News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

late running diamonds

Started by the trainbasher, May 02, 2014, 06:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 13, 2018, 09:38:26 AM
still got a long time for it to be back to normal too.

That is why NX controllers will send buses out of service to fill gaps like that, but you were critisising them for doing that last week.

A few months ago before the tracker appeared you always thought Diamond buses 4H were on time, now perhaps you can see they regularly have the same problems NX do, but if their controller sees a 4H running 20 minutes late around Hasbury without another one near he is going to let it run late to minimise the gap in service, and to the ordinary observer it looks to be on time

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on February 13, 2018, 09:45:25 AM
That is why NX controllers will send buses out of service to fill gaps like that, but you were critisising them for doing that last week.

A few months ago before the tracker appeared you always thought Diamond buses 4H were on time, now perhaps you can see they regularly have the same problems NX do, but if their controller sees a 4H running 20 minutes late around Hasbury without another one near he is going to let it run late to minimise the gap in service, and to the ordinary observer it looks to be on time

But the 9 has very different loading to the 4H. A 4H could not turn up for 25-30 mins and the bus would probably still have seats left. On the 9 a 15-20 minute gap causes overcrowding and for an uncomfortable journey. I wasn't moaning about NIS buses I was moaning about from a selfish point of view that a bus carrying 0 passengers and a bus carrying about 40 is not what I call comfort

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 13, 2018, 10:20:58 AM
But the 9 has very different loading to the 4H. A 4H could not turn up for 25-30 mins and the bus would probably still have seats left. On the 9 a 15-20 minute gap causes overcrowding and for an uncomfortable journey. I wasn't moaning about NIS buses I was moaning about from a selfish point of view that a bus carrying 0 passengers and a bus carrying about 40 is not what I call comfort

So, you have just said you prefer other people to not have a bus because one with 37 empty is uncomfortable

winston

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 13, 2018, 10:20:58 AM

But you get the the overcrowding regardless of whether the bus is late or not I.e. certain journeys when the school / college kids pile on & in the peaks all due to demand. The quicker buses get turned NIS to re-pick up service to plug the gaps the quicker the service returns to a regular headway & capacity can be spread more equally.

Traffic & gridlock as a result of an accident / incident / roadworks / bad weather or kids being at school varies journey times widely. A journey I do to a clients K'ford to Smethwick 12.5 miles takes anywhere from 35 mins to 2 hours, that involves going along, over or under the M5. You can't plan for that!

One of the 50's heading towards the Maypole is very late according to the tracker.
"50
58 mins late
Towards: Howard Rd, King's Heath
Departed: 15:46
Last updated: 17:08
Vehicle ref:30850"

And one in the City Centre is 66 minutes late.
"50 
66 mins late
Departed: 15:58
Last updated: 17:43
Vehicle ref:30160"
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Just seen that the tracker no longer tells whether the bus is ontime, or late and early and how long by.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on February 16, 2018, 05:06:12 PM
Just seen that the tracker no longer tells whether the bus is ontime, or late and early and how long by.

Probably because of the armchair complainers sitting in their houses moaning about buses being late when they had no intention of going out an catching a bus.

Same on here with people moaning/pointing out poor allocations from their computer screen. If it starts costing the company any money expect fleet numbers may disappear

MW

Quote from: Tony on February 16, 2018, 07:14:14 PM
Probably because of the armchair complainers sitting in their houses moaning about buses being late when they had no intention of going out an catching a bus.

Same on here with people moaning/pointing out poor allocations from their computer screen. If it starts costing the company any money expect fleet numbers may disappear

Some of the allocations on the tracker are wrong anyway, like when someone pointed out a Redditch Solo was on a Tividale route the other day. The wrong fleet number being selected when signing into the ticket machine causes this.

Trident 4194

Quote from: MW on February 16, 2018, 07:27:21 PM
Some of the allocations on the tracker are wrong anyway, like when someone pointed out a Redditch Solo was on a Tividale route the other day. The wrong fleet number being selected when signing into the ticket machine causes this.

Yeah exactly 30929 was showing on the tracker yet 30407 turned up

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 16, 2018, 07:51:16 PM
Yeah exactly 30929 was showing on the tracker yet 30407 turned up
The tracker was showing 20001 on three different routes today!
20023 is showing as been used in service but the bus itself is withdrawn and dumped at Tividale.

Kevin

Hasn't been a city bound Diamond 16 in Hamstead Village for about half an hour, only specifically waiting for one instead of the many NX buses gone by because I've still got ages to get to work, but getting silly that NX can be relatively close to schedule and Diamond nowhere near

Meanwhile it seems the entire PVR has gone the other way either as 16 or 16W
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4194

142 now constantly late in a morning sometimes by 25 minutes. Strange how central could keep it on time

BK63 YWP

Earlier the 226 went to pot when two vehicles broke down Dudley
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Trident 4194

Birch tree island?? must have messed up both diamond and nx 4H again tonight

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 08, 2018, 05:42:38 PM
Birch tree island?? must have messed up both diamond and nx 4H again tonight
It's Birchley Island, not Birch Tree Island. Makes a change to hear the Diamond 4H is running late.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk