News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Telford Garage

Started by Ashley, April 06, 2014, 12:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivadays

Any ideas when the StreetLite's will be arriving then?
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

September according to the meeting at cannock council.  Are they gonna refurb and respray 3701-4 before going on the 2/2a or just debrand them and leave them in the current disgusting state? 3704 particularly needs some mechanical work it sounds like it's gonna blow up

arrivadays

So about August/September time we should be expecting the Cadets to come here... Unless they change the plans, but I doubt they will. I'm hoping that, at some point, we get your B10s as well - should be good enough to see off the Scanias as their time is now fast approaching.
This is a personal appeal... For Pete's Sake just save the #!@?$&% Scania's - don't let them follow the Dennis Falcons!

Bob

Quote from: arrivaaston on April 26, 2014, 09:01:39 AM
Well 6 streetlites to Cannock could see this dismiss of 2701/2/2731/32/35/36 because the former route1 commanders are going to be employed on 2/2A

But on the other hand werent the new s##tlites suppose to be replacing the scuttiest darts?

arrivadays

You'll probably get something else from another depot. Solos perhaps?

I just know if Shrewsbury's getting some StreetLite's, then I can guarantee Telford will probably get some soon enough -_-

Bob

Jesus can u Imagine doing the entire 64/164 journey on a s##tlite???? Id think itd be pretty awful?  It was bad when cadets ran on it. In MRN days when standards were a bit better that and the X5 always had a coach!  Come to think of it the 481 did to up til about 1993/4

arrivadays

And then early 2000s you'd have Leyland Greenways and Volvo EL2000s on the Wackies and 481. And I think you mean Street###e ;)

Bob

Volvo el2000? Did u mean the h-xyt ones that all ended up at cannock?  They weren't so bad. Never saw them break down unlike the darts lol. Seriously 13y.o. unrefurbed falling to bits darts used regularly on interurban routes is a bit of a joke lol.

arrivadays

Yeah the H-XYT ones. And putting Darts on routes like the X5 is bad enough - simply aren't capable on the motorway.

Bob

I thought X5 was a versa operated route? I dont mind them tbf theyre quite quiet in comparison to darts and sb200s but capacity wise they can really struggle on some routes.ive been on the 891 at times and theyve been full. What the hell happened to the X5 it used to be really regular and popular now its a bit of a shadow of its former glory

iamwilljh92

2219 (T49 JJF) on the 297, Kidder > Bridgnorth  yesterday (26/04) and Friday (25/04).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Will on April 27, 2014, 08:12:43 PM
2219 (T49 JJF) on the 297, Kidder > Bridgnorth  yesterday (26/04) and Friday (25/04).

I've seen numerous mini Darts on the 297 over the past few days. Are they not the norm?

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Matt on April 27, 2014, 08:14:59 PM

I've seen numerous mini Darts on the 297 over the past few days. Are they not the norm?

No mate usually Cadets/Versa's on occasions

nitromatt1

Quote from: Will on April 27, 2014, 08:19:22 PM
Quote from: Matt on April 27, 2014, 08:14:59 PM

No mate usually Cadets/Versa's on occasions

2275 was also on there on Thursday 24th

arrivadays

Quote from: bob on April 27, 2014, 08:05:28 PM
I thought X5 was a versa operated route? I dont mind them tbf theyre quite quiet in comparison to darts and sb200s but capacity wise they can really struggle on some routes.ive been on the 891 at times and theyve been full. What the hell happened to the X5 it used to be really regular and popular now its a bit of a shadow of its former glory

The Dart was on there before it was even Versa operated. I love the Versas - the Mercedes-Benz engines are for much smoother than the Cummins engine. Went on 6007 (which is a Solo) and the engine is so smooth, much higher than my expectations. On some routes, I agree, they can struggle - unless they're the 12m-long 43-seater models. A lot of the time they're put on the 55 in Telford, but Shrewsbury often put them on 81 and X5. Speaking of X5, I keep seeing ex-Oswestry VDL Cadets operate the X5, and that was quite busy, tbf.

I think it also doesn't help now that Bryn Melyn is operating the X96 - that's going to offer some competition for Arriva.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk