News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Chase Bus

Started by Michael Bevan, August 25, 2016, 07:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mranon

weird too that the optare excel has been parked in a layby near j12/13 m6 for hours all in darkness

Grinder

Has the Chase Bus bubble burst ?.  Saw the Optare Excel parked in a lay-by on the A449 between Penkridge and Gailey today.  Notts/Derby fleetname removed and looking quite forelorn and un-cared for.

Cheese

Quote from: Grinder on March 14, 2017, 04:46:09 PM
Has the Chase Bus bubble burst ?.  Saw the Optare Excel parked in a lay-by on the A449 between Penkridge and Gailey today.  Notts/Derby fleetname removed and looking quite forelorn and un-cared for.

Just gone past on the train and it's still parked up, perhaps it has broken down and is waiting to be recovered.

Chase_Bus

Don't fret, it hasn't broken down or anything. It was awaiting a respray but some idiots decided to tag the side of it and so it had to be moved so no further damage could occur!

It is just awaiting pickup to go to the paint shop!
Managing Director for ChaseBus Limited. ashley.fellows@chasebus.co.uk

mranon

I wouldn't leave it there either!

mranon

still there today, but saw it in daylight. where did it get tagged?

Chase_Bus

It was tagged the other evening while in Penkridge, absolute A-holes the kids were.

Although, it is going to get resprayed very soon anyway so it isn't as annoying as you might think

mranon

surely you would have a yard or something you could park it. I would not leave a bus there attended, let alone unattended at night. once had a coach broken down there, left it 2 hours and it had been vandalised badly

karl724223

Will maintainence be done on the side of the road as well

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: karl724223 on March 16, 2017, 08:49:50 PM
Will maintainence be done on the side of the road as well

Only when it breaks down.

Oh hang on, it's an Excel!

Seriously though, the alarm bells are going off here. The (to date) only bit of rolling stock is left outside at the mercy of any passing idiot for want of a secure compound (I'm assuming purely for financial reasons). Hardly inspires confidence..

the trainbasher

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on March 17, 2017, 12:11:45 AM
Only when it breaks down.

Oh hang on, it's an Excel!

Seriously though, the alarm bells are going off here. The (to date) only bit of rolling stock is left outside at the mercy of any passing idiot for want of a secure compound (I'm assuming purely for financial reasons). Hardly inspires confidence..

Could be worse...could have been the early few years of CityFox...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Steveminor

Wheres your application for you o licence. Im assuming sonce youve bought a bus & posted on facebook that youve got uniform delivered that your licence must be nearly granted

mranon

first of all, would you buy a bus before o licence parking maintainance was all sorted? not any sensible person. certainly would not leave it there like they have done. I only hope its road legal being parked on the public highway, as it might attract attention being left in the same spot for days now.

woody38

See the bus every day going to work, nothing to do with me but surely there somewhere better than this to park your bus, have u asked Arriva at Cannock if they will let u park in there for a small fee until u can find somewhere safe, I am worried somebody might set light to it, it happened years ago when a lorry was left there for sometime,

Chase_Bus

Quote from: mranon on March 17, 2017, 06:57:13 PM
first of all, would you buy a bus before o licence parking maintainance was all sorted? not any sensible person. certainly would not leave it there like they have done. I only hope its road legal being parked on the public highway, as it might attract attention being left in the same spot for days now.

You have to get all your vehicles and financials sorted before applying for your o-license :) I personally have been going over there multiple times per day to check up on the vehicle. As for it being road legal, it is fully insured, MOT'd till September and Taxed until September.

A yard has already been sorted, I have been advised to not reveal anymore information on the project by my solicitor which is why there haven't been any more updates.

The only thing I can tell you 100% is that we aim to be up and running by September and will announce more information about the final plans nearer the date. I have already been messed around by fake "investors" who just want to know my plans. Arriva have already registered one of my planned routes because of this, which was expected - Hence the lack of information and constant change of plans, to keep them wondering what's going on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk