News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Birmingham Coach Company routes still operated by Diamond

Started by sonic84, January 14, 2018, 09:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonic84

I've been trying to think of any BCC routes which are still operated under the Diamond brand today.

All I can't think of is the 16, the 4H, 002 and 202 (from when they briefly competed with Ludlows, the 142 (when they competed on the 247 / 248) and then possibly the 124 and the 301.

Are they any others. It would be good to see a list of BBC/ Diamond routes which have stood the test of time.

Trident 4194

Quote from: sonic84 on January 14, 2018, 09:20:47 PM
I've been trying to think of any BCC routes which are still operated under the Diamond brand today.

All I can't think of is the 16, the 4H, 002 and 202 (from when they briefly competed with Ludlows, the 142 (when they competed on the 247 / 248) and then possibly the 124 and the 301.

Are they any others. It would be good to see a list of BBC/ Diamond routes which have stood the test of time.

It was the 417 before the 4H only running to West Brom

Westy

301 was never operated by BCC.

It was introduced initially as a free service, when Travel A2Z failed, then once they were able, it was registered as a standard service.

That was under the Black Diamond banner officially, but obviously using buses in previous liveries.

(I remember see old red & white Diamonds & the odd Ludlow on the route!)

Just had a vague memory.

I'm sure online the 301 was registered under Ludlows originally, but I must be wrong?

winston

The WB40 was numbered the 410 in BCC days.

The 17 is part of the former 007 route which BCC competed on against Ludlows

Is part of the current 310 similar to BCC's 300/310?

fleetline6477

BCC ran Sundays journeys on the 445 Smethwick to Brandhall most of that route is covered by 54/A

They also ran 192 when it operated into Birmingham.

P419 EJW

winston

the trainbasher

Quote from: Westy on January 14, 2018, 10:10:15 PM
301 was never operated by BCC.

It was introduced initially as a free service, when Travel A2Z failed, then once they were able, it was registered as a standard service.

That was under the Black Diamond banner officially, but obviously using buses in previous liveries.

(I remember see old red & white Diamonds & the odd Ludlow on the route!)

Just had a vague memory.

I'm sure online the 301 was registered under Ludlows originally, but I must be wrong?

Yes it was, same with the 9 if I remember

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 15, 2018, 08:13:14 AM
Yes it was, same with the 9 if I remember

No, the 9 & 19X on Saturday's ran first as BCC with Leyland Nationals, later with Volvo re-engine examples such as VN0740S (Spencers Market allover avert) & NOE568R, NPD128L (Spencers Market overall advert) & NPD132L (BMW overall advert) frequently appearing IIRC

the trainbasher

Quote from: Winston on January 15, 2018, 11:55:40 AM
No, the 9 & 19X on Saturday's ran first as BCC with Leyland Nationals, later with Volvo re-engine examples such as VN0740S (Spencers Market allover avert) & NOE568R, NPD128L (Spencers Market overall advert) & NPD132L (BMW overall advert) frequently appearing IIRC

I'm referring to the royale operated 9.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 15, 2018, 02:25:43 PM
I'm referring to the royale operated 9.

Maybe so, but as the Diamond Bus 9 Royale or otherwise was withdrawn years ago, it's irrelevant to the query being raised. BCC started the 9.

sonic84

Thank you for your input everyone. I guess there is really only the 16 and the 40 (410) that have been consistently operated throughout all the changes from the BBC days to the current Diamond brand under Rotala.

It seems a lot more of the original Pete's Travel routes have managed to stand the test of time as it has been brought into the Diamond brand.

Lukeee

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk