News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Hansons Buses Official - Questions & Answers

Started by Hansons Buses Official, April 12, 2014, 03:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hansons Buses Official

Hello all.
Having observed this site for a while we have finally decided to have an official input on this forum.
It will be monitored by us and if you have questions etc we will try to answer them for you within normal commercial/confidential restrictions.So over to you.....Hansons Buses Official.

iamwilljh92

Is there any truth to the rumours I have heard on here about a potential Diamond takeover of the company?

Hansons Buses Official

Quote from: Will on April 12, 2014, 03:35:37 PM
Is there any truth to the rumours I have heard on here about a potential Diamond takeover of the company?
None.

winston

Hi Hansons Buses Official,

Separate topic created and set as sticky  ;)

A few questions from me:

1. What was the reasoning behind selling the 2 x 58 plate short E200's and replacing them with older 52 plate ex Dawson Rental Darts?

2. With the size of the current fleet, is the Lye depot pretty much at capacity?

3. Are there any plans in the immediate future to buy any new buses whilst Euro 5 is still available?

4. Would Hansons ever consider extending the 004 from Harborne up to the QE Hospital & terminate it there to offer new links?

Hansons Buses Official

Quote from: Winston on April 12, 2014, 05:51:31 PM

A few questions from me:

1. What was the reasoning behind selling the 2 x 58 plate short E200's and replacing them with older 52 plate ex Dawson Rental Darts?

2. With the size of the current fleet, is the Lye depot pretty much at capacity?

3. Are there any plans in the immediate future to buy any new buses whilst Euro 5 is still available?

4. Would Hansons ever consider extending the 004 from Harborne up to the QE Hospital & terminate it there to offer new links?
Hi Winston.
1. End of lease/Nice buses at the right price.
2. Its not full yet.
3. Not on the radar for new buses but another addition shortly.
4. Not at present.Concerned about making the route unreliable.

Solo1

When is this bus due & what service will
it be found on

winston

Quote from: Hansons Buses Official on April 12, 2014, 08:28:26 PM

A few questions from me:

Hi Winston.
2. Its not full yet.

Hi Hansons,

1. Is the plan to repaint all the 52 plate Darts that are currently in allover white in to fleet colours eventually?
2. Roughly how many extra buses could the existing depot accommodate?
5. Do Hansons have any aspirations to get bigger? Or are they happy with their current size?

Hansons Buses Official

Quote from: Winston on April 13, 2014, 11:16:53 AM
Quote from: Hansons Buses Official on April 12, 2014, 08:28:26 PM

A few questions from me:

Hi Winston.
2. Its not full yet.

Hi Hansons,

1. Is the plan to repaint all the 52 plate Darts that are currently in allover white in to fleet colours eventually?
2. Roughly how many extra buses could the existing depot accommodate?
5. Do Hansons have any aspirations to get bigger? Or are they happy with their current size?
Hi Winston.
1 Thats the plan!
2 Depending on bus size only a couple i think.But there are a couple of "donor buses" in the way.
5 Open minded. Always open to improving the bottom line and we have a history of setting up our own routes when an opportunity exists.
J

Hansons Buses Official

Quote from: Solo1 on April 12, 2014, 08:57:31 PM
When is this bus due & what service will
it be found on
Hi solo 1
Looking to have in place for June changes.Not sure yet what service.
J

iamwilljh92

What is the reasoning behind the exact fare policy that you have in place in your vehicles I'm aware that Diamond don't use it anywhere and neither do they intend to.

However I have noted Arriva do use exact fare on some services in the West Midlands area as I have noticed exact fare machines installed on some of there vehicles operating in Wolverhampton.

I just wonder thats all I can understand NXWM and Arriva having the policy in place as both are owned by nationwide company's but I don't quite understand the logic of Hansons having the policy in place when they are not owned by a nationwide company.

Solo1

as a guess quicker boarding times  & safety as the money will be in the fare box rather than drivers bag unless they have anther reason

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on April 13, 2014, 06:57:53 PM
as a guess quicker boarding times  & safety as the money will be in the fare box rather than drivers bag unless they have anther reason

The idea of this topic is for the representitive of Hansons to answer questions - not for others to guess the answers

Hansons Buses Official

Quote from: Will on April 13, 2014, 05:25:30 PM
What is the reasoning behind the exact fare policy that you have in place in your vehicles I'm aware that Diamond don't use it anywhere and neither do they intend to.

However I have noted Arriva do use exact fare on some services in the West Midlands area as I have noticed exact fare machines installed on some of there vehicles operating in Wolverhampton.

I just wonder thats all I can understand NXWM and Arriva having the policy in place as both are owned by nationwide company's but I don't quite understand the logic of Hansons having the policy in place when they are not owned by a nationwide company.
Hi Will.
The exact fare policy has been in place on all NXWM services since WMPTE days(nothing to do with being a national company)Arriva use exact fare around Wolverhampton but not nationally.
Its been in place on our buses for many years(people are used to it so it does`nt cause any issues).It is safer for the driver as he does`nt need to carry his takings about when not on duty.It is undoubtedly quicker for boarding passengers and contributes to it being so much easier for the driver to stay to timetable.Hope that helps.
J

Hansons Buses Official

Quote from: Solo1 on April 13, 2014, 06:57:53 PM
See answer to Will Solo1.
J

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Hansons Buses Official on April 13, 2014, 10:07:22 PM
Quote from: Will on April 13, 2014, 05:25:30 PM

Hi Will.
The exact fare policy has been in place on all NXWM services since WMPTE days(nothing to do with being a national company)Arriva use exact fare around Wolverhampton but not nationally.
Its been in place on our buses for many years(people are used to it so it does`nt cause any issues).It is safer for the driver as he does`nt need to carry his takings about when not on duty.It is undoubtedly quicker for boarding passengers and contributes to it being so much easier for the driver to stay to timetable.Hope that helps.
J

Ohh I see it's just I've always wondered thats all  thank you for answering :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk