News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Walsall Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 06, 2012, 06:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: DJ98 on February 17, 2018, 07:09:36 PM
What's changing in a couple of weeks?

Also, don't Diamond have Eclipse 2's on the 4/4H quite regularly?

My job is moving back to Great Bridge!

DJ

Quote from: Westy on February 17, 2018, 08:30:26 PM
My job is moving back to Great Bridge!

Oh, got you, I thought you meant something was changing with the buses that meant there'd be more Eclipse 2's in Bradford Place!

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Westy

Any reason why the 2nd Cannock X51 in a morning has been a red & white Enviro so far this week?

We normally only get a red & white at least once a week!

Are we short of Platties at Walsall?

Jack

Quote from: Westy on February 21, 2018, 06:34:23 PM
Any reason why the 2nd Cannock X51 in a morning has been a red & white Enviro so far this week?

Are you going to keep mentioning the red/white E400's on the X51? I wouldn't bother, most of the time the Cannock X51's are E400's. We don't need to know this everyday! Just as annoying as when you posted Thandi not running after 5pm!

If there's no more Platniums left in garage then an E400 will be used.

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on February 21, 2018, 06:36:32 PM
Are you going to keep mentioning the red/white E400's on the X51? I wouldn't bother, most of the time the Cannock X51's are E400's. We don't need to know this everyday! Just as annoying as when you posted Thandi not running after 5pm!

If there's no more Platniums left in garage then an E400 will be used.

Do you not agree it's silly that a platinum  route is not operated solely by platinums though? If they haven't got the correct amount then don't advertise it as a platinum service. Same goes for the x10 at PN rarely is it fully platinum operated- yet advertised as a platinum route.

Also have platinum drivers lost their suits or was this got rid of ages ago?

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 21, 2018, 06:53:48 PM
Do you not agree it's silly that a platinum  route is not operated solely by platinums though? If they haven't got the correct amount then don't advertise it as a platinum service. Same goes for the x10 at PN rarely is it fully platinum operated- yet advertised as a platinum route.

Same for the X12, three Gemini's were on it today. I guess it's better than not having any bus at all. I'd rather have the E400's on the 997 then the Platniums, just my opinion. The X1 I was on today the driver was wearing the grey tie. Haven't seen one wearing them for a while, but I doubt anybody really notices.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Westy on February 21, 2018, 06:34:23 PM

I think that one that does the second Cannock is a morning peak board. Does the Cannock into Birmingham, short X51 to Great Barr then 705 school. Walsall usually put standard Enviro's on these peak boards instead of all day boards. So that's probably why it has been a standard Enviro quite a bit.

Also Walsall only have 40 Platinum's for around 40 running boards (including morning and afternoon peak boards combined). So if a couple of Platinum's are off the road (which is common occurrence due to break downs etc) , Walsall will use the standard Enviro 400's.

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 21, 2018, 06:53:48 PM

If I was paying extra for the privilege of using Platinum buses I might be aggrieved.

But they don't cost any more. If I'm waiting for an X1/X2 and a standard Enviro400 or Trident turns up, I'll catch it, without complaint. I'm honestly not bothered, I just want to get on the bus that will take me where I want to go.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

Look.

I agree a bus is a bus, whatever colour it is.

I was just intrigued why we had a red & white all 3 days so far this week.

Its a forum, not an arguing shop!

And if I want to moan about Thandi then I will.

At least I wont have to catch them when I'm back over Great Bridge, as they're coming off the 311!

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Jack on February 23, 2018, 03:21:24 PM
856 - 301

There was a 473* E400 on the 70A earlier, can't remember which one though.

@Jack Enviro 200's get onto the 301 every day as one of the 36 boards does late night 301's and 302's.

Jack

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 23, 2018, 10:03:04 PM
@Jack Enviro 200's get onto the 301 every day as one of the 36 boards does late night 301's and 302's.
Oh ok, never knew, thanks for the confirmation!

Dom

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 23, 2018, 10:03:04 PM

Not at 3:20 though.

Tony

Yes, 856 was unusually on 301-02 all day

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on February 23, 2018, 10:52:59 PM
Yes, 856 was unusually on 301-02 all day

Whoops. Didn't read the time it was posted. Thanks @Tony.

Jack

858 makes a right racket at the back. Something must need tightening as it is really loud.
860 displaying rubbish on the 36 today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk