Birmingham for 05:35, before continuing to Southampton. The return northbound trip bypasses Birmingham.

Another service leaves Glasgow at 10:00, bypassing Birmingham, arriving into Cardiff at 19:10. It then returns north, departing Cardiff at 20:45, Birmingham at 23:50, and then arriving into Glasgow at 06:50.

I'd imagine they'll come in pretty handy for folks wanting to visit Scotland, if you can manage to sleep on overnight coaches then a (very long) day out to Glasgow is now doable!

(Also, if there's any forum staff available, could this thread be moved to the Other Operators section please?)

markcf83

Very interesting developments,given I live near Cardiff and could well end up using these services,
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

DJ

It looks like Parks are operating the M17 Glasgow - Southampton, I believe one of their new Volvo 9700s is operating it today, although the return trip bypasses Birmingham.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk