News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Passengers - Bus Reviews & Opinions

Started by Liberator9, October 10, 2014, 10:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam 404

Quote from: Liberator9 on November 07, 2014, 07:16:36 PM
1930 - Finally got on this one - along with 1929, I have managed to ride all YW's original Scanias now.
Excellent bus, had it on the 27 today. Suspension very smooth and rides out the road imperfections excellently. Virtually no rattles. Engine and gearbox smooth running. Externally and internally in perfect condition - well done YW and Scania.  10/10

1929, 1910 - 9/10 for both of them. Good suspension, few rattles and smooth running. That's about all there is to say, but in this case that's a good thing.

4089 - 49 (YW) Good for its age - Whiny ZF gearbox, but smooth. Suspension fine and few rattles. Interior and Exterior in good condition.  8/10

4674 - 11C  Nice Gemini - engine and gearbox smooth riding. Suspension was excellent - as most of the AG Geminis are. Rattles are minimal, and being a 2012 refurb, is well presented. Paintwork is vivid red and NX Grey Dot scheme inside, which is smart. Be good to have all the Gems in this refurbed state. 9/10

The same can't be said for CV Gemini 4695! Terrible interior that is a mess and as for the exterior... 4695 is easy to notice with its big large fleet number at the front!

andyr

Would be interesting to see some additional comments on the cleanliness of buses in this thread and also about heating systems working or not as the case may be.

Stu

The Omnilinks at AG definitely have working heating; been quite toasty on the 37 all last week! Unless you're unlucky to get one that's just entered service having been parked outside the garage all night, as I did one Saturday early morning last year!   :o

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liberator9

Love warm buses in a morning - 1928 was excellent a few weeks ago, and 1896.

JoNi

You usually hear 4695 before you see it!

Ronnoc

4382 is a perfect ALX400 with a perfect chassis. No rattles at all, engine perfect, suspension excellent, clean and tidy, 1 year since refurb and the seats are in the grey moquette, the bodywork perfect. Nothing bad to say about this bus. 10/10

Ashley

E200's are probably the warmest buses I get in the mornings. Most Tridents and B7TL's are just iceboxes and it hasn't snowed yet lol

On the flipside E400's and E400H's are nice and cool in the summer , well upstairs they are

Ronnoc

Quote from: Ashley on November 16, 2014, 12:11:19 PM
E200's are probably the warmest buses I get in the mornings. Most Tridents and B7TL's are just iceboxes and it hasn't snowed yet lol

On the flipside E400's and E400H's are nice and cool in the summer , well upstairs they are
The heating on the Enviros are just plain rubbish. I actually feel something on the ALX400s, I actually feel something on the Plaxtons.

don

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 16, 2014, 12:32:43 PM

The heating on the Enviros are just plain rubbish. I actually feel something on the ALX400s, I actually feel something on the Plaxtons.

As an occasional bus passenger (but regular train traveller) the last thing I felt on an ALX400 was water pouring on my knees and dripping on my head - front seat passenger on a very rainy day. I might be doing it a disservice as there is a possibility it was a chop shop special as one of the batch of 3 or 4 was completely de-roofed and fixed about a year ago.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current ALF permit held.

Ronnoc

Quote from: don on November 16, 2014, 12:37:10 PM

As an occasional bus passenger (but regular train traveller) the last thing I felt on an ALX400 was water pouring on my knees and dripping on my head - front seat passenger on a very rainy day. I might be doing it a disservice as there is a possibility it was a chop shop special as one of the batch of 3 or 4 was completely de-roofed and fixed about a year ago.
Was that one 4234? That's one problem though, but I suspect that on most buses, most of these windows were probably replaced as I don't really see Alexander Dennis on the front windows of the ALX400s. National Express may need to do something about that area!

Stu

After popping into work for a few hours yesterday, I went a slightly different way home; took in an Enviro400 on the 3 down to Swanshurst Park, which was relatively warm upstairs, then changed onto a President on the 11A, which was quite cold inside. So my experience is sort of in contrast to yours.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

Which E200s are these then? I got on one of the first batch ones, 804, I think it was on the 24. Good grief, it was almost like Antarctica in those things.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Trident 4194

Quote from: clayderman on November 16, 2014, 02:51:07 PM

Which E200s are these then? I got on one of the first batch ones, 804, I think it was on the 24. Good grief, it was almost like Antarctica in those things.

The smaller the bus the warmer it should be

j789

In the winter, as long as the heater knob hasn't fallen off and is stuck on cold air (it has happened!) Optare Solos are the best buses to drive. They warm up really quickly and don't lose it when the doors are open. In summer however, they are like driving around all day in a large greenhouse with that massive windscreen.

don

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on November 16, 2014, 02:10:40 PM
Was that one 4234?

No it was an Arriva Southern Counties one. I've read other people on this forum have similar experiences with certain NXWM ALX400s. Bodywork leaks aren't restricted to road vehicles - take a look at the carriage roof/cab joints on class 319 units!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current ALF permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk