News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diamond East Midlands (formerly Midland Classic)

Started by bahumbug, May 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

The 10.26 from Sutton did not turn up today. lots of people waiting for either the X12 or 92 expecting them to come, as they are both timetabled in Sutton.

Maybe both the X12 and 92 have not started yet, as the 92 is not starting yet as said on the C.B. thread.

They all had to get onto the 10.30 112, which was 15 minutes late itself and turned up at 10.45.

Smethwickian

In response to my earlier query, Midland Classic finally emailed me today to state that the revised and extended X12 service 'wasn't starting yet' but gave no indication of when it would.

That would explain the passengers waiting for a bus that hasn't turned up!

If it's been registered, surely they have to operate it or land in hot water with the Traffic Commissioner?

Centro/Network West Midlands must clearly think both services - X12 and 92 - have been correctly registered otherwise why it have put the new info on all the relevant bus stops with today's starting date?

This is becoming a bit of a farce, surely?

vinh1000

Called up to confirm above and they tried to contact the relevant authority lol :L

as said, clearly centro seem to have gone a bit .. :/
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

mikestone

The X12 registration is in todays N&P from 4th June.

nx4737

81 Now in fleet colours...

Midland Classic 81 by NX4737, on Flickr

Quote from: bahumbug on May 14, 2012, 08:09:51 PM
Just going off your fleet list for Midland Classic - you have a section of: 'withdrawn vehicles are also believed to be owned'

Under which you list WDA 4T - Just to confirm they do or did own this vehicle - but it is now at Whytall Transport Museum - I took this photograph of it there - not the best - but it was stuck between two others :)

Just thought you might be interested :)

Been at wythall for ages now usually parked just before the main garage. Never seen it running though wonder what the plans are for this??
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Ashley 4569

Does the dennis falcon come into normal service much?

Smethwickian

Confirmed timetable for extended X12 (Sutton Coldfield - Burton), definitely starting May 28, finally available on the company's website.

vinh1000

Quote from: Smethwickian on May 16, 2013, 01:14:35 PM
Confirmed timetable for extended X12 (Sutton Coldfield - Burton), definitely starting May 28, finally available on the company's website.
YAY
As a special introductory offer all services between Lichfield and Sutton Coldfield will be completely FREE between Tuesday 28th May and Monday 3rd June inclusive so come along and try us out
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Stu

Interesting, Central Buses also announced on their Facebook page that their new 92 service will be free, for an introductory period.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Steveminor

I guess Arriva are going to have a quiet week on their 112 then.

Dylan4579

Quote from: Steveminor on May 17, 2013, 08:02:06 AM
I guess Arriva are going to have a quiet week on their 112 then.
8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kevin

Something for the bank holiday weekend sorted then
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Smethwickian

Quote from: Stu on May 16, 2013, 07:13:02 PM
Interesting, Central Buses also announced on their Facebook page that their new 92 service will be free, for an introductory period.

I'm guessing its because neither firm got dispensation from the traffic commissioner to start any earlier (like way back when Arriva reduced its 112 in the first place from 29 April) because the 56-day registration period wasn't waived. If Central and Midland Classic are both straining at the leash to be first on the road and to grab passengers' attention, they can operate for free before the registration kicks in. At the bus stop in Sutton town centre wherte the timetable was put up prematurely by Centro, the stickers hastily applied afterwards give the 'official' start dates as per the VOSA registratons, so passengers will once again be confused if they see  buses they aren't expecting, running -  but free.

Solo1

Do Midland Classic still have their routremaster
as Central Buses are using theirs this week on the new
92 service wonder if there will b 2 routremasters
on the route

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk