News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

D&G Bus

Started by arrivaaston, September 14, 2012, 11:54:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arrivaaston

so they have midlands vdl buses and the 3 scanias, will these be getting new fleet numbers and do they just have the 1 depot now??

arrivaaston

Not seen a post for these so thought I'd start 1, what do people think of these as a company? The 3 ex-midland scanias didint last long with D&G did they?

NXWM Spectra

Quote from: arrivaaston on April 07, 2013, 03:18:25 PM
Not seen a post for these so thought I'd start 1, what do people think of these as a company? The 3 ex-midland scanias didint last long with D&G did they?

What do you mean? Have they been sold?

John

Quote from: NXWM Spectra on April 07, 2013, 03:45:09 PM
What do you mean? Have they been sold?

They have gone to South Lancs Travel, I think they are also owned by D&G

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68628359@N04/8590786614/

arrivaaston

I believe that is correct, they have the same fleet number and same liverey, do they still have the 2 60 plate mcv evoloutions?

John

Quote from: arrivaaston on April 07, 2013, 04:50:10 PM
I believe that is correct, they have the same fleet number and same liverey, do they still have the 2 60 plate mcv evoloutions?

Yes the MCV's are still with D&G, see this pic taken on Thursday.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57422671@N06/8619613228/
The second one is on the next picture.

South Lancs Travel's livery is white, blue and yellow (http://www.flickr.com/photos/68628359@N04/8589704805/)
So I would think the OmniCity's will get repainted into fleet livery soon.

arrivaaston

Shame these didn't come to the Arriva fleet

bwsau cymru

The scanias was brillient. I enjoyed quite a few trips on 35 and 334. Glad they have gone to south lancs as ive used them in manchester!
campaigning for better transport for all

winston

PD1128125/1 - ROLLING SOLUTIONS LTD T/A D & G BUS, THE WELLINGTON, 78 HIGH STREET, UTTOXETER, ST14 7JD
        Registration Accepted
        Starting Point: Gaol Square, North Walls, Stafford
        Finish Point: Lichfield Street, Wolverhampton
        Via: Church Eaton, Penkridge
        Service Number: 877
        Service Type: Normal Stopping
        Effective Date: 11-JUL-2014
        Other Details: Monday to Saturday

mikestone

Already registered on the NWTA O-licence, where it's not showing cancelled,although the 841/2 are!

mikestone

Further expansion from 11th January with the takeover of all but one Bakerbus service, which is ceasing.

PM

Quote from: mikestone on December 31, 2014, 08:00:13 PM
Further expansion from 11th January with the takeover of all but one Bakerbus service, which is ceasing.

Good to see D and G back expanding again.

Bakerbus are part of King Long Group iirc?

Wonder what will happen to the Volvo B5LH's?

Solo1

What will happen to the service buses
Bakers have will they sold or returned to where there r loaned from

mikestone

Route one says the hybrids aren't involved in the sale - presumably they are being sold separately.

PM

Quote from: mikestone on January 02, 2015, 09:52:30 PM
Route one says the hybrids aren't involved in the sale - presumably they are being sold separately.

Will be interesting as I don't know what happens when GBF buses come to be sold when an operator is defunct. Guess they'd be popular if they ever came up for sale though!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk