News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

D&G Bus

Started by arrivaaston, September 14, 2012, 11:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

I wonder if they might have had to pay the GBF money back when the route they were purchased for ceased?
;
Reported they have gone to Bullock's - who as far as I am aware only have one public service, which is already B5H operated and appears to operate solely for people who can't walk from Piccadilly station to Piccadilly Gardens.

Ashley

I get the feeling that the farewell tribute to Bakerbus will be either much less elaborate compared to others or just non existent...

PM

Quote from: mikestone on January 03, 2015, 10:47:34 PM
I wonder if they might have had to pay the GBF money back when the route they were purchased for ceased?
;
Reported they have gone to Bullock's - who as far as I am aware only have one public service, which is already B5H operated and appears to operate solely for people who can't walk from Piccadilly station to Piccadilly Gardens.

Thanks for the info on that one!

It's interesting though that D and G are back in the area in which they previously sold their operations to Wardle Transport/Arriva. They've got a new depot, operations are building back up after it did look as if D and G was just being gradually sold off bit by bit. Good news though as they're a good quality operator.

mikestone

I wonder if they have an eye on picking up routes abandoned by Wardles, or even the whole business.
;
Apparently the Spath based vehicles are moving to the new Longton depot.

PM

Quote from: mikestone on January 04, 2015, 03:26:30 PM
I wonder if they have an eye on picking up routes abandoned by Wardles, or even the whole business.
;
Apparently the Spath based vehicles are moving to the new Longton depot.

Guess it depends on how much success Arriva are having with Wardle...

mikestone

Not a lot having cancelled three more routes recently and not seemingly having the confidence to take on First.

PM

Quote from: mikestone on January 06, 2015, 07:34:17 PM
Not a lot having cancelled three more routes recently and not seemingly having the confidence to take on First.

I did have a look on their website and going through recent news it seems there have been a fair few cancellations etc. D and G with the new depot are clearly back to stay! :)

PM

Details of buses acquired now on company fleetlist. Almost at the number of buses Wardle have left...

A solo, a cadet and streetlites acquired, at least the solo looks to have come from Tates Travel

http://www.dgbus.co.uk/fleet-list.html

mikestone

157 YJ57XWA, first of five B&P Versa's in service in Crewe today - details awaited of the others,

PM

Quote from: mikestone on January 22, 2015, 07:52:41 PM
157 YJ57XWA, first of five B&P Versa's in service in Crewe today - details awaited of the others,

Presumably the next batch arriving off lease at Ensignbus pictured in this week's CBW. Thanks for the info! They're certainly proving popular buys and D and G are investing a lot, with the recent new e200's for both them and South Lancs Travel.

Cheese

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 22, 2015, 08:59:40 PM
Quote from: mikestone on January 22, 2015, 07:52:41 PM

Presumably the next batch arriving off lease at Ensignbus pictured in this week's CBW. Thanks for the info! They're certainly proving popular buys and D and G are investing a lot, with the recent new e200's for both them and South Lancs Travel.

YJ57XWC just seen on the 841 in Stafford, still in Lancashire United buttermilk and blue.

mikestone

Oddly the four ex SLT E200s having been renumbered have now reverted to the SLT numbers.

mikestone

The three Bakers hybrids are in the yard nearest Tamworth station - I presume with Mr. James in a dealer capacity rather than Solus.

mikestone

The yard was completely empty this morning - there is a phot in Buses with Brown, Wetherby as previously alleged , but I am certain they are the vehicles I saw! 

ade

Red liveried E200  30 was on the Orange ONE yesterday instead of one of the usual orange liveried vehicles

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk