News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First Bus - Wyvern

Started by nitromatt1, June 05, 2014, 08:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Can someone tell me why put a bus up mucklows hill to come back down again?

j789

So the bus isn't parked in the bus station blocking the stand.

the trainbasher

Centro bus station regs are the reason

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Trident 4194

I don't think much of there e300 at all. Quite powerful, but uncomfortable, can they use double deckers on the 147 as it was full on the way out ex halesowen

j789

Most of the route is ok for deckers but there is a section between Romsley and Catshill where trees would prove an issue so unless the trees were pruned it won't happen. Depending on what e300 you get depends on how good the ride is - there is a big variety. My favourite to drive is 67664 which is a lovely bus whereas 67662 is one to miss! For the age of the vehicles though (10 years) they are in decent condition.

Anthony263

67664 has been out and about in its heritage livery this afternoon on 144 to Birmingham.

winston

PD0000480/240 - FIRST MIDLAND RED BUSES LTD T/A FIRST MIDLAND RED, FIRST POTTERIES, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY
        Variation Accepted: Operating between WORNDON (Glovers Needle) and HENWICK PARK given service number 30/31/35 effective from 27-Nov-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0000480/254 - FIRST MIDLAND RED BUSES LTD T/A FIRST MIDLAND RED, FIRST POTTERIES, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY
        Variation Accepted: Operating between Worcester, County Hall and Worcester, Cathedral given service number County Hall Express effective from 29-Nov-2014. To amend Timetable.

DD12

Quote from: Winston on October 08, 2014, 03:08:30 PM
PD0000480/240 - FIRST MIDLAND RED BUSES LTD T/A FIRST MIDLAND RED, FIRST POTTERIES, DIVIDY ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5YY
        Variation Accepted: Operating between WORNDON (Glovers Needle) and HENWICK PARK given service number 30/31/35 effective from 27-Nov-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

Thanks Winston.
I haven't previously noticed any applications lumping the 30/31/35 together (for licensing or paperwork purposes perhaps?).
- Have I just missed this in the past, or is this something new?

I have seen "Worndon"  on past applications rather than Warndon !

j789

This may well be to do with a change in Sunday workings as most city routes interwork on Sundays. The 31 that now terminates at the Glovers Needle could now well interwork with the 35 which has a similar 'terminus' (in is in fact a circular route of sorts).

DD12

Quote from: j789 on October 08, 2014, 08:43:00 PM
This may well be to do with a change in Sunday workings as most city routes interwork on Sundays. The 31 that now terminates at the Glovers Needle could now well interwork with the 35 which has a similar 'terminus' (in is in fact a circular route of sorts).

Thanks for this insight j789 !
(I would not have guessed that scenario - not in a month of Sundays !) :)

Ashley

First impressions of First Wyvern. Caught the 1725 147 ex Halesowen. Friendly, knowledgable driver at the helm. Lovely route, 67656 a bland E300, clean and nippy. Instantly think little of Worcester itself. Got 67652 back to brum, better example already, more tuneful, quicker off the mark

D10

Anthony263

Quote from: Ashley on October 10, 2014, 07:21:32 PM
First impressions of First Wyvern. Caught the 1725 147 ex Halesowen. Friendly, knowledgable driver at the helm. Lovely route, 67656 a bland E300, clean and nippy. Instantly think little of Worcester itself. Got 67652 back to brum, better example already, more tuneful, quicker off the mark

That was me driving the 1725 from Halesowen.  1st time I had ever driven it having only very recently route learned it. 

Like the 44b to Ledbury  and 551 to Evesham the route passes through some interesting countryside

Ashley

Quote from: Anthony263 on October 11, 2014, 08:50:31 AM
Quote from: Ashley on October 10, 2014, 07:21:32 PM

That was me driving the 1725 from Halesowen.  1st time I had ever driven it having only very recently route learned it. 

Like the 44b to Ledbury  and 551 to Evesham the route passes through some interesting countryside

I was the nutter who went end to end lol, id be surprised that was your first run given the length and variety of the route

Anthony263

Yes  that was the1 st time I have ever driven it on my own.
I had learned it yesterday morning with the intention that I could then do it in the future if required however I did it sooner than I expected.

As I have said to other enthusiasts I am the only welsh driver with First at Worcester so I do stand out with my welsh accent.

Still glad you and the other passengers enjoyed the trip back to Worcester and if I had known you were and enthusiast I would have chatted to you for a bit after we got back to Worcester bus stn

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk