News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Favourite photograph from main site

Started by Liverpool Street, December 08, 2013, 08:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy41

Really enjoying some of these additions from the 4738 group @Tony, particular favourites so far are 6683 on the works service in AG, some fascinating social history on display there. And also 6674 with the Cigarette advertising on the side this being as recently as the 90's, and the immaculately turned out school kids boarding. More social history I think. I've never been much of a photographer myself but I think the key to an interesting photograph must be to keep the bus central to the pic yet try to encompass some moments and activity around it, especially where passengers are boarding and alighting, always the best ones I think. Thanks for posting these on your site,

YN64AOG

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

BusFan94

My favourite one is 4247 and the third photo of it at PB garage and the dot matric says Not Sorry.
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

GeminiFan1991

Going through your photos of the Presidents, I can't wait till you add Donal.... I mean these Plaxtons have seemingly stood the test of time !

I found 4086's page to particularly noteworthy because you have a photo of it with the round headlights but in the old TWM livery which I found quite rare as by in large, all of the photos I've seen with Plaxtons with round lights, they're in NX livery.
The first photo also shows 4086 with different headlights which are almost akin to the E400 but slightly smaller. Never seen that before.

Great Photos all round. Can't wait to see additional photos being added.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Cheese

Really like the Newport Transport photos from the Bob Cutt collection, always liked their quirky fleet of Scanias, in particular the Marshall bodied deckers, caught up with these when Black Prince ended up with most of them after Newport.

Marshall double deck bodies were really unusual, can't think of many others except the Olympians at Yellow Bus and the Atlanteans at SYT, which I can remember as a child riding on many a time in Sheffield, were regulars on one of my routes into town.

Tony

Quote from: Cheese on February 14, 2017, 08:42:22 PM
Really like the Newport Transport photos from the Bob Cutt collection, always liked their quirky fleet of Scanias, in particular the Marshall bodied deckers, caught up with these when Black Prince ended up with most of them after Newport.

Marshall double deck bodies were really unusual, can't think of many others except the Olympians at Yellow Bus and the Atlanteans at SYT, which I can remember as a child riding on many a time in Sheffield, were regulars on one of my routes into town.

Leicester had some Marshall bodied Dennis Dominators as well

windy miller

anyone have a photo of meridian 222103?...............
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

YN64AOG

Quote from: windy miller on March 22, 2017, 03:45:57 AM
anyone have a photo of meridian 222103?...............

Sorry I don't, but I hardly get any trains.  Ever.

I have 350102 and some Sheffield trams if you want them though.

Just re-done my website.  Check it out to see all my photos.  Updated almost every day!

Kevin

Quote from: YN63 BYJ on March 22, 2017, 12:50:14 PM
Sorry I don't, but I hardly get any trains.  Ever.

I have 350102 and some Sheffield trams if you want them though.

What the hell sort of useless comment is that? Not the same type of train nor is it even the same operator
I might as well throw in that I've got a picture of my cat if anyone wants that?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

windy miller

Nice one Kevin :) if you had a photo it wouldn't get posted here!... if it ain't PG it ain't PC simples... :)
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

the trainbasher

Quote from: windy miller on March 22, 2017, 06:54:09 PM
Nice one Kevin :) if you had a photo it wouldn't get posted here!... if it ain't PG it ain't PC simples... :)

Unless you've got iCloud where it will then leak like wildfire...

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

YN64AOG

Quote from: Kevin on March 22, 2017, 01:19:53 PM
What the hell sort of useless comment is that? Not the same type of train nor is it even the same operator
I might as well throw in that I've got a picture of my cat if anyone wants that?

Just saying I don't have a pic.  I'll take the cat. :P

BusFan94

3225 recently uploaded as I like how you caught two Routemasters side by side and an oldish wedding car as well as the guy in The Baggies Shirt
Busfan94🚏
Local routes NXWM (WA) 34, 37, 39
NXWM (WN) 79
Thandi 334,37
Diamond 310,65
Further away
NXWM (WA) 11,13
Thandi 311/313
NXWM (WB) 40

Quote from: BusFan94 on August 04, 2017, 10:12:49 PM
3225 recently uploaded as I like how you caught two Routemasters side by side and an oldish wedding car as well as the guy in The Baggies Shirt
3225 is not a routemaster @BusFan94!
3225 is a Daimler CVG6. Central bus JJD 4110, which is parked next to it is a routemaster.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack

My favourite photo has got to be the photo at the top of 4285's page. Not long after its recent repaint, on my route and it's my stalker. This is the best at PB. Looks the newest out of the lot of them in its interior.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk