News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C Driver

I agree LS, I was working on Pershore Rd Friday, was 45 mins late and due a relief, I pressed late button..... I actually pressed it again as I thought it wasnt working. I know a lot of buses were running late, but it takes a couple of minutes to adjust a bus.
And as you said they will be quick to call you up if you're a few mins early, despite the fact that sometimes the running board gives far too much time than actually needed, or the bus in front is late etc.
4444 -The Star Wars Bus

- May the 4s be with you!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Bham Central Driver on December 01, 2013, 02:05:40 PM
I agree LS, I was working on Pershore Rd Friday, was 45 mins late and due a relief, I pressed late button..... I actually pressed it again as I thought it wasnt working. I know a lot of buses were running late, but it takes a couple of minutes to adjust a bus.
And as you said they will be quick to call you up if you're a few mins early, despite the fact that sometimes the running board gives far too much time than actually needed, or the bus in front is late etc.

Exactly, BC Driver. What makes me laugh is some of the workers in AVL used to be drivers themselves so they know the crack, yet when they're up there, they become white shirts!!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

monkeyjoe

2 28's running together towards from Hunter's Moon towards Small Heath on a Sunday. Oh dear.

Stu

Hagley Road services were all over the place today, with the temporary traffic lights at Norfolk Crossing.

The 120 I eventually caught was 20 minutes late arriving at Sheepcote St from city, and by the time I got to Warley Road it was over half an hour late.

Amusingly I was demonstrating the NWM app to my sister after dinner, as one 120 passed their house, the app showed the next one was due in 8 minutes, then the next one wasn't for 54 minutes! As I commented, "not bad for a half-hourly service".  ;D

On a side note, as the bus was heading up Thimblemill Road towards the Queens Head, the radio was making some 'funny' beeping noises I haven't heard before, is this the driver signalling he's late?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Stu on December 01, 2013, 08:02:38 PM
Hagley Road services were all over the place today, with the temporary traffic lights at Norfolk Crossing.

The 120 I eventually caught was 20 minutes late arriving at Sheepcote St from city, and by the time I got to Warley Road it was over half an hour late.

Amusingly I was demonstrating the NWM app to my sister after dinner, as one 120 passed their house, the app showed the next one was due in 8 minutes, then the next one wasn't for 54 minutes! As I commented, "not bad for a half-hourly service".  ;D

On a side note, as the bus was heading up Thimblemill Road towards the Queens Head, the radio was making some 'funny' beeping noises I haven't heard before, is this the driver signalling he's late?

Well, if he was pressing the button.

Beep 1, beep 2, then beep 3 for Late Running.

Then a quick concession of 3 beeps followed by Queued on the display

Then probably 2quick beeps for it being answered or a flat line tone for No Serv
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

the trainbasher

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 01, 2013, 08:05:11 PM
Quote from: Stu on December 01, 2013, 08:02:38 PM

Well, if he was pressing the button.

Beep 1, beep 2, then beep 3 for Late Running.

Then a quick concession of 3 beeps followed by Queued on the display

Then probably 2quick beeps for it being answered or a flat line tone for No Serv

Which I presume is most of the time having no response. Good job I never followed in my dad's footsteps by applying to NX!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Lukeee

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 01, 2013, 04:53:01 PM
2 28's running together towards from Hunter's Moon towards Small Heath on a Sunday. Oh dear.

Happens far to often on a sunday, also spotted two 907's within 3 minutes on the sunday frequency

nitromatt1

The NWM app has just given me the following information for the 9 for my bus stop...

9 Stourbridge 21 mins
9 Stourbridge 23 mins
9 Stourbridge 23 mins
9 Stourbridge 27 mins
9 Stourbridge 34 mins
9 Stourbridge 54 mins

Something has gone very wrong with the 9 tonight

-------------------------

EDIT: It now says:

9 Stourbridge 8 mins
9 Stourbridge 8 mins
9 Stourbridge 8 mins
9 Stourbridge 8 mins

I have never seen that before!

Stu

I think the realtime information system is somewhat screwed at present.

While waiting for an 11A earlier, the display at the stop was counting down both the 31 and 11A, with the 11A consistently being 1 minute after the 31. The display was showing the 31 as due in '1 min' as it approached the stop, when it changed to 'Due'. As the 31 pulled away, the 11A changed to due, and eventually appeared about five minutes later, while still showing 'Due'!

Later after that, I was walking from Stechford Retail Park to catch the 11C back home, an 11 was just passing me as I checked on the NXWM app, it showed Due with the next one in 3 minutes. So I didn't panic and lit up a ciggy as it was only a 1 minute walk to the stop. As I got to the stop, another 11 went past, then when I checked the app again, another one wasn't due for 16 minutes! I finished my ciggy, and then about ten minutes later, the 11C turned up!

(I do suspect however that this 11C might have started from Ward End, as there was only one person on board when it arrived!)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stuharris 6360

Travelling in Pensnett at 16:30 and there were 3 222s virtually following each other to Merry Hill!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

vinh1000

Quote from: Stu on December 19, 2013, 07:46:35 PM
I think the realtime information system is somewhat screwed at present.

While waiting for an 11A earlier, the display at the stop was counting down both the 31 and 11A, with the 11A consistently being 1 minute after the 31. The display was showing the 31 as due in '1 min' as it approached the stop, when it changed to 'Due'. As the 31 pulled away, the 11A changed to due, and eventually appeared about five minutes later, while still showing 'Due'!

Later after that, I was walking from Stechford Retail Park to catch the 11C back home, an 11 was just passing me as I checked on the NXWM app, it showed Due with the next one in 3 minutes. So I didn't panic and lit up a ciggy as it was only a 1 minute walk to the stop. As I got to the stop, another 11 went past, then when I checked the app again, another one wasn't due for 16 minutes! I finished my ciggy, and then about ten minutes later, the 11C turned up!

(I do suspect however that this 11C might have started from Ward End, as there was only one person on board when it arrived!)

I notice it is a bit messed up also and the timetabled times are shown on the app 1 minute behind the actual one on timetable
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

nitromatt1

The app was not lying, I went out and caught one of the 4 Enviros in convoy. A lovely quiet trip to Stourbridge.

Liverpool Street

Over 30minute service gap on Pershore Road.

Bristol Road losing about 5 - 15 mins due to Northfield outbound is solid with the lights out of synchronization.
until it cought fire

Sh4318

At one of my local stops, I've got an 87 in a minute, another one in 8 minutes and another one in 5 minutes. Not bad for an every 10 minute service ;D
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

nitromatt1

4 9s towards Birmingham running in convoy, then a 25 min gap in service, then another convoy is developing...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk