News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

If you had the chance to modify or add any service, what would you do?

Started by Alex, November 15, 2014, 06:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterPlan

I'd curtail the 48 back to the QE again. I can't see any point of it going as far as Northfield. It's never that busy.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Sh4318

Quote from: MasterPlan on November 18, 2017, 12:47:15 PM
I'd curtail the 48 back to the QE again. I can't see any point of it going as far as Northfield. It's never that busy.

I was a little surprised when the new 48/48A timetable was posted, that the 48E journeys on Sunday are only to Harborne Swimming Baths and not to at least the QE
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

the trainbasher

Quote from: Sh4318 on November 18, 2017, 11:03:18 PM
I was a little surprised when the new 48/48A timetable was posted, that the 48E journeys on Sunday are only to Harborne Swimming Baths and not to at least the QE

Probably easier to turn around to use a bus less without battling through the QE traffic, at the same time keeping the service pattern.

It's like how the 289 used to turn at Rowley Regis Hospital on a Sunday but Old Hill the rest of the week.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

MasterPlan

The 48 goes to Harborne, Northfield and the QE, all of which are covered by the 29/X64.

I'd much rather have a local service that served the likes of Quinton, Kings Norton etc. Wouldn't have to be regular, even an hourly service it'd still prove more useful.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

mark114

I would like to see the old route 25 back in Dudley I believe it used to run to a circular route to Wolverhampton and it
was routed via the wrens nest,roseville, bilston,willenhall,Wednesfield, bushbury hill,and low hill,then into Wolverhampton from that end it would save a lot of time for people who like me lives in Dudley but works in willenhall it will also save changes to another route in Wolverhampton to get to willenhall

MW

I would simply move the X12 to BC in exchange for the 60. I've not understood why AG run the X12. The 72, fair enough, because there's no other garage close enough, but the X12 would surely be easier run by BC, and then the 60 by AG. Swan Island is only down the road for the relief point as oppose to Solihull.

Logistically it'd mean ZF MMCs at BC, which is apparently a no no.

Jack

Quote from: MW on November 29, 2017, 12:52:18 PM
I would simply move the X12 to BC in exchange for the 60. I've not understood why AG run the X12. The 72, fair enough, because there's no other garage close enough, but the X12 would surely be easier run by BC, and then the 60 by AG. Swan Island is only down the road for the relief point as oppose to Solihull.

Logistically it'd mean ZF MMCs at BC, which is apparently a no no.
What if the X12's relief point was at Solihull Station? It would make sense then changing drivers in the City.

MW

Quote from: Jack on November 29, 2017, 04:03:40 PM
What if the X12's relief point was at Solihull Station? It would make sense then changing drivers in the City.

I find it difficult to believe that the relief point is actually in the City Centre. Has Tony confirmed whether this is the case? I might have to inquire with some AG drivers about this. Why would it be in the City Centre? I know a few people on the forum have said it's in the City, but like I said, I find that difficult to believe.

Even if it was at Solihull Station, Swan is closer to AG than Solihull Station, so it still makes better sense from what I can see.

Jack

Quote from: MW on November 29, 2017, 04:35:45 PM
I find it difficult to believe that the relief point is actually in the City Centre. Has Tony confirmed whether this is the case? I might have to inquire with some AG drivers about this. Why would it be in the City Centre? I know a few people on the forum have said it's in the City, but like I said, I find that difficult to believe.

Even if it was at Solihull Station, Swan is closer to AG than Solihull Station, so it still makes better sense from what I can see.
I wonder if the drivers get the train from Spring Road? That the only fast option from AG to town. Unless they get the bus.

:D

I feel like the 28A (formerly 98) and the 36 routes are too close to each other and they could be merged with some modifications.

I am aware both bus routes aren't really popular but there are subsidies that could be taken advantage of assuming merging the routes together is cheaper than running two routes separately.

They could be run as a circular service.

The circular route would involve starting at Ward End and following the original 28A route up to Waverley Road where it turns into Golden Hillock Road. It'll travel to the 36 terminus point in Sparkhill using Golden Hillock Road.

On the way back to Ward End, it'll use the 36 original route for entirety of its route to Heartlands Hospital. It'll have to double back on itself back to Eastfield Road then to Ward End via Cotterills Lane.

Bosh

I'd have the X4 terminate at Falcon Lodge. Also have the Sutton routes (X3, X4, X5) limited stop and at peak times make the X5 continue to Tamworth and the X3 continue to Lichfield. This will help the Arriva 110 aswell as the trains I'll also have the 17 to Tile Cross miss out the low bridge at the terminus and then make it double decker to compensate for the amount of capacity. I would change the 72 to go back to City.

Bosh

Quote from: Jack on November 16, 2017, 08:04:28 PM
Also the 17! But I doubt BY will have any Deckers.
Due to BY planning permissions, they are not allowed to have DD

Quote from: Bosh on December 12, 2017, 07:53:36 PM
I would change the 72 to go back to City.
Why?
Who'd benefit from it? Nobody from Sheldon would use it when they can get the X1/X2?

The X12 and 110 sufficient for Sutton to Lichfield and Tamworth and the train goes to Lichfield as well.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

Quote from: Bosh on December 12, 2017, 07:53:36 PM
I'd have the X4 terminate at Falcon Lodge. Also have the Sutton routes (X3, X4, X5) limited stop and at peak times make the X5 continue to Tamworth and the X3 continue to Lichfield. This will help the Arriva 110 aswell as the trains I'll also have the 17 to Tile Cross miss out the low bridge at the terminus and then make it double decker to compensate for the amount of capacity. I would change the 72 to go back to City.
I think the X4 going to Minworth is fine. Minworth's only service to Birmingham now. It also actually stops in the entrance road for the ASDA Car park, which is better for the elderly instead of getting off the 71 and have to do a walk. X5 is fine. The X3 is fine. The 17 is fine. Why would NX change the 72 back to the City? Tbh it was unreliable and pointless between going down Drews Lane. I think the the current Bromford-City services are fine.

Jack

Make the 38 a school's/Peaks only service. Waste of time in the day, pretty much the 96 just doing a loop of Castle Vale. It only carries properly at Peaks/school times.

Or just withdraw it, I've been on it several times and the Deckers are wasted on there, it could cope with an E200.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk