News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Central Buses

Started by Lukeee, May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukeee

Anybody seen Centrals new deckers, any idea what services they will be used on or will they simply replace the 2 Olympians on school/contract/28E workings.

MW

Quote from: Lukeee on May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM
Anybody seen Centrals new deckers, any idea what services they will be used on or will they simply replace the 2 Olympians on school/contract/28E workings.

It'd make sense to just replace them. I imagine that these will be compliant with the Euro 2 situation.

Nathan4775

Quote from: Michael on May 24, 2012, 10:04:12 PM
Quote from: Lukeee on May 24, 2012, 09:50:42 PM

It'd make sense to just replace them. I imagine that these will be compliant with the Euro 2 situation.

Central Buses dont operate into B'ham no more its NXWM, Blue Diamond, Black Diamond, VIP, and the other operators in the middle
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Nathan4775

My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Lukeee

I have seen there contracts/school services enter the city quite often.

MW

Might Central Buses be starting a buying and selling business then?

Tony

Quote from: Michael on May 28, 2012, 08:28:37 PM
Might Central Buses be starting a buying and selling business then?

They have done a little dealing in the past, but I think the fuel consumption of the elderly tridents might have put them off operating them. They told me they are nice buses apart from a habit of drinking a lot of diesel

Jack Grove

We're lucky to get 5.5 out of our two.

MW

Quote from: Jack Grove on May 28, 2012, 09:02:05 PM
We're lucky to get 5.5 out of our two.

With buses, what's a decent MPG to get out of a low floor double decker. Any idea on what the newer Enviro400s are producing, as well as new vehicles such as the Eclipses compared to B10Ls?

richie

enviro 400 approx 6.5 dependent on garage and route
volvo b6 apross 8 dependent on garage and route
mercedes approx 4.5 dependent on garage and route

BU07 LGO

That is quite bad MPG! Especially when you consider how empty most daytime services are with just the odd OAP!

I would quite like Central to keep the Olympians but surely they get worse MPG than the Trident would?

Justin Tyme

Quote from: BU07 LGO on May 31, 2012, 06:26:14 PM
That is quite bad MPG! Especially when you consider how empty most daytime services are with just the odd OAP!

I would quite like Central to keep the Olympians but surely they get worse MPG than the Trident would?

I doubt it.  The Volvo Olympian is regarded as a good bus - probably the best non low floor DD from the 1990s.  I think it's a pity that they have been relatively rare in the West Midlands - Central Buses' Olympians are excellent.

Having seen the pics of the new enviros for Central that Tony has uploaded today, does anyone know where these will be used. Will they be used to withdraw older darts or are they looking to expand?

Thomas Davies

They will replace older Dennis Darts (V944 DNB, V946 DNB, V651 HEC and X713 CCA)

X713 CCA is expected to be the first low floor vehicle to be withdrawn from service.

The long wheel base Enviro 200 is registered as BU12 LJO.

Kind Regards

Thomas Davies

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk