News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy miller

If I catch a 110 bus in birmingham and ask for a fare to Tamworth Rail station do I pay for the outward journey to Victoria road (terminus) and then pay an additional fare to the rail station?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

windy miller

Thanks andy.I suffer from angina and cant walk very far,  cold weather doesn't help either but I appreciate your concern...

nx4737

Shame the 110 route into Tamworth has been altered to avoid the station, though it has sped it up a bit, anything to help improve the 110's time keeping is welcome!

You may have a 10 min wait in Victoria Road, but there's a news agents that do sandwiches and drinks :)

windy miller

Sorry andy,didn't notice your reply. The only problem I have with the 116 is that the service doesn't run through Erdington, (it follows the Kingsbury Rd Route from gravelly hill) Which is why I use the 110.  can't say Iv'e had problems with timekeeping, but Its not a service I use every day.I think their gemini fleet may have bigger engines than WM-they can shift when asked :)

Bob

why is the 110 always decker operated whenever ive seen it its only ever about a third full at the most?

windy miller

Bob your post didn't say where you usually see it? I can tell you the 110 can be well patronised between erdington and good hope hospital in visiting hours!

Bob

sorry i meant in/out of city centre

danny

Hi guys, does the 110 serve destiny manor or go near it and if so which stop and if not what route, I really cba to drive their lol
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Bob

oh i didnt realise the tamworth to sutton part was busy, must be the only birmingham arriva service thats profitable, i noticed burton garage have put old darts on the 112! that would be a noisy journey from hell! The X31 is apparently running at a loss, which is a shame, it should be a profitable well used service. Although i think it was a stupid idea to run it along one of the most congested parts of the m6, which leads to horrific timekeeping. its been extended to September with subsidy, will be interesting to see what happens afterwards

danny

*draton manor sorry predictive text

windy miller

Danny, dont worry about it, most of us can guess what you meant :)If you mean does the 110 pass draYton Manor park? well, No it doesn't.- but it does turn left (off the A5) at Fazeley. There are probably other services from there which would take you to the park. alternatively, you could walk it-(10 mins) .

nx4737

Quote from: andy on May 20, 2012, 05:32:16 PM
As I mentioned before, I drove these buses until recently. The 110 is far busier between Tamworth and Sutton than it is between Sutton and Birmingham, thanks to NXWM slotting the 915 in at virtually the same times. The only time you get a decent load in or out of city is if there's a 9-- missing or late, which I used to dread as you would always end up in arguments with oblivious Faresaver merchants who used to try to swan onto your bus without paying.

The problem with timekeeping is caused by the hideous traffic in Tamworth at Ventura Park, the traffic lights on Whitehouse Common Road by the Health Centre, that have no filter on them and then of course the Aston Expressway at peak times.  But it's a decently reliable service these days compared to what it was, and it's definitely better used now.

The Geminis on it are a delight to drive, I absolutely loved them except for their visibility from the cab, there are some terrible blind spots that you really have to get used to, but powerwise and for manouevering, lovely buses. Quicker because they're B9's and not B7's, don't require as much acceleration and pick up beautifully without struggling. I've never driven an NXWM Gemini so can't comment but they do seem to labour considering the amount of noise they make!

They can do quite a nice speed over the Aston Expressway... but there's one or two that seem to struggle with the hills between Fazeley and Sutton, I say one or two, because most seem to fly...

I've done the 110 quite a few times and had a B6 sub :(

Adam

danny

Thanks guys you all stars does anyone ni what arrival fares are like.

PM

I went from Tamworth to Sutton on an adult fare and it was £3.80 which is quite expensive tho day tickets are sold I think which work out as better value...

Discodave

£6 midlands day saver unlimtied travel all arriva services across midlands no boundry restrictions considering some fare prices is good value (except for people who like NX)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk