News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Sunny Travel

Started by Tony, July 05, 2012, 07:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 20, 2013, 09:56:54 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on November 20, 2013, 09:53:39 PM
Very knowledgable but code 47 is better lol

Yes...47s are good but I like Code 99!

What is a code 99, out of interest?

the trainbasher

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 20, 2013, 11:20:34 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on November 20, 2013, 09:56:54 PM
Quote from: Steveminor on November 20, 2013, 09:53:39 PM
Very knowledgable but code 47 is better lol

Yes...47s are good but I like Code 99!

What is a code 99, out of interest?

Code   99
Title   Stopped on a pedestrian crossing and/or crossing area marked by zig-zags
Type   On street
Differential level   Higher

Or in lay mans terms - Parked on a zebra crossing or other kind of pedestrian crossing with Zig Zags. - £70 (or £35 if paid within 14 days!) - but if the old bill get you it's 3 points and one of their fines instead!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

nitromatt1

I would actually happily have your job Tom! To be able to do something every time I see a 106 parked in a bus stop...

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 20, 2013, 11:53:28 PM
I would actually happily have your job Tom! To be able to do something every time I see a 106 parked in a bus stop...

The greatest chaos I've ever seen caused was when this van parked at the 50 stand in town. There was a diamond sat behind, a green bus and nx as well. Shame someone couldn't have ticketed that...

the trainbasher

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 20, 2013, 11:54:43 PM

The greatest chaos I've ever seen caused was when this van parked at the 50 stand in town. There was a diamond sat behind, a green bus and nx as well. Shame someone couldn't have ticketed that...

Birmingham might have given him a Reg10 PCN (parking ticket by post) as opposed to a Reg9 (ticket on window).

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

the trainbasher

I am the back office admin person who sends out the officers to locations and compiles parking stats for senior management (and gets head bitten off by people who my officers have fined!)

My LA has their officers and office functions in house as opposed to Birmingham and Sandwell where they use people like APCOA and NCP/NSL.

nitromatt1

MS2, the one by Selfridges? Oh dear... there's usually an inspector or two stood there, would've thought they could do something

the trainbasher

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 21, 2013, 12:00:05 AM

MS2, the one by Selfridges? Oh dear... there's usually an inspector or two stood there, would've thought they could do something

Under TMA 2004 CEOs, and approved CCTV devices can issue PCNs under Reg9 or Reg10

(as an aside I am known by my lot to absolutely hate PPCs (Private Land Parking Enforcement Companies) as can be seen by my signature!)

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on November 21, 2013, 12:00:05 AM

One was stood there talking about it on the phone but the van drove off fairly soon after. And yeah it was MS2 at a time when even more services stopped there

Steveminor

There is an enforcement camera that overlooks those bus stops so while he may think he's got away with it he will recieve a nice Xmas present in the post. That's why you never see an enforcement officer issue any fines in birmingham on code 47 as the cameras have already got them.

As a side note the cameras are now being programmed to issue code 30 to buses that overstay on the birmingham stops but in Solihull even though the tro (traffic regulation order says 4 mins on a stop, we are not allowed to issue overstays to buses "yet". It can be very frustrating when buses are left unattended on stops causing chaos & we can't do anything about it. Although the police can issue fines for causing an obstruction but seldom do.

the trainbasher

Best ever ticket bus related I've seen is a pair of Thandi coaches getting Code 01 in Dudley. Parked for 2 hours too...on the pavement!

I was on my day off when I saw the officers booking it...

Steveminor

My best was at Solihull station. I booked the rotala staff car on code 47, an NX driver stopped opposite & started taking the p&@s out of the rotala driver. Meanwhile I was across the road giving him a code 02 PCN much to rotala drivers amusement

the trainbasher

Quote from: Steveminor on November 21, 2013, 11:29:36 AM
My best was at Solihull station. I booked the rotala staff car on code 47, an NX driver stopped opposite & started taking the p&@s out of the rotala driver. Meanwhile I was across the road giving him a code 02 PCN much to rotala drivers amusement

Cant beat a loading ban! :-)

Solo1

sunny travel have a new bus out to day itr was due to be with City line but this never happened http://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/11876138094/

Rob H

Quote from: Solo1 on January 10, 2014, 08:18:46 PM
sunny travel have a new bus out to day itr was due to be with City line but this never happened http://www.flickr.com/photos/stanjack/11876138094/

This bus has been with sunny travel a while now 573 was first then 563 and now they have 577 and they've painted up one of the step entrance darts in this pink and purple livery M442BLC :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk