News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Wednesfield Garage

Started by Discodave, February 09, 2013, 02:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discodave

The new sign is up as its now Arriva Wednesfield Garage could any depot stuff, changes go here please like Sconehead85 requests for Cannock. Many thanks.

arrivaaston

Apparently from Monday Arriva tickests will be accepted on theMidland buses and not many will be resprayed

Bob

mystic meg predicts a load of crap darts headin toward wednesfield lol

covlad27

Quote from: arrivaaston on February 09, 2013, 11:36:56 PM
Apparently from Monday Arriva tickests will be accepted on theMidland buses and not many will be resprayed

This will be good for everyone

Bob

As most of the midland routes dont connect with other Arriva routes all that much wouldnt most people boarding a midland bus buy an N bus though?

covlad27

There is a lot of cannock routes that could benefit from accepting arriva passes

Discodave

Apparently from Monday Arriva tickests will be accepted on the Midland buses and not many will be resprayed

Wonder if the exiting deckers will be kept (the red tridents).

Quote from: busman99 on February 10, 2013, 11:23:48 AM
There is a lot of cannock routes that could benefit from accepting arriva passes

Will benefit now if you want to go to lichfield from Walsall too connections there to a lot of other places its a positive start regardless of the buses they are getting a possible platform for a west mids version of a arriva pass and could be cheaper too a way of getting regular revenue and attacking the NX travelcard and then NXWM may have something to think about.  This has been the failing of most companies such as go ahead when they tried.

covlad27

None of the midland drivers know anything about this starting tomorrow I personally think it will be a couple of weeks away still

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Discodave on February 10, 2013, 12:12:07 PM
Apparently from Monday Arriva tickests will be accepted on the Midland buses and not many will be resprayed

Wonder if the exiting deckers will be kept (the red tridents).

Quote from: busman99 on February 10, 2013, 11:23:48 AM

Will benefit now if you want to go to lichfield from Walsall too connections there to a lot of other places its a positive start regardless of the buses they are getting a possible platform for a west mids version of a arriva pass and could be cheaper too a way of getting regular revenue and attacking the NX travelcard and then NXWM may have something to think about.  This has been the failing of most companies such as go ahead when they tried.

Would be brillient if they did. Arriva's presence is ever increasing and I think the certainly need to introduce a range of new new west mid based tickets
campaigning for better transport for all

arrivaaston

None of the Midland drivers know? It was a Midland driver that told me and the driver on the 23 said there accepted

covlad27

Quote from: arrivaaston on February 12, 2013, 07:38:30 AM
None of the Midland drivers know? It was a Midland driver that told me and the driver on the 23 said there accepted

Oh right well I just presumed as the one I spoke to said no

arrifirststage

Does anyone else think that Hill Top/West bromwich will eventually be closed with buses and operations transferred to Wednesfield garage.
At the moment,is Wednesfield a free-standing garage or an outstation of Cannock?

Westy

Isnt Hill Top a shorter lease than Wednesfield?

Discodave

Quote from: Westy on February 12, 2013, 12:25:42 PM

Hill top has a 12 month lease Wednesfield at least 5 years so to answer 2 questions possibly merger into one garage information from my friend who was at the meeting when takeover annouced.  I know Hill top is an outstation of Tamworth as thats where the buses go to be maintained, not sure of Wednesfield to be honest would be better as a full depot than under Cannocks wing.

bwsau cymru

Quote from: Discodave on February 12, 2013, 12:40:51 PM
Quote from: Westy on February 12, 2013, 12:25:42 PM

Hill top has a 12 month lease Wednesfield at least 5 years so to answer 2 questions possibly merger into one garage information from my friend who was at the meeting when takeover annouced.  I know Hill top is an outstation of Tamworth as thats where the buses go to be maintained, not sure of Wednesfield to be honest would be better as a full depot than under Cannocks wing.

would definitely agree, lots of out stations are a bad idea. it was a sad day for example bridgnorth switched from being a shrewsbury outstation to telford.
hope rather than combining the 2 depots (hill too, wednesfield) that they try some commercial routes and fill them both with more buses!
campaigning for better transport for all

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk