News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Kernow

Started by BK63 YWP, December 23, 2016, 12:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Winston on August 13, 2017, 08:19:34 PM
Did the Scania badge on the front not give it away??
It was this morning I saw it, so I forgot what they were after a long day, so I just did a quick search to see what they are and thats were I quickly saw B7RLE.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Does anyone know how many E200 MMC and E400 MMC they're due and what they're for?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

amodelofcontrol

It's understood that there are no longer any E20D MMC coming this year, and if there are any E40D MMC now coming to Kernow, there are no more than 10. First have changed and reduced their orders this year and it looks like Kernow rather lost out.

volvodart

It is still being recently reported elsewhere that 21 E400MMCs and 5 E200MMCs are coming.

winston

Quote from: volvodart on January 22, 2018, 04:48:37 PM
It is still being recently reported elsewhere that 21 E400MMCs and 5 E200MMCs are coming.

Cornwall is one of the areas where the Council are working with First Kernow, therefore, previously announced capital investment should be fairly safe

volvodart

It was probably a case of them being delayed rather than cancelled!

Someone has announced new Scania E400 MMC are comming from March 1st in the First Kernow thread on the Rail UK forum,
they're potentially for the 27 according to a comment bellow.

"Big news guys!

Do you remember first bus announcing new buses for the east of Cornwall? Scania E400 MMCs are the double deckers coming in. The plates are in --18 --- format.

368-- is the fleetnumber format at the moment, they will all be in the two-tone universal green colours and are all going to Camborne. The other two I don't know about yet, and there is no news on the E200 MMCs either yet.

You should see some starting from the 1st of march, as that's when the 18 plates come along."

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/first-kernow.103639/page-179
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: 2206 on January 28, 2018, 11:25:40 AM
Someone has announced new Scania E400 MMC are comming from March 1st in the First Kernow thread on the Rail UK forum,
they're potentially for the 27 according to a comment bellow.

"Big news guys!

Do you remember first bus announcing new buses for the east of Cornwall? Scania E400 MMCs are the double deckers coming in. The plates are in --18 --- format.

368-- is the fleetnumber format at the moment, they will all be in the two-tone universal green colours and are all going to Camborne. The other two I don't know about yet, and there is no news on the E200 MMCs either yet.

You should see some starting from the 1st of march, as that's when the 18 plates come along."

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/first-kernow.103639/page-179
A large upgrade and improvement if this is correct.
"A post on a firstbus enthusiast Facebook group says the drivers have been told the MMCs are around 12 weeks away. A driver has commented 21 E400mmcs and 20 E200mmcs are coming. The single deck figure being considerably more than previous mentions?"
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/first-kernow.103639/page-180
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

markcf83

If it's of any help Bristol are taking Scanias up to 36836. Presumably the Cornwall buses are to follow on from there.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Dylanbusboy45

Kernows new MMCs are now in build. Looks like there are going to be 2 blue ones for Unibus services and 19 green ones for Newquay Bodmin Wadebridge Bude St Austell Truro routes looking at the comments. The green one pictured certainly looks like a regular MMC to me so they aren't going to be Scanias after all...

StourportSam

All of the ex Jersey mini darts are headed for Glasgow reportedly, with some for scrap. Some of these previously operated from Worcester depot for First.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

BK63 YWP

Quote from: 2206 on April 01, 2018, 11:00:14 AM
New E200 MMC for First Kernow have been spotted.
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/first-kernow.103639/page-193

There are photos on Flickr of the e400 mmc for the U4 Falmouth to Penzance and Kernow Green ones for probably the Newquay to Truro services
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

John

Looking for some advice. Off to St Ives for a week at the start of September on holiday and am looking to have a day out to get photos of the buses around Cornwall, I've never been before so don't know the county.

Anyone know the best places to go, especially for the open top services and the ex-London buses, but also most other services.

I have read that the older London buses )T, V reg) are to shortly be withdrawn but also does anyone know if the newer ex-London (51, 02 and 52 reg) buses have more time left in service

Thanks

Quote from: John on April 29, 2018, 12:06:31 PM
Looking for some advice. Off to St Ives for a week at the start of September on holiday and am looking to have a day out to get photos of the buses around Cornwall, I've never been before so don't know the county.

Anyone know the best places to go, especially for the open top services and the ex-London buses, but also most other services.

I have read that the older London buses )T, V reg) are to shortly be withdrawn but also does anyone know if the newer ex-London (51, 02 and 52 reg) buses have more time left in service

Thanks
The Summer Only services will still be operating at the Start of September, so if its similar to last year, ST Ives is the best place to find the Open Tops:
Last year the A1, A2, A3 and A4 should have all been open top operated.
A1, A2 and A3 all interworked last year so if they do again St Ives would be best on the A2  (Penzance to St Ives) and A3 (St Ives to Lands End.)
A4 - Newquay - Portreath - St Ives. A4 should also have been open tops last year saw one on there, but it was a variety closed top vehicles (E400, E400 MMC, President Bodied Tridents and East Lancs bodied Tridents) and even a Coastal branded Single Decker Scania got on there, something to do with low hanging trees somewhere. I did see one on there though on the evening departure that went from St Ives to Portreath.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk