News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wolverhampton Garage

Started by Trident 4609, July 21, 2013, 10:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: V89MOA on November 12, 2017, 08:18:35 PM
It depends on the circumstances, quite a few stop timetables only say something similar to "every few minutes" or "between every 5 & 8 minutes until xx:xx" and don't actually give you times to be there for.
Allow enough time to complete your yourney, so if you miss a bus , it doesn't really matter and you can get the next.
If you wanted to know what time the bus is scheduled at it can all be found on the timetables on Traveline West Midlands website.

Though on very frequent routes, like the 11, I doubt it'd matter what time they're actually scheduled at as they are so frequent and could in some cases be unlikely to stick to those times due to disruptions on the route. Perhaps why they just say something like every 5 to 8 minutes.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

V89MOA

Quote from: Jack on November 12, 2017, 09:29:32 PM
The reason why the NX and NetNav app are in use.
The amount of times the NXWM app has said "No Departures from this stop" at peak times though for me, you can't always rely on them.

Jack

Quote from: V89MOA on November 12, 2017, 09:32:19 PM
The amount of times the NXWM app has said "No Departures from this stop" at peak times though for me, you can't always rely on them.
Which is why I prefer NetNav and have done for 4 years. NX app is too confusing.

Gareth

Quote from: Jack on November 12, 2017, 09:34:34 PM
Which is why I prefer NetNav and have done for 4 years. NX app is too confusing.

Confusing? Really?! It possibly one of the easiet and user friendly apps out there!

Jack

Quote from: Gareth on November 12, 2017, 09:36:32 PM
Confusing? Really?! It possibly one of the easiet and user friendly apps out there!
The amount of times it says 'No Departures from this Stop' is just annoying. I'd rather just stand and wait or look at NetNav which shows the departures.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Jack on November 12, 2017, 09:38:02 PM
The amount of times it says 'No Departures from this Stop' is just annoying. I'd rather just stand and wait or look at NetNav which shows the departures.

The NX app is easy to use and user intuitive, every time I leave home for work I check to see how the 11 is running and it hasn't let me down. Sure improvements could be made but I've never had a problem with it. It's ultimately your responsibility to be at the bus stop on time and before the bus gets there. I've missed buses by a minute in the past, it happens, but ultimately if your not at the stop when the bus is there, you won't get on the bus, that's why their there !
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

Tony

Quote from: DJ98 on November 11, 2017, 05:34:05 PM
Ran for a 126 on Castle Hill towards Birmingham today around 1PM, driver had plenty of time to stop and I was running to the stop with my arm out, but instead of stopping for me, he just drove straight past while flipping me off. Not really what you'd expect from a 'professional driver'. :/

When you complain to the company you will need details of the vehicle, just saying around 1pm won't. The closest bus to 1pm was 6776 on the 13:02 departure and that bus stopped at the Castle Hill stop

JoNi

Look at the App before you set off on your journey to the bus stop and know how long it takes to reach the stop.
When I come out of my house people standing at the bus stop say we're glad to see you because the bus must be coming.
When I tell them they can have the App and ask them if they have seen the advert for it in the bus they look blankly at me...

BusMan Greg

There's a rumor on Facebook that NatEx could loose the 54 and 154

Westy

Quote from: BusMan Greg on December 07, 2017, 09:28:58 PM
There's a rumor on Facebook that NatEx could loose the 54 and 154

Could Arriva make a comeback, as their service reduced, due to the success of the Nx service?

BusMan Greg

Increase the 70's frequency to 30 mins and make the 76's Monday to Saturday again not just sunday

Cheese

Quote from: Westy on December 07, 2017, 09:36:04 PM
Could Arriva make a comeback, as their service reduced, due to the success of the Nx service?

i54 funding likely to end, hardly a commercial service, can't see a replacement unless someone else has some dosh to put in.

Cheese

Quote from: BusMan Greg on December 07, 2017, 09:39:50 PM
Increase the 70's frequency to 30 mins and make the 76's Monday to Saturday again not just sunday

Why? Hardly anyone other than passes travel through to Stafford.

Bob

Fair few peoole use the 154 whenever ive been on it

Busman Jamie

Make the 76's Mon to Fri?? Why? It's a waste of time

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk