News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Bus breakdown experiences

Started by Stu, July 07, 2012, 07:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

I remember a few years ago my Optare Spectra school bus broke down in Halesowen due to very cold weather, we sat there freezing on the roundabout by the bus station for about 45 minutes, before being picked up by an ever-reliable Volvo Citybus. What a treat, G543 RDS - I love that bus and its overwhelming whine, especially as the driver was thrashing it to get to school less late. Happy days, I think that bus is scrapped now :(

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: thetruth on February 05, 2013, 10:48:26 PM
Merc on the 48 today failed on the junction of St Marys Road / Bearwood Road. Caused chaos.

Not surprised this doesn't happen more often, its a very long route, hour with good traffic, run by some elderly mostly un-refurbished Mercs

settlerman

830 taken out of service midday at Merry Hill.

Discodave

Quote from: settlerman on February 06, 2013, 05:19:42 PM
830 taken out of service midday at Merry Hill.

Whats up with the enviros another report of problems.

Kevin

The saying regards waiting for a bus forever and then two or three come at once appeared to apply for breakdowns aswell today! got into town and saw 4426 and 4302 both dead with hazard lights flashing about 50 yards apart on Moor st, then later this afternoon in Cov I saw 4451 on the back of a Mansfield truck. Something in the air?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Discodave

andy

4313 on the back of Mansfield at 8pm tonight coming back down the A45 by the Airport, God knows how far it had come...

Rob H

Trident broke down at the Wheatsheaf facing towards Birmingham with it's bonnet up and hazard lights flashing couldn't get fleet number
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

PM

Discodave

Quote from: Rob H on February 17, 2013, 10:07:29 AM
Trident broke down at the Wheatsheaf facing towards Birmingham with it's bonnet up and hazard lights flashing couldn't get fleet number

another trident crikey ok cascade all of them out of BC give them new buses everywhere I retract my earlier comments on another post

PM

Quote from: Discodave on February 17, 2013, 12:01:41 PM

another trident crikey ok cascade all of them out of BC give them new buses everywhere I retract my earlier comments on another post

I think putting unrefurbed 13 year old tridents on punishing BC routes is a recipie for disaster quite frankly. Though where to put them....

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on February 17, 2013, 12:19:08 PM

I think putting unrefurbed 13 year old tridents on punishing BC routes is a recipie for disaster quite frankly. Though where to put them....

The refurb program doesn't include any mechanical work, its simply bodywork / retrim & repaints, so would make no difference.

Only the 30 re-engined Tridents have benefited from mechanical work

PM

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2013, 12:34:47 PM

The refurb program doesn't include any mechanical work, its simply bodywork / retrim & repaints, so would make no difference.

Surely when they refurb them the engine etc would at least be given a quick look over and any faults rectified?

winston

Quote from: Peter123 on February 17, 2013, 12:59:16 PM

Surely when they refurb them the engine etc would at least be given a quick look over and any faults rectified?

That should all be done at garage level as part of routine maintenance. the refurb work is all purely cosmetic i.e. re-panelling, re-glazing, retrim & repaint

Tony

Quote from: Winston on February 17, 2013, 01:38:13 PM
Quote from: Peter123 on February 17, 2013, 12:59:16 PM

That should all be done at garage level as part of routine maintenance. the refurb work is all purely cosmetic i.e. re-panelling, re-glazing, retrim & repaint

4145 certainly had a visit from Cummins at Walsall and had a lot of mechanical work done before returning to BC

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk