News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bordesley Garage

Started by Nathan4775, April 11, 2012, 06:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan4775

Is Bordsley Green Garage the Smallest Garage In Birmingham Becuase I went in there today & Birmingham Central Garage and Bordsley look extremely small like it could only fit 30 buses in there.

Birmingham was quite Big but not as big as Wolverhampton 8) 8)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Stu

Yes, Bordesley Green is NXWM's smallest garage. I think they only operate three routes, the 8A/C, 17 and 55.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Nathan4775

Though So, so why canrt they close down BY and tansfer them routes to BC then theres more stoage spcae for NXWM if its needed but then BC would over fill  8)
My Flickr;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90949252@N04/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
4775, 4770, 4697, 4698 , 4141, 4444, 4555

Ash

Does anyone know the reason why 1584 transferred from West Brom to Bordesley as it's an older type of merc which they dont have was it due to a shortage of vehicles or a temp measure before the omnilinks arrive for the 17

Ash

Quote from: thetruth on April 13, 2012, 10:11:19 PM
Or 1693 which was withdrawn. One of the two seems likely

Thanks for info

Tony

Look like being Bordesley's allocation when the current changes have taken place. Cannot be many garages anywhere in the country where the entire allocation is one vehicle type all consequetively numbered

Ash

So at Perry Barr when the enviro400 return it will mean some of the liberators will stay and not be withdrawn? and the dundee omnilinks will stay sending 4 of the toothpaste omnilinks to BY i assume. Will this mean the remaining mercs from BY will go to WB/PE and WN and possibly Coventry

MW

Quote from: Ash on August 21, 2012, 08:01:41 PM
So at Perry Barr when the enviro400 return it will mean some of the liberators will stay and not be withdrawn? and the dundee omnilinks will stay sending 4 of the toothpaste omnilinks to BY i assume.

2 B10L withdrawn
4 Scania (1833-1836) to BY

Copyright Mr Hunter

Gareth

The Mercs are fast being debranded from the 8. seemed more Mercs than usual on the 55/55A today. After the large numbers at LH and BY, it will be strange not having them around Saltley anymore. I like the Omnilinks, but to me they do seem a little cramped on the inside compared to the Mercs and even the B10L's.

Ash

Ive noticed on a few of the omnilinks the dents on the roof at the back of the bus wear people have hit their heads on the ceiling due to the seats at the rear being so high and the room isnt great but have to admit i have begin to like the omnilinks they seem to have more character than the newer eclipses especially when it comes to engine sounds.

John

So how will the rest of the B10L's at Perry Barr be replaced, as after the 2 are withdrawn, by my counting, there will be 14 left?

The same goes with Yardley Wood and Walsall. Will it be with the new deliveries if there are some late this year or early next year?

Ossie

Quote from: Tony on August 21, 2012, 07:47:15 PM
Look like being Bordesley's allocation when the current changes have taken place. Cannot be many garages anywhere in the country where the entire allocation is one vehicle type all consequetively numbered

When BY opened, wasn't the allocation MB's 1660 - 1702 consecutively, all ex Hockley?

John

Quote from: Ossie on August 22, 2012, 09:19:07 PM
When BY opened, wasn't the allocation MB's 1660 - 1702 consecutively, all ex Hockley?

Yes, only with the exception of 1680 which went to West Brom in 2004.

Tony

Quote from: John-s-91 on August 21, 2012, 08:20:31 PM
So how will the rest of the B10L's at Perry Barr be replaced, as after the 2 are withdrawn, by my counting, there will be 14 left?

The same goes with Yardley Wood and Walsall. Will it be with the new deliveries if there are some late this year or early next year?
Slight change of plan, looks like only one B10L to go now, 1480, 1463 is being kept, only one not in NX livery

Gareth

The Dundee Scanias are on pretty much any PB Scania route now. One last sunday caused a delay in City Centre on the 66 when it took the driver and an inspector about 10mins to change the ticket roll. A lot of cursing and guesswork got it working!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk