News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall

Just a quick question regarding the 241, is it still running via Spies Lane towards Dudley? I just checked Kent Road and its closed between the mini roundabout and the Stag. If i wait on Spies Lane it should stop, shouldn't it?
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

nitromatt1

Quote from: N94 on August 28, 2013, 12:56:37 PM
Just a quick question regarding the 241, is it still running via Spies Lane towards Dudley? I just checked Kent Road and its closed between the mini roundabout and the Stag. If i wait on Spies Lane it should stop, shouldn't it?

Yes it did the diversion yesterday, only cut across from Spies Lane via 202 route

Niall

Quote from: nitromatt1 on August 28, 2013, 01:02:12 PM
Quote from: N94 on August 28, 2013, 12:56:37 PM

Yes it did the diversion yesterday, only cut across from Spies Lane via 202 route

ok then. Thanks for that.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Tony

There will be a lovely long diversion on the evening 900s in a couple of months when the bit of the A45 by the Arden Oak is resurfaced and the 900 has to go nearly to Solihull!

Another weird one will be when Six ways roundabout at Aston is done, 33/51 will just go under the underpass but the 7 will have a nice detour

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on August 28, 2013, 07:42:31 PM
There will be a lovely long diversion on the evening 900s in a couple of months when the bit of the A45 by the Arden Oak is resurfaced and the 900 has to go nearly to Solihull!

Another weird one will be when Six ways roundabout at Aston is done, 33/51 will just go under the underpass but the 7 will have a nice detour

I'll make sure to catch a crazy 900 then! Nice one Tony!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Lukeee

Will the work at Six Ways be done in the Evenings/Weekends or during the day as I regularly catch the 7 to/from work (Wouldn't mind a mittle detour however)

Tony

Quote from: Lukeee on August 28, 2013, 10:17:56 PM

Will the work at Six Ways be done in the Evenings/Weekends or during the day as I regularly catch the 7 to/from work (Wouldn't mind a mittle detour however)

It is evening. Another evening one coming up in a couple of months time is when they resurface Soho Road between Nineveh Road and Villa Road which will be 'interesting'

Lukeee

Quote from: Tony on August 28, 2013, 10:21:04 PM
Quote from: Lukeee on August 28, 2013, 10:17:56 PM

It is evening. Another evening one coming up in a couple of months time is when they resurface Soho Road between Nineveh Road and Villa Road which will be 'interesting'

Thanks, may well have to take an evening trip on it.

lgr

Weirdest diversion I ever did was during the really heavy snow in 2010. The 27 couldn't serve Bournville, so from Northfield it went straight down the Bristol Road into Selly Oak, turned around at Harborne Lane / Chapel Lane (Sainsbury's), then flowed the 11A route down Linden Road, but carried on straight into Cotteridge rather than turning off for Bournville station. Had to get off at Linden Road, but it would've been interesting to see where it went from there, but I assume it kept following the A4040 into Kings Heath, and then probably did the 50 route into Maypole.

As it missed out three major areas in Bournville, Stirchley, and Yardley Wood (I assume it missed out Hawkesley before Northfield as well as the estate is very tricky, so let's say four areas) I think it counts as a weird diversion!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: lgr on August 30, 2013, 10:22:28 PM
Weirdest diversion I ever did was during the really heavy snow in 2010. The 27 couldn't serve Bournville, so from Northfield it went straight down the Bristol Road into Selly Oak, turned around at Harborne Lane / Chapel Lane (Sainsbury's), then flowed the 11A route down Linden Road, but carried on straight into Cotteridge rather than turning off for Bournville station. Had to get off at Linden Road, but it would've been interesting to see where it went from there, but I assume it kept following the A4040 into Kings Heath, and then probably did the 50 route into Maypole.

As it missed out three major areas in Bournville, Stirchley, and Yardley Wood (I assume it missed out Hawkesley before Northfield as well as the estate is very tricky, so let's say four areas) I think it counts as a weird diversion!

I remember it well.

Diversions like that annoy me. They might've just revoked the service for the good that did.

Best route change was 'Yeah drivers on the X64 receiving? Due to heavy snow, please terminate at Selly Oak.' I can tell you for free it didn't last long!
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Trident 4609

Some rolling diversions on WN routes due to the Wolverhampton Marathon. My 25 (11:00 ex Wolverhampton) went down a side street in Wobaston due to Patshull Avenue/Marsh Lane being closed as it is part of the marathon route.

Matt.N0056

Thought I was going mad, saw a 37 heading down lode lane. Turns out due to an accident they can't go straight the Warwick rd Island. He obviously turned left onto lode land, and was going to turn it around at the olton tavern! Seen another one just after turning into lode lane.

Liverpool Street

Any idea why a 49 was going down Frankley Beeches Road , effectively missing out Hoggs Lane and the rest?
until it cought fire

Matt.N0056

Liverpool Street

until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk