News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Perry Barr Garage

Started by 6013, July 22, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: windy miller on January 12, 2018, 03:43:45 AM
does anyone know why 6866 was on a 907 service heading out of Sutton on Thursday afternoon?. (11th)... definitely ..67 WXF presumably on loan?

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=16.msg228239#msg228239
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

windy miller

thanks stu... I thought it was a one-off...
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Steveminor

Just heard perry barr garage has been compulsory purchased by the council for the commonwealth games & will close before the end of this year

John

Quote from: Steveminor on January 22, 2018, 12:36:24 PM
Just heard perry barr garage has been compulsory purchased by the council for the commonwealth games & will close before the end of this year

We were officially told this morning, but the rumours were floating around last week. It will take around 2 years to build the new garage. It sounds like a new site has been chosen but we won't know where until the summer. We were hearing last week that we had to be out this year so if this is true, I'm wondering what will happen before the new garage is built

winston

Quote from: John on January 22, 2018, 01:12:28 PM
We were officially told this morning, but the rumours were floating around last week. It will take around 2 years to build the new garage. It sounds like a new site has been chosen but we won't know where until the summer. We were hearing last week that we had to be out this year so if this is true, I'm wondering what will happen before the new garage is built

Doesn't give NX long to find alternative arrangements.

That said, there's a large yard virtually empty at PN garage, could move WB Dudley based routes to PN & WB take over some PB's work in the interim at least

MW

Was Lea Hall sold, or do NX still own it?

winston

Quote from: MW on January 22, 2018, 01:47:09 PM
Was Lea Hall sold, or do NX still own it?

It was sold IIRC when NX Group needed cash, then NX rented half of the depot & the outside parking area for reserve fleet.

MW

Quote from: Winston on January 22, 2018, 01:48:23 PM
It was sold IIRC when NX Group needed cash, then NX rented half of the depot & the outside parking area for reserve fleet.

I wonder if they're able to repurchase it, providing it's not had much work done and is relatively simple to reinstate as a depot.

You could then send all the East Birmingham stuff (14/17/55/71/72/94/97/X12) Lea Hall. You could even free up space in AG, by sending the X12/72 over to LH. AG could then take the Coventry Road stuff out of BC. This would free up a lot of space at BC to take in pretty much everything else out of PB. BY could gain the 28/38/54 by freeing up the 17/55 to LH.

B.C Driver

Theres been a long rumour BC is to close too due to the new tram route. So they may possibly combine the two?
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

winston

Quote from: B.C Driver on January 22, 2018, 02:34:14 PM
Theres been a long rumour BC is to close too due to the new tram route. So they may possibly combine the two?

BC's Adderley Street Bus Park forms the site of the proposal Adderley St Park & Ride Metro Stop as/when that goes ahead.

Quote from: MW on January 22, 2018, 01:57:29 PM
I wonder if they're able to repurchase it, providing it's not had much work done and is relatively simple to reinstate as a depot.

You could then send all the East Birmingham stuff (14/17/55/71/72/94/97/X12) Lea Hall. You could even free up space in AG, by sending the X12/72 over to LH. AG could then take the Coventry Road stuff out of BC. This would free up a lot of space at BC to take in pretty much everything else out of PB. BY could gain the 28/38/54 by freeing up the 17/55 to LH.
96 as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

B.C Driver

I can't see the 97 leaving BC at its practically on the door step.
Could the 16 go to WB? It was there for a short while...
IF BC and PB merge into a new garage ideally it would be inbetween where PB and BC are now. The closer to City the more ideal.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

winston

Quote from: B.C Driver on January 22, 2018, 05:49:12 PM
I can't see the 97 leaving BC at its practically on the door step.
Could the 16 go to WB? It was there for a short while...
IF BC and PB merge into a new garage ideally it would be inbetween where PB and BC are now. The closer to City the more ideal.

I seem to remember at one point in the past, the 16 was going to transfer to WB.

I can't see Lea Hall being repurchased/re-opened as an operational depot, fully covered depots are too expensive to run & maintain, plus it is too small.

Mike K

Quote from: Winston on January 22, 2018, 06:00:19 PM
I seem to remember at one point in the past, the 16 was going to transfer to WB.

I'm pretty sure WB did operate the 16 for a short while, was it immediately after HY closed? It soon moved to PB.

Westy

Would some routes be changed for operational reasons, for example, if Nx  built a super depot on the outskirts of North East Brum?

When Dudley & Harts Hill was shut, you got extended routes between Wolves & Merry Hill & Walsall & Stourbridge for example.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk