News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Manchester Bus Tours Ltd

Started by the trainbasher, February 14, 2018, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

Manchester Bus Tours Ltd, owned by Phillip Higgs of Catch22Bus and Classic Bus North West infamy has decided that the Midlands is their next place to launch a bus tour in Birmingham.

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/515302/ refers to the service application.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Solo1

Wonder where they will store the bus overnight

Steveminor

Won't it just be the brum buzz Olympian using his o licences

Solo1

I think you find the bus that was used on the Brum tour was
Scrapped saw pic on Facebook about been withdrawn

Steveminor

My point was maybe it's that company.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Steveminor on February 15, 2018, 11:23:15 AM

Kings Norton Coaches used to run the Olympian on the Birmingham Tour

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on February 15, 2018, 03:53:14 PM
Kings Norton Coaches used to run the Olympian on the Birmingham Tour
Kings Norton Coaches operated it, but the tour and bus were owned by someone else.
Quote from: Tony on October 15, 2012, 10:03:40 PM
Kings Norton Coaches own Leyland Olympian A 134 SMA which runs the Birmingham Sightseeing Tour on behalf of a company based in harborne, which doesn't have a PSV Operators Licence. Previously, Central Connect and Johnson's have had the contract and been the registered owners of this vehicle.

Minor correction, Kings Norton coaches 'operate' A134 SMA' it is owned by the lady that runs the Birmingham tour
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

fleetline6477

Was previously operated by Central Connect and Johnsons if I remember correctly?

tjwpsv

Less than a week to go now. Has anyone heard any more or seen the tour advertised? :o

Tony

Quote from: Steveminor on February 15, 2018, 11:23:15 AM

The original post told you who's company it is. He has collected opentop Olympian P534 EFL from Stagecoach today

tjwpsv

tjwpsv

Confirmed by the operator is that the tour will commence on 5th May. (Sightseeing Leeds follows on 19 May).

A further acquisition is V154 MEV.

tjwpsv

I understand W501 RBB was out on route trials in Birmingham today (Sightseeing Manchester livery).

tjwpsv

Quote from: Solo1 on February 15, 2018, 08:48:14 AM
I think you find the bus that was used on the Brum tour was
Scrapped saw pic on Facebook about been withdrawn
Not so - a new life awaits overseas...See the Big Brum Buz thread.

Quote from: tjwpsv on March 28, 2018, 08:03:00 PM
Confirmed by the operator is that the tour will commence on 5th May. (Sightseeing Leeds follows on 19 May).

A further acquisition is V154 MEV.
Is there any timetable for this tour, if it is supposed to start next week?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk