News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Bromwich Garage

Started by Ash, March 17, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Tony on September 14, 2017, 12:08:39 PM
731 which I'm bringing down today is only a loan for a couple of months. So if you want to ride/photo/see it you won't have ling
It'll be attending showbus alongside 3304 tomorrow.
http://showbus.com/entry/entry2017.htm
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Quote from: CL on October 08, 2017, 07:45:59 PM
816 on the 48, according to a friend
Not unusual on a Sunday.
Sundays are Single Deckers (E200 and Omnilinks) from what i've seen.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Sh4318

Quote from: 2206 on October 08, 2017, 08:04:11 PM
Not unusual on a Sunday.
Sundays are Single Deckers (E200 and Omnilinks) from what i've seen.

Correct. Double deckers aren't required on Sunday's. I remember when the 447 & 448 ran, for a while, the B6LEs that spent the day on the 447 would spend the evening on the 448, the 448 was also 100% B6LE on Sunday's in those days
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

CL

Ah ok, was just going by what's on the spreadsheet. E200's aren't listed at all for the 48
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Trident 4194

Surely West Brom must be soon up for a new bus station? It's ridiculous witnessed an argument between diamond and nx driver over the nx being on stand for 10 mins apparently- ended up with the inspector taking it to remove congestion.

42/43 diamond and nx buses have to reverse out of their stand to pull round the bus parked in front. Much worse than dudley

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on November 09, 2017, 05:49:16 PM
Surely West Brom must be soon up for a new bus station? It's ridiculous witnessed an argument between diamond and nx driver over the nx being on stand for 10 mins apparently- ended up with the inspector taking it to remove congestion.

42/43 diamond and nx buses have to reverse out of their stand to pull round the bus parked in front. Much worse than dudley
It's the traffic lights on the roads around the bus station. Last years two Diamond buses crashed into eachother because there wasn't not being enough room to go round an NX Bus. I would think Bradford Place is worse than this.

karl724223

Any truth about west brom closing and possibly new garage great bridge area
Nxwm great bridge ?

Council are monitoring the garage noise levels with their decibel meter, council have said noise levels are unacceptable levels, drivers are no longer allowed to test vehicle horns in the morning at the garage. The old peoples home and few residents not happy, there is also a new assisted living housing est being built. Can't see how they won't complain when buses are running in and out.

D10

Quote from: 2900 on November 19, 2017, 10:35:11 AM
Council are monitoring the garage noise levels with their decibel meter, council have said noise levels are unacceptable levels, drivers are no longer allowed to test vehicle horns in the morning at the garage. The old peoples home and few residents not happy, there is also a new assisted living housing est being built. Can't see how they won't complain when buses are running in and out.

Well who would have though that, constructing all those buildings over the road from a bus garage, and then there being noise from said bus garage, fancy that!

karl724223

Quote from: 2900 on November 19, 2017, 10:35:11 AM
quinton was the same

j789

Quote from: D10 on November 19, 2017, 11:32:06 AM
Well who would have though that, constructing all those buildings over the road from a bus garage, and then there being noise from said bus garage, fancy that!

Exactly! Same thing happened with Quinton garage in the 1990s which led to its closure. Annoyingly, I think that garage would have been perfectly placed to have still been around now as it could have had all the Harborne and Hagley Road routes taking pressure off BC and PN.

I am surprised Yardley Wood hasn't been the victim of clueless councillor petitioning about noise either, based on where it is situated.

Squiz1971

Quote from: j789 on November 19, 2017, 11:58:21 AM
Exactly! Same thing happened with Quinton garage in the 1990s which led to its closure. Annoyingly, I think that garage would have been perfectly placed to have still been around now as it could have had all the Harborne and Hagley Road routes taking pressure off BC and PN.

I am surprised Yardley Wood hasn't been the victim of clueless councillor petitioning about noise either, based on where it is situated.
Same could be said of Perry Barr

Mike K

Quote from: j789 on November 19, 2017, 11:58:21 AM

Agreed re Quinton, I was really surprised at the time when that closed, without knowing the circumstances behind it. The solution of trying to shoehorn most services into BC, HY and YW at the time, and the 136/7/140 going to WB seemed a bit of a short term fix - most of the services that moved on QN's closure have moved garage again since - the 22 and 23 being the exceptions.

Services on the west side of the city must incur a fair bit of dead mileage these days.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk