News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Mayfield on February 08, 2024, 07:19:28 AMDo the buses still travel from Rugby everyday or have the a depot in Birmingham now.
Nope, still running from Rugby:
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/scmn-36428#journeys/537924195
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Secondary trigger 28

Have stagecoach  been re given the 71 on Sundays

Stu

My locals:

Stu

It's almost reassuring to know that it's not just NX that have issues with buses not tracking!

Took an incredible leap of faith this afternoon, I had need to pop into Kings Heath for some shopping, so I thought I'd whizz over on the 169.

When I checked on BusTimes, there was only one bus tracking towards Solihull with seemingly nothing else coming the other way. I checked on Twitter/X and Stagecoach hadn't reported any cancelled journeys on this route.

I didn't have anything to lose really, if nothing turned up after a bit, I'd just walk up to Billesley Fire Station to get the 11C.

So a few minutes before the 169 was scheduled to arrive, I made the very short walk from my home through to Westridge Road, where I waited at the junction with Dene Hollow.

Lo and behold, actually smack on time, I saw the welcome sight of a bus coming up the road.

I can confirm it is 36428 which is the second bus operating the 169 today, though it's not tracking on BusTimes. Maybe that's why it was empty when I boarded!
My locals:

Mayfield

36483 noted today on back of Crouch recovery truck on the M6 around 18.00 presumably on the way to Rugby.

BBS

Rugby, Leamington and Nuneaton to get electrics, may see these Birmingham service get those too
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

MW

Quote from: BBS on March 27, 2024, 06:44:02 PMRugby, Leamington and Nuneaton to get electrics, may see these Birmingham service get those too

Birmingham tendered services are Euro 6 spec. Why would Stagecoach allocate more expensive Electric vehicles to Birmingham when there's no obligation. That's without beginning to consider mileage and range!

Sandy Lane

Quote from: BBS on March 27, 2024, 06:44:02 PMRugby, Leamington and Nuneaton to get electrics, may see these Birmingham service get those too
Have you got any more gen?
If the funding is from ZEBRA 2 I believe it may only be intended for bus routes in Warwickshire so may not cover Birmingham as well?

Rachvince53

Quote from: Sandy Lane on March 27, 2024, 09:24:18 PMHave you got any more gen?
If the funding is from ZEBRA 2 I believe it may only be intended for bus routes in Warwickshire so may not cover Birmingham as well?
Correct. According to Warwickshire County Council,  the new buses will be used on certain local services in the Warwick District Council area plus Stratford-upon-Avon services 77/78 on Sundays when fewer buses are needed elsewhere.

Stu

My locals:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk