News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Taking photographs when on Centro's property

Started by Tony, October 13, 2014, 08:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl724223

Go to west brom bus station for the smell of dope going through the stands and yes you guessed it centro idiots do fook all

JoNi

https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/pAf994

Why Centro don't like people like me taking photos.
Seemingly a branded bus on the wrong route.
Look in the background and it highlights how ineffective Centro signs are at stopping people walking across the bus lanes.

Dutsey

I have to say when I was at West Bromwich a few weeks back the Centro chappie was brilliant. I went in signed the letter and I had to where a high viz jacket.

The experience was very good.

wembley86

Does this mean you have to apply to take photos on any tram stop

Adam 404

I personally avoid Pool Meadow in Cov and stand by Sainsbury, I can get a pic of every bus except 11, 12, 27, 41, 74, X6.
You can't see any Trinity Street busesvif I were in Pool Meadow :-)

James4368

at pool meadow
the staff at office give you a special form to sign in which you give access to photograph buses/coaches around pool meadow bus station
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

domino.99

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on January 25, 2015, 04:06:07 PM
at pool meadow
the staff at office give you a special form to sign in which you give access to photograph buses/coaches around pool meadow bus station

Where is the office, looking to go to Coventry tomorrow.

James4368

Quote from: NXDom on April 08, 2015, 03:52:14 PM
Where is the office, looking to go to Coventry tomorrow.
go into pool meadow bus station
its right by information centre
actual office is on left you should see some toilet facilities next to it

sorry for the late response :)
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

I just found this bit of info:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/23/photography_law/

I guess this actually means Centro can do absolutely nothing about you taking photo's and making spotters wear Hi-Viz That is an absolute F****** Joke!! You are still a member of the public standing with members of the public in the same positions of members of the public...what absolute shite! I mean if you were standing in a bus lane or or not using the crossings (like you were a staff member, worker or contractor) than fair enough
What will they make you do next whistle the national friggin anthem while your taking photo's in your high viz?
I certainly would never wear a high viz... do I really want the whole of the bus stations attention drawn to me taking photo's of buses???NO I do not want to be 'highlighted'

Don't know what this country is coming to ..people getting stabbed on public transport free money free housing free drugs free booze tokens you can say what you like annoy who you like smoke where you like do as much drugs as you like but my word if you wanna take a few photo's in the bus station you better make sure you have a letter and a are wearing a high Viz

I've managed to keep my mouth shut for a while but this is ridiculous!
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

BU07 LGO

Quote from: 4006 on April 12, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
I just found this bit of info:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/23/photography_law/

I guess this actually means Centro can do absolutely nothing about you taking photo's and making spotters wear Hi-Viz That is an absolute F****** Joke!! You are still a member of the public standing with members of the public in the same positions of members of the public...what absolute shite! I mean if you were standing in a bus lane or or not using the crossings (like you were a staff member, worker or contractor) than fair enough
What will they make you do next whistle the national friggin anthem while your taking photo's in your high viz?
I certainly would never wear a high viz... do I really want the whole of the bus stations attention drawn to me taking photo's of buses???NO I do not want to be 'highlighted'

Don't know what this country is coming to ..people getting stabbed on public transport free money free housing free drugs free booze tokens you can say what you like annoy who you like smoke where you like do as much drugs as you like but my word if you wanna take a few photo's in the bus station you better make sure you have a letter and a are wearing a high Viz

I've managed to keep my mouth shut for a while but this is ridiculous!

too true, personally I would just take the pics on the sly

JoNi

If you wear a hi viz in Pool Meadow you won't have time to take any photos as people will continually come up to you asking "where does the bus to ..... go from" or "I can't see the coach to Stanstead Airport on the real time information screen"!

4130Quinton

Quote from: JoNi on April 12, 2015, 01:30:35 PM
If you wear a hi viz in Pool Meadow you won't have time to take any photos as people will continually come up to you asking "where does the bus to ..... go from" or "I can't see the coach to Stanstead Airport on the real time information screen"!

Actually that happened to me when last in Pool Meadow, wasn't wearing a hi viz but a blue shirt which people mistook for a bus uniform! I was doing up my fleet list print offs and jotting down the routes the Mercs were on that day to plan my trips for the afternoon. Very soon I was fielding questions about bus routes and even pointing people in the direction of the toilets!

I have taken hundreds of photos in West Brom usually from the fence at the top corner (end of St Michael Street) which is probably debatable as to whether its part of the bus station or public footpath but have never had any hassle, no problems at Merry Hill either, maybe just lucky. At Dudley I just stand at the perimeter and photograph usually with the inspector on duty who I can't praise enough for his friendliness and helpfulness to me.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: 4130Quinton on July 11, 2015, 03:41:56 PM
At Dudley I just stand at the perimeter and photograph usually with the inspector on duty who I can't praise enough for his friendliness and helpfulness to me.

Ah, glad you've reminded me!

Recently whilst 'photting at Dudley from a safe public (i.e. not Centro property) spot, I was approached by some jumped up jobsworth (the discriminatory clown on the left in pic #1 if anyone's interested) moaning about cranks jumping about in the roadways & demanding upon pain of death that I wouldn't be doing the same. Said individual then got my 'grovelling servitude' response which is my default way of dealing with such people (basically, who did he think he was addressing in such a manner, & that he kindly might consider being somewhere else).

Suffice to say, in the space of the next 30 minutes, I observed two people wandering across the busways WHILST BEING OBSERVED BY THE SAME CLOWN. For some reason, he didn't bother challenging them, possibly because they weren't photographing Buses from a place of safety??? Incidentally, the guy conversing with the other Centro bod in pic #3 had spent the last couple of minutes criss-crossing the Busways obviously lost. he had to approach them to get their attention.

Great username by the way  ;)

domino.99

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on July 11, 2015, 05:27:23 PM
Ah, glad you've reminded me!

Recently whilst 'photting at Dudley from a safe public (i.e. not Centro property) spot, I was approached by some jumped up jobsworth (the discriminatory clown on the left in pic #1 if anyone's interested) moaning about cranks jumping about in the roadways & demanding upon pain of death that I wouldn't be doing the same. Said individual then got my 'grovelling servitude' response which is my default way of dealing with such people (basically, who did he think he was addressing in such a manner, & that he kindly might consider being somewhere else).

Suffice to say, in the space of the next 30 minutes, I observed two people wandering across the busways WHILST BEING OBSERVED BY THE SAME CLOWN. For some reason, he didn't bother challenging them, possibly because they weren't photographing Buses from a place of safety??? Incidentally, the guy conversing with the other Centro bod in pic #3 had spent the last couple of minutes criss-crossing the Busways obviously lost. he had to approach them to get their attention.

Great username by the way  ;)

At the end of the day mate it's centro, they've become a joke now!

Trident 4194

I know the guy on the right but not the left

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk