News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Midland Trains

Started by Tony, September 22, 2012, 08:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Did I say it was? But at no time this week have many rush hour morning trains ran on time. It's appalling and unreliable and another reason we need a better bloody bus service! Tues morning was late coming into Brum then a "train fault" delayed the 512 back. Is there ever a day without problems on this service???

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on August 31, 2017, 08:26:22 AM
And who's fault was it? Not London Midland's. The train got to Rugeley North Junction 8 Minutes early and sat there for 2hours20minutes because of a points failure. Damn Nationalised railway!

Certainly when I started on the railway at Stourbridge Junction in 1987 under British Rail, the Chargeman was allowed to go on the track to scotch and clip the points thereby saving time until the engineers arrived to fix them. But sadly under the new regime you have to wait for engineers to arrive and repair them.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Westy

And again, why dont the bus companies take advantage?

Sh4318

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on August 29, 2017, 12:51:21 AM
Quite:

Usually happens on Sunday. Or if you're I'm extremely lucky, it will happen on a Monday-Saturday, when the International-Mid Wales/North Wales services call at Smethwick Galton Bridge. I'll automatically disregard the 158 and board the 150 when this happens

150280 is on the 14:09 departure from BHI today
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Westy on August 31, 2017, 10:31:50 PM
And again, why dont the bus companies take advantage?

Because 99% of the time you can't guarantee what time a points or track circuit failure would occur.

On the Stourbridge line for example, the train will beat the bus most of the time between Stourbridge and Birmingham, especially during the rush hour. Because of traffic problems along the Hagley Road especially during rush hour this will never change.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Trident 4194

Went on the 153 on the snow hill line and couldn't help but notice the horrible damp smell in the coach

WMT3000

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 05, 2017, 04:54:16 PM
Went on the 153 on the snow hill line and couldn't help but notice the horrible damp smell in the coach
Can't remember the number but that one's had that fusty, damp smell for at least 7 or 8 years. It's known as the "second hand bookshop" by some passengers!

Bob

Any reason why the fare from rugeley Trent valley to Euston return has rocketed by 10 quid on london Midland????

the trainbasher

Quote from: Bob on September 25, 2017, 09:50:30 PM
Any reason why the fare from rugeley Trent valley to Euston return has rocketed by 10 quid on london Midland????

Inflation

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Bob

Tony

Quote from: Bob on September 25, 2017, 09:50:30 PM

has it?

mikestone

Because Virgin set the "any permitted" fare London Midland can alter their fares as they see fit.

Bob

It was showing as 38 pound something 2 hrs ago! Now showing as 29 again....

P419 EJW

Wolverhampton - Huddersfield has spiked from £29 to £38.10 (using railcard) and it has become a fixed price of £38.10. Was surprised at the price increase. Had a Google search trying to find why some, if not all, train prices increased. However, to no avail, I only got info about the average rise of 2.3% from 2nd January 2017.

Tony

Quote from: P419 EJW on September 26, 2017, 09:28:19 AM
Wolverhampton - Huddersfield has spiked from £29 to £38.10 (using railcard) and it has become a fixed price of £38.10. Was surprised at the price increase. Had a Google search trying to find why some, if not all, train prices increased. However, to no avail, I only got info about the average rise of 2.3% from 2nd January 2017.

£29.00 is the off-peak return
£38.10 is the anytime return

no increase there

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk