News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Metro extension gets go-ahead

Started by Stu, June 21, 2016, 08:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-36590999

I wonder how many moaners will complain about 'lazy people not being arsed to walk a few hundred yards to the bus station', as we heard for so many years about the extension in Birmingham city centre?  :D
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dom

Quote from: Stu on June 21, 2016, 08:29:34 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-36590999

I wonder how many moaners will complain about 'lazy people not being arsed to walk a few hundred yards to the bus station', as we heard for so many years about the extension in Birmingham city centre?  :D

It's true and fair enough point though and it's probably quicker to walk than catch the tram from wsg to pipers row.

Kevin

Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

wembley86

Quote from: Dom on June 21, 2016, 11:40:52 PM
It's true and fair enough point though and it's probably quicker to walk than catch the tram from wsg to pipers row.
Wolverhampton St George's will be bypassed after the royal stopping at the two new stops, with some trams stopping at Wolverhampton St George's

the trainbasher

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Dom

Quote from: the trainbasher on June 24, 2016, 07:25:03 PM
How will the Brexit affect this?

I'd imagine it won't (I may be wrong but) it is government funded not EU funded, correct?

the trainbasher

@Dom damn! I was hoping a Brexit would force it to be cancelled, forcing those lazy people who can't be arsed to have a nice healthy stroll...all for the Greater Good

Oh well I can wish

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMK

Makes you wonder why they didn't just follow the old low level rail route from Priestfield to the train station.
Then you wouldn't have had the original disruption of digging up the Bilston Road and now Pipers Row.

I've already had enough of the disruption caused by the council's pointless road layout changes in Wolves city centre and now I get to look forward to this >_<
We'll get rid of your bus to Wolves and replace it with one to Walsall instead.......... Oh the joy of a Network Review. -_-

the trainbasher

Quote from: SMK on June 24, 2016, 10:04:49 PM
Makes you wonder why they didn't just follow the old low level rail route from Priestfield to the train station.
Then you wouldn't have had the original disruption of digging up the Bilston Road and now Pipers Row.

I've already had enough of the disruption caused by the council's pointless road layout changes in Wolves city centre and now I get to look forward to this >_<

Remember @SMK, all this disruption is for the Greater Good. I mean, all that lovely compensation money for the council for roadwork overruns

Tony

Other Walsall Tony

Quote from: SMK on June 24, 2016, 10:04:49 PM

What would be the advantage of turning out passengers at the old Low Level? Seperated from the City Centre by railway, canal and ring road?
Tony

the trainbasher

What a great waste of taxpayers money. Have people never heard of walking?

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 18, 2018, 06:00:27 PM
What a great waste of taxpayers money. Have people never heard of walking?

How does it get to Wednesfield then without this extension?

the trainbasher

Quote from: Tony on January 18, 2018, 06:14:17 PM
How does it get to Wednesfield then without this extension?

What I am mainly objecting to as a resident of the West Midlands is that it will cost more if done as a split from the current line one to Wolverhampton Station and Wolverhampton station to Wednesfield, same with the situation in Birmingham where it is going only as far as Grand Central when they should have been doing the whole lot in one go in my opinion.

Oh I forgot, the taxpayer funding does not matter for the combined authorities wishes at times

Tony

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 18, 2018, 06:54:34 PM
What I am mainly objecting to as a resident of the West Midlands is that it will cost more if done as a split from the current line one to Wolverhampton Station and Wolverhampton station to Wednesfield, same with the situation in Birmingham where it is going only as far as Grand Central when they should have been doing the whole lot in one go in my opinion.

Oh I forgot, the taxpayer funding does not matter for the combined authorities wishes at times

They are doing the Birmingham bit in one go. The workmen that did the extension to Grand Central carried on and are still working on the next bit.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk