News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt.N0056

Redditch has the majority of the 75. Extra bus in peak and breaks covered by either Tamworth or Tividale

Solo1

How many of the central buses  now have diamond logos on

derningtona

Staffordshire County Council has just sent me a message saying that the 82 service is cancelled from 1 April.

Why do they call the outstation "Tamworth" when it is well within Lichfield's jurisdiction?
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

andy41

Quote from: derningtona on March 20, 2018, 10:48:26 AM
Staffordshire County Council has just sent me a message saying that the 82 service is cancelled from 1 April.

Why do they call the outstation "Tamworth" when it is well within Lichfield's jurisdiction?

There is a new emergency tender out at the moment for the 82 and the current one will probably be extended while they consider the bids. The notification is drawn directly from VOSA and the extension / re registration will be done on short notice.

The outstation may be in the Lichfield District Council area but is much closer to Tamworth.

Smethwickian

Quote from: andy41 on March 20, 2018, 11:11:35 AM
There is a new emergency tender out at the moment for the 82 and the current one will probably be extended while they consider the bids. The notification is drawn directly from VOSA and the extension / re registration will be done on short notice.

The outstation may be in the Lichfield District Council area but is much closer to Tamworth.

Hope the confusion over the 82 is cleared up soon as Staffordshire County Council's website simply says it is to be withdrawn, without mentioning any possible replacement for the villages otherwise left busless.

As for the outstation site, bear in mind Tamworth Borough is  indeed surrounded on most of three sides by Lichfield District but many of the villages in that area will have Tamworth postal addresses, which  can be confusing. Twycross Zoo is in Leicestershire but has an Atherstone (Warwickshire) postal address and CV (Coventry, West Midlands County) postcode.

DJ

Quote from: Smethwickian on March 20, 2018, 12:07:12 PM
Hope the confusion over the 82 is cleared up soon as Staffordshire County Council's website simply says it is to be withdrawn, without mentioning any possible replacement for the villages otherwise left busless.

As for the outstation site, bear in mind Tamworth Borough is  indeed surrounded on most of three sides by Lichfield District but many of the villages in that area will have Tamworth postal addresses, which  can be confusing. Twycross Zoo is in Leicestershire but has an Atherstone (Warwickshire) postal address and CV (Coventry, West Midlands County) postcode.

I've always thought Sandwell was a confusing area for postcodes, since we don't have our own one. For example, my area's DY4 yet it's in Sandwell, and West Bromwich has a Birmingham post code, and I'm pretty sure there's some areas like Wednesbury that have Walsall postcodes.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Jack

Quote from: DJ98 on March 20, 2018, 01:01:38 PM
I've always thought Sandwell was a confusing area for postcodes, since we don't have our own one. For example, my area's DY4 yet it's in Sandwell, and West Bromwich has a Birmingham post code, and I'm pretty sure there's some areas like Wednesbury that have Walsall postcodes.
West Brom is B71 and Wednesbury is WS10. So yeah, Wednesbury has a Walsall postcode and West Bromwich has a Birmingham postcode, pretty sure Smethwick has a Birmingham postcode as aswell.

Tony

Postcodes relate to Royal Mail sorting offices, nothing else

Westy

Where I work in Great Bridge :( is Dy4 !

Kevin

The former Central school routes to Aldridge 39/40 seem to have been reprogrammed back to 739/740 on the displays
Any reason for this?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

mikestone

Quote from: Tony on March 20, 2018, 02:13:42 PM
Postcodes relate to Royal Mail sorting offices, nothing else
I think it would be better to say delivery areas, as CW is  of course sorted at Warrington, and I seem to recall from Christmas temping that even before rationalisation some LL postcodes were dealt with by Chester.

Westy

Didnt get the number, but the ex Central vehicle operating the 35 / 35a in Walsall today, nice to see Diamond took the trouble to 'colour match' the replacement Diamond logo on the vehicle, unlike the ex Arriva vehicles, which just had a dark blue logo stuck on top of the aquamarine!

Solo1

There was 2 versas on 35

derningtona

Re route 82 being withdrawn, Solus will be running one return journey two days a week, free of charge and paid for by the parish councils of the villages left busless.
Only Guy Arabs (a choice of 63) stopped at my front door 1957-1964!

DJ

Two of the President deckers were on the Tividale 42/43 today, been a while since I've seen a decker on one of those routes, NX or Diamond.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk