News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Whittles

Started by Tomjusttom, October 23, 2012, 09:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomjusttom

An Unexpected visitor to Mary Stevens Park yesterday was this Volvo B12B/Plaxton Panther operating the 125 instead of the usual Dennis/Dart

Whats the least expected visitor you have seen??

John

Whittle have also put a coach on the 192 as well. This one has been on it at least twice,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/6198478866/in/set-72157627664280575

Will1992

Evening all,

I'm not sure if anyone knows this but Whittle Coach & Bus Ltd of Kidderminster have recently had ex-EYMS fleet no.334 (Y213 HWJ) transferred from EYMS to KidderminsterSee here -> (http://www.eyms.co.uk/content/enthusiasts/vehicle.aspx?intvehicleid=112) Should I see anymore "new" additions to Whittles I will post them here.

- Will, Kidderminster

Thomas Davies

They have also acquired the below vehicle from Central Buses.

Kind Regards

Thomas Davies

Ash

Does anyone know how much it costs for an adult fare on the 192 between Halesowen and Stourport (a return fare if possible or whatever is cheaper if they do a day ticket) I have tried their website but no information is there on any fare prices. Thanks in advance.

mikestone

Those wonderful people at Traveline don't seem to have caught up with the sale to EYMS yet, still showing services as operated by RA & DL Whittle.
;
EYMS MB 418 YX51MUO was in service last week at Kidderminster still in EYMS livery.

Cedric

here is a link from whittles site giving details of the the fleet and recent renunberings
http://www.whittlecoach.co.uk/fleet.asp
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

whittles are advertising for bus drivers, coach drivers and fitters in local paper   
diamond 8\10/125/292

tank90

Might be because they are propering to start a war on diamond for services like the X3 303 and then maybe some Services in Redditch to interwork with the X3. Just a thought....
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Cedric

or even  whittles and diamond start one in Worcester, , think though maybe one in the Kidderminster area
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: bowler on February 08, 2013, 10:07:33 AM
whittles are advertising for bus drivers, coach drivers and fitters in local paper   
as well I have  heard  whittles  are getting more vehicles coming down , do not know if they are replacement or extra ones
diamond 8\10/125/292

sonic84

This could prove to be very interesting.  After all Whittles are a much more recognised name in Kidderminster as opposed to Diamond Bus... and lets not forget that Whittles saw First withdraw off the 1 Kidderminster - Rifle Range circular a few years back.

I imagine things are going to hot up on the 2 & 3 routes in particular, with perhaps Whittles also moving in on the 10 Spennels route as well.

winston

Quote from: sonic84 on February 20, 2013, 05:55:40 PM
This could prove to be very interesting.  After all Whittles are a much more recognised name in Kidderminster as opposed to Diamond Bus... and lets not forget that Whittles saw First withdraw off the 1 Kidderminster - Rifle Range circular a few years back.

I imagine things are going to hot up on the 2 & 3 routes in particular, with perhaps Whittles also moving in on the 10 Spennels route as well.

Whittle's may as well seize the opportunity, I don't think Rotala will have much muscle.....

PM

If we're honest about it, if just redditch on its own had been for sale, rotala would probably have just bought that and not kidderminster as its redditch they were clearly after.

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on February 20, 2013, 06:02:06 PM
If we're honest about it, if just redditch on its own had been for sale, rotala would probably have just bought that and not kidderminster as its redditch they were clearly after.

I agree, I think it was Redditch & Kidderminster together or nothing for prospective bidders

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk