News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

NBFL (Borismasters)

Started by Tony, November 01, 2013, 09:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 02, 2013, 07:21:15 PM
production is at a pace now, so far routes 24, 11 & 9 have been fully converted with the 390 to follow in a couple of weeks followed by 148 in February.

Do Routemasters no longer operate on the 9 every 15-20 minutes then?

Tony

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 02, 2013, 09:56:55 PM
production is at a pace now, so far routes 24, 11 & 9 have been fully converted with the 390 to follow in a couple of weeks followed by 148 in February.

Yes see http://wmbusphotos.com/NONWM/NBFL/LT88.html

Kiewii

The Routemasters operate on the Heritage 9 (Kensington - Trafalgar Square), not the main service 9

John

Do you mean the old Routemasters Matt? That is on the heritage route, not the full length of the 9 (Trafalgar Square - High Street Kensington. The 9 RMs used to be operated by First when they were still in London, I don't know if Tower Transit still operate the RM journeys, or another operator now runs them. The normal 9 route is operated by London United as seen in Tony's pic

Tony

Quote from: John on November 02, 2013, 10:09:28 PM

Do you mean the old Routemasters Matt? That is on the heritage route, not the full length of the 9 (Trafalgar Square - High Street Kensington. The 9 RMs used to be operated by First when they were still in London, I don't know if Tower Transit still operate the RM journeys, or another operator now runs them. The normal 9 route is operated by London United as seen in Tony's pic

Yes, the Routemasters are operated by Tower Transit

nitromatt1

Thanks everyone for that. I was not aware the old Routemasters only operated part of the 9 route. Do they also still operate on the 15? Is it also on only part of the route?

John

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 02, 2013, 10:14:35 PM
Thanks everyone for that. I was not aware the old Routemasters only operated part of the 9 route. Do they also still operate on the 15? Is it also on only part of the route?

Yes they are still on the 15 as well, only from Tower Hill to Trafalgar Square (not sure where the full 15 goes to/from), but this time both the heritage 9 and the normal bus service are ran by Stagecoach London

andyr

Tfl contracts specify if new or refurbished buses are reqired for the specific route and strict rules apply to the buses operated. The NBFL will be very very old before they would be cascaded because of there very expensive cost to buy. No operator i can think of would ever buy one of these buses at the price they cost.

Tony

Quote from: andyr on November 02, 2013, 10:23:35 PM
Tfl contracts specify if new or refurbished buses are reqired for the specific route and strict rules apply to the buses operated. The NBFL will be very very old before they would be cascaded because of there very expensive cost to buy. No operator i can think of would ever buy one of these buses at the price they cost.

They are all going to do two 7 year contracts (according to TfL's current thinking) so what should happen is The London United batch currently on the 9 will be operated by LU for 7 years and then the same vehicles will pass to whoever wins the 9 for the next 7 years, whether that is London United or another operator.

I Like the fact TfL have allocated the registration numbers and fleetnumbers, makes spotting and photgraphing fare easier!

andyr

The registrations are a nice touch..I have been in London the last couple of days and these buses do look the part. They also have a very good rate of excelleration, well compared to my VanHool T917 they do.. A bus like that could only ever of been developed for the London market though, at the cost no one else would ever be able to justify the purchase price.

PM

Love going on the borismasters! Went down at the end of august and went on them on the 24 along with RMs and e400s, alx400s lots of presidents and also scania olympus-metroline ones which were vile!! and my favourite was the 04 reg b7tls/myllenniums that london united had on the 9. Really nice buses those but now replaced by borismasters. Wonder if they will ever actually be given a proper name or will just keep "borismaster"??!! Luckily having had a network pass, being sent free tickets by london midland after the driver shortages x5-thats 5 days out bus spotting in london for free!

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 02, 2013, 11:49:21 PM
Love going on the borismasters! Went down at the end of august and went on them on the 24 along with RMs and e400s, alx400s lots of presidents and also scania olympus-metroline ones which were vile!! and my favourite was the 04 reg b7tls/myllenniums that london united had on the 9. Really nice buses those but now replaced by borismasters. Wonder if they will ever actually be given a proper name or will just keep "borismaster"??!! Luckily having had a network pass, being sent free tickets by london midland after the driver shortages x5-thats 5 days out bus spotting in london for free!

The NBFL is their official name, isn't it?

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 02, 2013, 11:51:45 PM

4 letters isnt really a name though. Its so unimaginative. LT isnt bad but guess they are just fated to be called borismasters from now on which Im not complaining about. They just seem streets ahead of any other bus available to buy at the moment. I took a lot of photos of them in London and looking back at them, theres not one picture of a borismaster from any angle that looks ugly.

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 02, 2013, 11:56:13 PM

4 letters isnt really a name though. Its so unimaginative. LT isnt bad but guess they are just fated to be called borismasters from now on which Im not complaining about. They just seem streets ahead of any other bus available to buy at the moment. I took a lot of photos of them in London and looking back at them, theres not one picture of a borismaster from any angle that looks ugly.

It stands for NewBusForLondon, some people refer to it by that. I think I remember hearing some other title for it (other than Borismaster), but cannot remember what.

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 03, 2013, 12:32:20 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on November 02, 2013, 11:56:13 PM

It stands for NewBusForLondon, some people refer to it by that. I think I remember hearing some other title for it (other than Borismaster), but cannot remember what.

LTs?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk