News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

The state of this forum

Started by MW, January 06, 2016, 10:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

I don't think I've ever made a message regarding the state of this forum, but I feel that I should, especially seeing as one or two long standing members have actually left. Now I don't know if anyone agrees with me, but can the moderators please address this issue about the utter retards who seem to have sprung up in this forum clogging things up, asking stupid questions, posting pointless things, and spewing constant rubbish about giving change. The change issue, fair enough it's a simple enquiry/question but it's been answered so many times and this guy still goes on about it.

I've seen certain members touch on this before. I've been "on the bus scene" since about 2007-8, and it's just in the past year or two I feel that the level of trolling and bullshit has excelled for some reason.

I think the moderators should go on a deleting spree firstly, if it's already not done, and then address the rules and actively make some examples out of people.

I'm not targeting anyone for any other reason than their posts and attitude on this forum. Such members of the top of my head include RS, the guy who keeps banging on about 4817, and then the change guy. And then we've got members like trident4370 and possibly thetrainbasher (haven't seen him post in a while, maybe it's another reason) leave.

First world problems eh, but it is really irritating.

Am I being unreasonable or inconsiderate by posting this and having these thoughts? Or are other people in agreement with me?

Dom

Quote from: MW on January 06, 2016, 10:11:43 PM
I don't think I've ever made a message regarding the state of this forum, but I feel that I should, especially seeing as one or two long standing members have actually left. Now I don't know if anyone agrees with me, but can the moderators please address this issue about the utter retards who seem to have sprung up in this forum clogging things up, asking stupid questions, posting pointless things, and spewing constant rubbish about giving change. The change issue, fair enough it's a simple enquiry/question but it's been answered so many times and this guy still goes on about it.

I've seen certain members touch on this before. I've been "on the bus scene" since about 2007-8, and it's just in the past year or two I feel that the level of trolling and bullshit has excelled for some reason.

I think the moderators should go on a deleting spree firstly, if it's already not done, and then address the rules and actively make some examples out of people.

I'm not targeting anyone for any other reason than their posts and attitude on this forum. Such members of the top of my head include RS, the guy who keeps banging on about 4817, and then the change guy. And then we've got members like trident4370 and possibly thetrainbasher (haven't seen him post in a while, maybe it's another reason) leave.

Am I being unreasonable or inconsiderate by posting this and having these thoughts? Or are other people in agreement with me?

I feel exactly the same @MW. Having been on this forum for almost 3 years there is a clear difference between how it is and how it was. You've just said what alot of us are thinking

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: MW on January 06, 2016, 10:11:43 PM

I think the words utter retards may be thought of as highly offensive.

It is strange you say that the forum in your eyes has gone downhill, yet it is getting more and more views each day.

I know the people who you are on about, but have to say, IMO, Rhys (RS) has got better of late!

The moderators have a very hard job, not forgetting they do it just to keep the forum up and running. How do you try and encourage free speech within a forum where the ages range from 11 to well over 60, whilst trying to keep the rules. Yes maybe the membership does need to be looked at and people who are not posting got rid of, but then isn't it up to us all to ensure that the forum runs smooth, not just Tony, Winston & Charlie.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

danny

I have to agree with @MW Ive popped on tonight and top of my feeds just been filled with crap... I'm probably one of the quieter members of the forum but sometimes just can't deal with the junk.
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

John

I don't usually get involved in things like this but I really don't think we can put the 'change giving' discussion in the same boat as the rubbish I've seen tonight and on other occasions before. I know it gets repetitive at times, but it seems a more valid subject to discuss on a bus forum (which seems to have not been brought up lately) than the latest round of rubbish

Other than that, I do agree to a certain extent of the points raised

Dom

Quote from: John on January 06, 2016, 10:38:18 PM
I don't usually get involved in things like this but I really don't think we can put the 'change giving' discussion in the same boat as the rubbish I've seen tonight and on other occasions before. I know it gets repetitive at times, but it seems a more valid subject to discuss on a bus forum (which seems to have not been brought up lately) than the latest round of rubbish

That is true but it is still clogging up the forum with crap

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: danny on January 06, 2016, 10:26:56 PM
I have to agree with @MW Ive popped on tonight and top of my feeds just been filled with crap... I'm probably one of the quieter members of the forum but sometimes just can't deal with the junk.

Yes but don't forget against every post made, there is a "report to moderator" link, click on it and put why you feel the post or thread is wrong, then it is flagged up with the moderators and they can deal with it.

To me tonight has been a bad night for people posting rubbish, but lately I have to say I feel it has been better with people debating and not arguing so much.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 06, 2016, 10:41:00 PM
Yes but don't forget against every post made, there is a "report to moderator" link, click on it and put why you feel the post or thread is wrong, then it is flagged up with the moderators and they can deal with it.

Yes but not all posts need to be reported as they may be of use to others. One man's rubbish is another mans treasure

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: WN on January 06, 2016, 10:43:38 PM
Yes but not all posts need to be reported as they may be of use to others. One man's rubbish is another mans treasure

Yes but post's like we had earlier tonight need to be dealt with promptly. All they were doing was winding people up, so what i am saying is instead of posting in that thread and just starting an argument, report it. I did and shortly after the offending threads vanished. Don't know whether it was my report that did it, or whether a moderator had already seen it. The moderators can't look at every single new thread or post straight away, that is why reporting it flags it up,

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 06, 2016, 10:49:23 PM
Yes but post's like we had earlier tonight need to be dealt with promptly. All they were doing was winding people up, so what i am saying is instead of posting in that thread and just starting an argument, report it. I did and shortly after the offending threads vanished. Don't know whether it was my report that did it, or whether a moderator had already seen it. The moderators can't look at every single new thread or post straight away, that is why reporting it flags it up,

The thing is it needs to be stricter on the trouble markets not just delete the thread and brush it under the Carpet. I mean without seeming like im singling him out rhys. Surly he should of gone Ages ago after the amount of chances he was given.  Yet still gives me and other members grief over Facebook.

Tony

Quote from: WN on January 06, 2016, 10:54:42 PM
.  Yet still gives me and other members grief over Facebook.

That is nothing to do with this forum!

A lot of people give him grief away from the forum, his father has shown me some of the comments made

RS abides by the rules of the forum at the moment

Dom

Quote from: Tony on January 06, 2016, 10:58:52 PM
That is nothing to do with this forum!

A lot of people give him grief away from the forum, his father has shown me some of the comments made

RS abides by the rules of the forum at the moment

I understand that Tony. You say at the moment, so that implies that he didn't before, which questions why no action was take. Just reading between the lines, law does it to you

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: WN on January 06, 2016, 10:54:42 PM
The thing is it needs to be stricter on the trouble markets not just delete the thread and brush it under the Carpet. I mean without seeming like im singling him out rhys. Surly he should of gone Ages ago after the amount of chances he was given.  Yet still gives me and other members grief over Facebook.

Sadly that is Facebook, it's not here. I still say that on this forum, Rhys has behaved better of late, remember he is only 11.

Also remember who is the person that has been posting tonight has autism which means that he has difficulty in communicating what he wants to say. This all has to be taken into consideration!

Dom

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 06, 2016, 11:04:19 PM
remember he is only 11.

Wasn't going to post this but since Im obviously getting reported I might as well, he's not even old enough to be on Facebook then!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: WN on January 06, 2016, 11:08:04 PM
Wasn't going to post this but since Im obviously getting reported I might as well, he's not even old enough to be on Facebook then!

Whose going to report you?

I just feel we are going off track here, what happened tonight was nothing to do with Rhys yet his name has got dragged into it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk