News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Coniston Coaches

Started by Matt, January 04, 2015, 02:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Are starting their 15 service tomorrow. They state on their Facebook that they will be providing a low floor easy access bus for the service. Any ideas what this is? I can't find any information or photos anywhere.

Cedric

Quote from: Matt on January 04, 2015, 02:37:01 PM
Are starting their 15 service tomorrow. They state on their Facebook that they will be providing a low floor easy access bus for the service. Any ideas what this is? I can't find any information or photos anywhere.
Matt I did hear that they where hoping to buy some from whittles, but some one else on here  said they where not getting any from whittles  but they did not say where they where coming from . 
diamond 8\10/125/292

mikestone

I would imagine something from Mistral or Dawson so that they can chuck it in if running a bus service isn't what they expected. 

PM

They'd only need 1 bus so I would reckon most likely to be leased

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 04, 2015, 03:32:51 PM
they  already have some a bus service  and  school contracts  so  will that  change with  the dda change that came  in on the first as the coaches might not be suitable
diamond 8\10/125/292

Tony

Quote from: Ced on January 04, 2015, 03:48:31 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 04, 2015, 03:32:51 PM
they  already have some bus services  and  school services/contracts  so with the change in the dda that came in on the first  the coaches my not be suitable

No existing 'coaches' are affected by the new rules until 2020

He has just purchased a former Stagecoach bendi-coach, N561 SJF, but I suspect that may be a bit big!

Tony

Quote from: Matt on January 04, 2015, 07:11:33 PM
From their Facebook

Ex Padarn Bus of Llanberis, Gwynedd

Almost home, New to Astons at Worcester

PM

Timetable looks an improvement over the current 15 service! I still think it's a shame that the 16 couldn't be incorporated into it...

PM

Anyone seen how loadings/operation has been so far on the revised 15? Inconvenience to passengers as through journeys to Stourport are no longer available? Better reliability/timetable, improved frequency and reliability?

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 07, 2015, 02:12:35 PM
Anyone seen how loadings/operation has been so far on the revised 15?

Loadings seemed healthy when I saw it Monday and Tuesday. Mainly grey hair though.

Inconvenience to passengers as through journeys to Stourport are no longer available?
To/From where? The service runs Kidderminster - Stourport via Wilden.

Better reliability/timetable, improved frequency and reliability?

Hard to say in the first week, have not been on it myself yet. I have never experienced the 15 to be unreliable. Always very punctual the many times I used it when operated by Whittle. I observed it running some 20 minutes late through Stourport around midday on Tuesday, with two Coniston drivers including one ex Diamond route learning, although there had been a fatal RTC very near to the route so that may explain it.

Cedric

Anyone seen how loadings/operation has been so far on the revised 15? Inconvenience to passengers as through journeys to Stourport are no longer available? Better reliability/timetable, improved frequency and reliability?
You can still go from Kidderminster  to stourport 
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: Ced on January 08, 2015, 10:09:05 PM

I meant in terms of people having to change in Kidderminster as through journeys to Stourport from Halesowen are no longer available.

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 09, 2015, 08:29:07 PM

I meant in terms of people having to change in Kidderminster as through journeys to Stourport from Halesowen are no longer available.
enough diamond 3 to stourport  and the Coniston 15 is rerouted so it covers some of the parts of the area where the 192 used to run in stourport
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 09, 2015, 08:29:07 PM

Apart from a few concessionary pass holders I'm not sure there were many who travelled the whole route. It was always two sections the old 11 Stourport - Kidderminster and 192 Kidderminster to Halesowen.

Reece

New to Conistons Coaches 5281RU (V771GCS) Plaxton Beaver 2 recently aquired from County Coaches of Brentwood, Essex which as now closed. More info about the beaver 2's history can be found on the photos.  :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/111243429@N03/16124686490/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/111243429@N03/16126214407/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk