News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bordesley Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 11, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squiz1971

Quote from: Squiz1971 on June 20, 2017, 08:10:01 PM
Not sure what 1830 was doing but it was parked half and half on Adderley Road by the tennis court/play area opposite Adderley Gardens on the clockwise side. Was displaying 8A and this was about 18:20 as I was walking to Saltley Gate from work to catch the 94
Should of been 8A side not 8C need to check me routes properly, I also saw another BY Scania coming off Duddeston Mill Road to park up in the same place before taking up service 10 mins later the following day.

V89MOA

1813 has gained Sandwell & Dudley fare zone stickers!

John

Quote from: V89MOA on September 15, 2017, 09:09:46 AM
1813 has gained Sandwell & Dudley fare zone stickers!

Still had them yesterday

Solo1

1794 now has new ticket machine

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jordan

1788 has the new ticket machine aswell
my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

1810 definetly couldn't cope with the loads on the 55 this morning, after it got through Ward End it was heavily overcrowded and from Aston Church Road it drove past every stop (except Saltley Gate), from there all the way to to the City Centre, so nobody else could get on as it was to overcrowded.
I noticed as well that the 2 people who boarded at Saltley Gate had invalid passes as well, one of there passes had expired in March.
1810 was at Aston Church Road going towards the City Centre at 10:15
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jack D

I honestly think 55 should be transferred as a route to another depot. It needs to be ran by double deckers at least on peak times when it is so busy. Heard a few complaints about this, something needs to be done,

monkeyjoe

It's an ex lea hall route they don't give a toss.

MW

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 30, 2017, 07:56:33 PM
It's an ex lea hall route they don't give a toss.

So was the 966...

15 plate Platinums on a former Lea Hall route

monkeyjoe

A step in the right direction long over due , even those are cast offs

Quote from: monkeyjoe on November 30, 2017, 08:09:44 PM
A step in the right direction long over due , even those are cast offs
what would you rather have as cast offs 15 plate platinums or a batch y reg tridents equally a cast off

MK

Quote from: Jack D on November 30, 2017, 07:45:50 PM
I honestly think 55 should be transferred as a route to another depot. It needs to be ran by double deckers at least on peak times when it is so busy. Heard a few complaints about this, something needs to be done,

I certainly agree that something needs to be done. I travel on the 55 towards Birmingham every weekday morning between 8.00am and 8.30am and there are real overcrowding issues between Drews Lane (Ward End Park) & Birmingham City Centre. 50% of my morning journeys result in a non-stop run through Washwood Heath and Saltley because the bus is full to the point of overcrowding. These situations are just potential accidents waiting to happen.
There may well be industry Health and Safety guidelines for the amount of people that can be carried safely when standing but in reality this just isn't physically possible. The reason for that is because the typical scenario being that the 12-15 people standing on the bus are all within 4-5 feet of the driver at the front of the bus, completely blocking the entry and exit points with no interest in moving further down the gangway. This despite the usual requests from the drivers.
Having regularly used this route for several years, i can see a noticeable increase in this overcrowding with in the last 6 months, which coincides with the withdrawal of routes 70 and 72, which resulted in the reduced frequency for the Washwood Heath corridor.

monkeyjoe

Quote from: 2900 on December 01, 2017, 09:42:55 AM
what would you rather have as cast offs 15 plate platinums or a batch y reg tridents equally a cast off

I'd rather the routes get the same attention in proportion that the certain other  routes overly get, that's all.

JoNi

Quote from: MK on December 01, 2017, 02:33:52 PM
I certainly agree that something needs to be done. I travel on the 55 towards Birmingham every weekday morning between 8.00am and 8.30am and there are real overcrowding issues between Drews Lane (Ward End Park) & Birmingham City Centre. 50% of my morning journeys result in a non-stop run through Washwood Heath and Saltley because the bus is full to the point of overcrowding. These situations are just potential accidents waiting to happen.
There may well be industry Health and Safety guidelines for the amount of people that can be carried safely when standing but in reality this just isn't physically possible. The reason for that is because the typical scenario being that the 12-15 people standing on the bus are all within 4-5 feet of the driver at the front of the bus, completely blocking the entry and exit points with no interest in moving further down the gangway. This despite the usual requests from the drivers.
Having regularly used this route for several years, i can see a noticeable increase in this overcrowding with in the last 6 months, which coincides with the withdrawal of routes 70 and 72, which resulted in the reduced frequency for the Washwood Heath corridor.

Buy buses with dual doors!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk