News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

South Solihull network review

Started by Stu, March 24, 2013, 01:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sh4318

Quote from: Busmapper on June 02, 2013, 04:24:24 PM
These changes have now been confirmed by Centro.

Compared to the draft documents linked to in the opening post, the S4 will not continue beyond Cheswick Green to Blythe Valley, Hockley Heath & Dorridge (I guess the current S9 is therefore retained), and all S3 journeys will continue beyond Dorridge to Hockley Heath.

The S7 will be incorporated into the S3
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stu

Yep, the S3 will be hourly between Wythall and Solihull, and every half an hour from Solihull to Hockley Heath. Evening and Sunday journeys will operate as present.

Should be interesting to see how this addresses reliability issues Diamond currently have with the S2 and S3 services. I believe that someone has already commented that the S2 and S4 will interchange with each other at Solihull station, might have made more sense to just incorporate the two routes together, ie just have the S2 running from Cheswick Green to Dorridge via Blossomfield, Solihull, Widney Manor and Bentley Heath.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Kevin

Intruiged to see how well the 88 route does, hope it is a success because it kind of deserves to be
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk