News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Social Travel

Started by PM, January 07, 2015, 02:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned running the 360?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 07, 2015, 08:25:36 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 07, 2015, 08:22:20 PM
Will be interesting if they go on the 11, wonder if they will run through Bearwood? :) :)

In my opinion the 11 is a no go. It's too long and requires lots of buses to compete

Brand new Euro 6 buses, wouldn't want to upset Sandwell Council would they!!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

j789

Quote from: tank90 on February 05, 2015, 05:47:56 PM
I'm going to say Diamond Redditch on the 57 and 58. If you have enough buses to hand and the right timetable and run to it you could make a packet.

Just saying as I live in the town and read the Advertiser this week...... Let me say this people aren't happy with Diamond on the 57/58.

Not quite, the only way to win custom there (like the previous competition with First and Diamond) is to have stupidly cheap fares - it was £1 for a day ticket! The profit margin on that is minimal if even possible. It would be ironic though for Diamond to have competition after spending so many years running on other operator's routes!

Kevin

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 07, 2015, 08:26:08 PM

Quote from: trident4370 on February 05, 2015, 06:48:17 PM
Just to be different I'll go for the 360 in Cov, as unilikely as it is.

Check...

I actually hope for the 8. But shall wait and see.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 07, 2015, 08:26:08 PM

@the trainbasher  They did!!

Quote from: trident4370 on February 05, 2015, 06:48:17 PM
Just to be different I'll go for the 360 in Cov, as unilikely as it is.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

@Kevin @Stuharris 6360 fair enough. I'll book my eye test now then

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Stuharris 6360

If it is the 11, any company that takes it on would have to "flood" the route with enough buses to make a difference and to make it worthwhile for passengers to hang around to catch your bus. Also on a route like the 11, a lot of commuters will have NE bus passes, so you would have to provide a service that would make someone switch to an NBus.

Even when Diamond several years ago tried to compete on the 9 with NE, they struggled because they couldn't (or didn't want to) provide the same service frequency.

Steveminor

Since the 360 is a subsidised route you can cut that from the list. 8)

Solo1

Has the X reg now been painted into social
Livery and is it in service or when will
It be in service

Matt.N0056

I didn't realise the 72 was running via the Radlelys; assumed it went via Garrets Green. Unless the driver didn't know the route!

Steveminor

New driver took wrong turn

Solo1

r social travel still based over the road from sunny travel or have they moved

Steveminor

Stuharris 6360

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 17, 2015, 06:54:45 PM
It's the 11C then!

Yes! a bus company that only runs one way. A registration with no other possible purpose that to milk another operator. If you can catch a bus one way but not home it is not going to encourage a single extra passenger onto the buses. Yes I know you can complete the circuit to get home, but if you are going half way round it is quicker to go across City.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk