News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Chase Bus

Started by Michael Bevan, August 25, 2016, 07:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: The King on August 28, 2016, 12:49:30 PM
I wish Mr Fellows well in his bid to launch Chase Bus but at the same I have doubts that this will be a commercially viable or will be able to get off the ground, I hope it does as it will be nice to see Chase back around Cannock.

Do we have any information on who else is involved in this project because all I can see on the company check is two kids starting out in the big mean world of busses when it appears that both are merely enthusiasts.

(source https://companycheck.co.uk/company/10309552/CHASEBUS-LIMITED/companies-house-data)

And one resigned as a director after a week

The King

Oh crikey, I missed that bit.

sryan188

The Latin wording is usually used as a placeholder for text layout so that is normal but why the site is live before completing is very unprofessional they would usually use a staging site that would not be accessible hidden behind a 403 forbidden message.

The worrying thing is this site is a copy of the Anglian buses website including the company info at the bottom. Starting a company with plagiarism and using copyrighted material is not a good start.

Anglian Bus Ltd | Registered Company number: 1260689
Registered address: 3rd floor, 41-51 Grey Street, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 6EE

Kevin

It is quite obviously from bullshit school as Cityfox
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

sryan188

It might not be rubbish it may happen but it shows that the directors have little knowledge of the industry and general business!!

They have not considered copyright laws and are discussing commercially sensitive information that will allow their competitors to react much quicker. I would also think the business manager at the bank or an investor they are looking for funding from will not look positively at the business case with the information that is out there.

Also starting a new company with brand new buses is not viable unless you have the capital behind that only really one of the big four could do. Not even a well established operator would take the risk at first with brand new vehicles unless they have other alternative plans or you could lease vehicles short term so you don't have a large asset on your balance sheet but i would doubt a leasing company would lease brand new vehicles without assets to secure against.

They also don't have the buying power of the larger independents when it comes to vehicles who would out bid them or purchase prior to the auction of the GHA coaches fleet as only a small percentage have gone for auction many are been sold direct by the finance companies or though Ensign or similar.

If this is true they seem a bit naïve in business. Unless they employ someone with industry or business management experience they will find it very difficult.

They would be better picking up some of the work that Arriva have left in Stafford and expand from there.

Michael Bevan

Just read on Facebook that Chase Bus have supposedly bought ex Trent Barton Optare Excel Y257 DRC.

Dom

Quote from: Adam 404 on February 13, 2017, 04:36:01 PM
There seems to be more progress... The expect to start service in the summer.

http://www.staffordshirenewsletter.co.uk/shop-worker-22-sets-up-bus-firm-after-arriva-cuts/story-30132397-detail/story.html#2C5djFlhGZDGSgWs.01

I know the owner. He is currently in the process of prepping the bus to get wrapped into the livery. 

Chase_Bus

Hey all, just want to post in here and clarify a few things as some seem to be getting the wrong idea.

First of all I have no intentions to be another "Cityfox" xD He even had me going at one point and was quite convincing up until he tried to sell me loads of buses that weren't his.

Secondly, I appreciate the support some have been posting here and even the concerns (Some are well met).
The whole point behind ChaseBus was to fill in the gaps where Arriva simply fail and I think the plan we have for that will do just fine, we aren't looking for the "full amount" on a loan as I have invested £23,000 of my own cash into the project. Letting people know about our "Telford plan" was necessary to assess the demand, part of the reason Arriva fail in so many aspects is they don't do the research beforehand, the local survey we did received excellent, honest responses and opinions from local residents.

Three buses is our goal. And that will get everything set up and running, I have multiple years experience with customer service, my Transport Manager has 15 years under his belt. The drivers I have lined up have at least 3 years experience so I will be relying on everyone to ensure things run as smoothly as they possibly could and that is how I want it to run, like a family and none of this "We own you, you do as we say" mentality as that just gives off the wrong impressions across the board.

I noticed a post about people behind the project, I can assure you it isn't just myself as I am working closely with a lot of people who cannot be named at this moment in time for obvious reasons.

It's true I don't have a huge amount of experience in the bus industry but with a passion to learn and some good friends with experience, things shouldn't go too badly.

People have voiced some concerns for the whole endeavour and I really do appreciate it, it's something to learn by and improve and I encourage people to do more of it.

Finally I just want to say that this post wasn't supposed to be a rant but more informative and isn't meant to offend anyone or cause harm.

P.S - Our real route plans we are keeping secret ;)
Managing Director for ChaseBus Limited. ashley.fellows@chasebus.co.uk

Pete50492

Quote from: Chase_Bus on February 13, 2017, 07:50:01 PM
Hey all, just want to post in here and clarify a few things as some seem to be getting the wrong idea.

First of all I have no intentions to be another "Cityfox" xD He even had me going at one point and was quite convincing up until he tried to sell me loads of buses that weren't his.

Secondly, I appreciate the support some have been posting here and even the concerns (Some are well met).
The whole point behind ChaseBus was to fill in the gaps where Arriva simply fail and I think the plan we have for that will do just fine, we aren't looking for the "full amount" on a loan as I have invested £23,000 of my own cash into the project. Letting people know about our "Telford plan" was necessary to assess the demand, part of the reason Arriva fail in so many aspects is they don't do the research beforehand, the local survey we did received excellent, honest responses and opinions from local residents.

Three buses is our goal. And that will get everything set up and running, I have multiple years experience with customer service, my Transport Manager has 15 years under his belt. The drivers I have lined up have at least 3 years experience so I will be relying on everyone to ensure things run as smoothly as they possibly could and that is how I want it to run, like a family and none of this "We own you, you do as we say" mentality as that just gives off the wrong impressions across the board.

I noticed a post about people behind the project, I can assure you it isn't just myself as I am working closely with a lot of people who cannot be named at this moment in time for obvious reasons.

It's true I don't have a huge amount of experience in the bus industry but with a passion to learn and some good friends with experience, things shouldn't go too badly.

People have voiced some concerns for the whole endeavour and I really do appreciate it, it's something to learn by and improve and I encourage people to do more of it.

Finally I just want to say that this post wasn't supposed to be a rant but more informative and isn't meant to offend anyone or cause harm.

P.S - Our real route plans we are keeping secret ;)

I am sure I am not alone in wishing you well in your venture. I have always believed that there are opportunities in this area for those willing to put the effort in. I shall follow your progress with keen interest.

Grinder

I agree with Pete50492, learn from market research and don't do a Social Travel adding services onto an existing Arriva route which anyone who knows the Stafford area could have said would fail, you should do ok.  It's good to read that you want your buses to look good, another failure of Social Travel whose buses looked like nails and sounded like them.

Stu

My only advice is to carefully analyse the research you have done to check it is valid.

Passengers will tell you they want this and that service, and then don't use it.

You only have to look at the chopping and changing around Old Hill and Cradley Heath: passengers demand a service to Russells Hall, the change is implemented, then several months later the revision is dropped because of 'lack of use'. And then passengers complain again!

But apart from that, I wish you the best of luck. As you have a background in customer-facing services, you should have a good understanding of being able to assess and meet your customers needs and requirements, I don't feel your lack of experience in the transport industry should be seen as a hindrance, I think you'll do well if you got the right people around you.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Chase_Bus

A few shots of Y257 DRC on our travels yesterday :)

Please ignore the Notts&Derby logo, that is being removed later today and cleaned up ready for a respray.
Managing Director for ChaseBus Limited. ashley.fellows@chasebus.co.uk

Kevin

You could just wait for a response, it hasn't even been a week since you last asked
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk