News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Derby Garage

Started by cheshire exile, March 18, 2012, 11:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leepenfold30

2704/2746 fulltime transferes

mark114

Thank you so much leepenfold30 for answering my post on the above vehicles greatly appreciated

Street deck sk17hhc and streetlite sk17hhl are in service here

mikestone

Surprised to see 4404 on the X38 today in Burton - and Thurmaston had  Solo 2529 on the 29A to Leicester.

Grinder

Way behind but I have only just noticed 4484's post 20/12 about the Streetlite and the Streetdeck in use at Derby.  According to Buslistsontheweb.com they are owned by Wrights themselves so the question is are they demo vehicles or loan to cover warranty work.  Anyone know ?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Grinder on January 16, 2018, 07:49:45 PM
Way behind but I have only just noticed 4484's post 20/12 about the Streetlite and the Streetdeck in use at Derby.  According to Buslistsontheweb.com they are owned by Wrights themselves so the question is are they demo vehicles or loan to cover warranty work.  Anyone know ?

Buslistsontheweb.com shows first owner, not necessarily the current one. Wright may have sold the vehicles in question to Arriva

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Grinder

I realise that buslistsontheweb only covers the first owner but normally Arriva and the other big players buy in batches not single vehicles hence my query about loan.

Streetdeck sk17hhc now with GoAhead-Northeast as 9085 running on x21

mark114

Hello I am planning a visit to the above location in the next week or so could any tell me besides seeing Derby buses will I see anything else from other depots that is info would be greatly appreciated

Cheese

Quote from: mark114 on February 14, 2018, 11:08:15 PM
Hello I am planning a visit to the above location in the next week or so could any tell me besides seeing Derby buses will I see anything else from other depots that is info would be greatly appreciated

Not other Arriva depots, only Arriva Derby buses serve Derby. Plenty of Your Bus and Trent Barton including Notts & Derby otherwise.

mark114

Thank you so much cheese for your post also for the info which is greatly appreciated

leepenfold30

19 New Streetlites heading for Derby

tphi12000

Tony

Bob

Poor Derby. I honestly dont know why Arriva keep buying these heaps. They're generally regarded as awful by a lot of drivers/passengers. Cheap and fuel economy maybe? At the expense of quality and comfort.

PointerDart

Quote from: Bob on January 06, 2019, 05:59:47 PM
Poor Derby. I honestly dont know why Arriva keep buying these heaps. They're generally regarded as awful by a lot of drivers/passengers. Cheap and fuel economy maybe? At the expense of quality and comfort.

It's all about bottoms on seats I guess so the cost-effectiveness most likely is a factor. One of the reasons I can't see the Volvo B8RLE picking up with many major operators as a replacement for B7s and SB200s.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk