News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

First Group's value takes a dive

Started by Tony, May 21, 2013, 08:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Winston on July 09, 2020, 10:55:22 AM
Plus full lockdown didn't even start until 23rd March.
Never on the day of The Budget has the phrase a good day to bury bad news ever applied so much. FirstGroup announcing they are heading to the terminus have to be frank in this financial statement issued to the City been Transforming Spin

WyreForestShuttle

Route-one report on FirstGroup commitment to 2035 zero emissions & analysis of its recent financial statements contrasting with fleet streets dramatic take on them:

https://www.route-one.net/news/first-bus-makes-2035-zero-emission-commitment/

winston

winston

winston

BK63 YWP

I wonder if Arriva will go the same way, DB has wanted rid of it for a while. Maybe NX many do a merger with Arriva instead?
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

BNH2004

BK63 YWP

QuotePotential NX merger?
No it's a private equity firm so a buyout not a merger. Nothing to do with NX 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

QuoteNo it's a private equity firm so a buyout not a merger. Nothing to do with NX
If you read the article in 'The Times' they are suggesting that it could be a possibility.

j789

Would be a good fit in place of the Stagecoach Merger. With the 144 to Brum gone, there also isn't any overlap between operating territory so shouldn't create any monopoly issues.

Also, cities like Leeds are similar to the West Mids set up so I'm sure NX could get a lot of value from them going forward. May even be better value than the Stagecoach opportunity as it should be a cheaper option to merge or take over First instead.

winston

Quote from: Tony on May 27, 2022, 06:56:16 PMIf you read the article in 'The Times' they are suggesting that it could be a possibility.
The problem for NX is they can't compete with Private Equity all cash offers. NX can only merge or takeover another group using paper (I.e. shares) they're not cash rich & still carry a large amount of debt. 

winston

I Squared Capital have confirmed that they do not intend to make a formal offer for First Group:
https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/uk/first_group/rns/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=858&newsid=1615999

I'd personally like to see NX Group & First Group merge.

mikestone

Perhaps not impressed with the farce at Avanti West Coast?

winston

First Group are now firmly in No1 spot, being the largest UK Stock Market listed Transport Group by Mkt Cap = £1.054 Billion @ 140p/share, following this morning's FY results which beat market expections, shares currently up 18%

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/uk/first_group/rns/regulatory-story.aspx?cid=858&newsid=1693625

NX Group (Mobico) has some catching up now to do with a £714 million Mkt Cap

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk