News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

National Express Coaches

Started by winston, October 01, 2012, 12:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

Is there a way to find out which NX coaches belong to whom if that makes sense i.e

MD15 - Travel-De-Courcey an so forth ?
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Nathan4775 on November 24, 2013, 05:10:23 PM
Is there a way to find out which NX coaches belong to whom if that makes sense i.e

There might be, bear with me.  ;)

winston

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on November 24, 2013, 05:43:14 PM

Or

http://hbpub.co.uk/national.htm  ;)

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Winston on November 24, 2013, 05:53:39 PM
Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on November 24, 2013, 05:43:14 PM

Or

http://hbpub.co.uk/national.htm  ;)

I'd just like to point out that since the 2012 'NX01' pocket book, the only involvement I've had is the pic on the cover of the 2013 'HB12'  ;D

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Winston on November 23, 2013, 05:34:15 PM
Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on November 23, 2013, 02:33:17 PM
Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on November 23, 2013, 01:20:01 AM
Quote from: Winston on November 22, 2013, 11:36:26 AM
Quote from: dannygill on November 22, 2013, 11:32:35 AM
It seems made bruces using volvos as I know there not a fan nor there drivers but I guess you cant be picky at a time of need!!

Notepanel29 posted this on NX coaches yahoo group, I assume they are further Scania?

It appears that Bruce's are due some new vehicles imminently...

FN63 PWL/PWO/PWU/PWX/PWY

All currently at Caetano in Ibstock. Due to the quantity I assume these are Tri-axle vehicles. If so, they'll be the first new batch for several years.

I've not been following the scene to my usual standards lately, but the '13 season build that I'm aware of runs to at least 41 bodies, & I don't know any that aren't on twin axle B9's.

Scrub that. Whatever they are, they're NOT B9R's.

The fact that Bruce's have had the only 12 plate tri-axle Scania/Levante, I suspect it may be more of those

I was told shortly after the fire at bruces that they had bought the demonstrator (12 plate) and that they had 9 more scanias on order. wasn't told if they was going to be tri axles but the Scotland services are really busy and it would be silly not to use tri's!
campaigning for better transport for all

bwsau cymru

does anyone know how the Bristol commuter service is run?

is it run by kings ferry or sub contracted to south glocester (or someone like them) or is it run directly by kf and if so have they set up a depot down there?

do kf have just the one depot prior to Bristol?

winston

Quote from: dannygill on November 24, 2013, 08:06:43 PM
does anyone know how the Bristol commuter service is run?

is it run by kings ferry or sub contracted to south glocester (or someone like them) or is it run directly by kf and if so have they set up a depot down there?

do kf have just the one depot prior to Bristol?

It's run by Kings Ferry directly with 4 brand new 63 plate Caetano bodied Volvo B9R's and a former Silverdale/NX Op's 06 plate Volvo B12B/Caetano Levante which has been refurbished to act as a spare. They are operated out of the Volvo dealership in Avonmouth

bwsau cymru

Fn63pwk one of bruces new TRI-AXLE SCANIA CANTAEO LEVANTES. Like with their demonstrator the drivers side lockers are manually operated.

winston

Quote from: dannygill on November 28, 2013, 02:31:03 PM
Fn63pwk one of bruces new TRI-AXLE SCANIA CANTAEO LEVANTES. Like with their demonstrator the drivers side lockers are manually operated.

I noticed that one being posted on a Yahoo group, the registration appears to be additional to the other six that were previously quoted, so looks as though at least seven are now due

dayvid

Change of Subject slightly.
But what will be the next industry standard National Express coach?

Would be nice to see them return to Plaxton and try the Elite-I platform.
Ok its not quite a double decker but would be great for capacity and comfort. just imagine the wood floor effect and leathers
. Mint

notepanel

Quote from: Winston on November 28, 2013, 03:02:31 PM
Quote from: dannygill on November 28, 2013, 02:31:03 PM

I noticed that one being posted on a Yahoo group, the registration appears to be additional to the other six that were previously quoted, so looks as though at least seven are now due

8 are currently known FN63 PWJ/PWK/PWL/PWO/PWU/PWX/PWY/PWZ. Presumably, if YN12 CZJ is staying that completes the batch. 

winston

According to the latest Bus & Coach Buyer from an interview with Tom Stables (NX coaches MD).

NX have 42 x Tri-axle Levantes on order this year (28 for Owned Ops at Stansted & a further 14 for elsewhere)

The article also suggests 20 standard Levante are also still outstanding this year

notepanel

Quote from: Winston on April 04, 2014, 05:52:27 PM
According to the latest Bus & Coach Buyer from an interview with Tom Stables (NX coaches MD).

NX have 42 x Tri-axle Levantes on order this year (28 for Owned Ops at Stansted & a further 14 for elsewhere)

The article also suggests 20 standard Levante are also still outstanding this year

That order should replace all of the current Owned Ops Tri-Axle Fleet (currently 27 by my count) at Start Hill (Stansted).

It is to my understanding that Go Northern are not looking to replace their vehicles until next year (and are still undecided over a Volvo or Scania version), so in theory the remaining vehicles could replace the 57 & 58 plate examples at SGBC & Lucketts (which would equate to 43 vehicles if I've counted correctly!)

With regards the standard vehicles, '56' plate examples are still in normal service with Selwyns, SGBC & TGM/MK Metro (officially on NX Fleet Strength as 3, 2 & 4 respectively). With SGBC still operating at least 7 2003 model vehicles in NX Livery & TGM/MK Metro still operating numerous '07' plate examples, I would like to think these operators (or replacement operators) would be receiving some new vehicles! Any spare would most likely go to Bournemouth Transport to replace the remaining older examples there.

winston

Quote from: notepanel on April 04, 2014, 10:56:52 PM
Quote from: Winston on April 04, 2014, 05:52:27 PM

That order should replace all of the current Owned Ops Tri-Axle Fleet (currently 27 by my count) at Start Hill (Stansted).

It is to my understanding that Go Northern are not looking to replace their vehicles until next year (and are still undecided over a Volvo or Scania version), so in theory the remaining vehicles could replace the 57 & 58 plate examples at SGBC & Lucketts (which would equate to 43 vehicles if I've counted correctly!)

With regards the standard vehicles, '56' plate examples are still in normal service with Selwyns, SGBC & TGM/MK Metro (officially on NX Fleet Strength as 3, 2 & 4 respectively). With SGBC still operating at least 7 2003 model vehicles in NX Livery & TGM/MK Metro still operating numerous '07' plate examples, I would like to think these operators (or replacement operators) would be receiving some new vehicles! Any spare would most likely go to Bournemouth Transport to replace the remaining older examples there.

I was under the impression that tri-axles were out of favour at owned ops, a number of the 57 plate examples have been withdrawn and replaced by standard Levante including some of the ex Rotala examples. SGBC tri-axle Levantes have been advertised for sale for sometime with no takers to date. As you say SGBC seem to be operating a number of coaches in NX livery far older than the max 7 yr age limit. They've only recently taken some ex Stagecoach 56 plate Levantes for NX work

bwsau cymru

Sgbc operate vehicles regulary that are old such as lk53 xxx plaxton panthers and vanhools, but these then to be used on dupes.

Anyone know what chasis these new coaches will be on?

And parks of hamilton are continueing to replace there tri axle panthers there was a 14 plate elite on 570 service on sat, was told that the 09 plate planthers have 1.5 million miles on the clock in 5 years

Tri axle elites seem good

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk