News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Service Changes - October 22nd 2017.

Started by 2206, September 01, 2017, 05:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

Quote from: Chris on September 07, 2017, 08:40:12 AM
Is the 255 commercially operated Sunday daytime?
It is until 22 October.  A variation on the route (255A?) will be tendered from that date.

karl724223

From 22nd  October there will be a 9N run on weekends possibly only to Halesowen

MasterPlan

Will there be any more routes to go 24/7?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Kevin

Quote from: MasterPlan on September 18, 2017, 06:45:43 AM

Purely on a selfish note I hope so, fed up of paying for taxis
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Sh4318

I'm hoping the 87 could be soon. Especially with the introduction of the 01:03 departure from town
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Jack

I think the 51 should, but run by Omnilinks and Urban 2's for no trouble.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: 2206 on September 15, 2017, 10:04:24 PM
Only to Halesown.
The timetable is on Traveline WM -
http://www.travelinemidlands.co.uk/wmtis/XSLT_TTB_REQUEST?language=en&command=direct&net=cen&line=33009&sup=N&itdLPxx_direction=H&project=y11&outputFormat=0&itdLPxx_displayHeader=false&itdLPxx_sessionID=CEN_EFA02_64791177&lineVer=13&itdLPxx_spTr=13&itdLPxx_operatorCodeForTTB=NXB

Typical, only to Halesowen, NE not bothered about people who live in places like Stourbridge, Dudley, Wolverhampton.

And then we have this Velo Cyclist thing happening this weekend, roads blocked, cars, buses etc diverted so a load of idiots can cycle around.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 18, 2017, 06:55:36 PM
Typical, only to Halesowen, NE not bothered about people who live in places like Stourbridge, Dudley, Wolverhampton.

And then we have this Velo Cyclist thing happening this weekend, roads blocked, cars, buses etc diverted so a load of idiots can cycle around.
What are you complaining about? The 9 is getting a new 24/7 service, which is good to see what's there to complain about? Its not NX only bothering about Birmingham, lots of areas and routes in Birmingham don't have 24/7 services, Solihull doesn't have a 24/7 service either, so no it's not NX not being bothered about people in Stourbridge, Dudley and Wolvehampton. How do you know there's the demand for a full service to Stourbridge?

"NX aren't bothered about people living in, Stourbridge and Dudley"? Stourbridge and Dudley have a low fare zone!

Not really idiots either.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: 2206 on September 18, 2017, 07:06:06 PM
What are you complaining about? The 9 is getting a new 24/7 service, which is good to see what's there to complain about? Its not NX only bothering about Birmingham, lots of areas and routes in Birmingham don't have 24/7 services. How do you know there's the demand for a full service to Stourbridge?

Not really idiots either

Sorry disagree with you on both counts.

Firstly how do you know there is a demand for a service to Halesowen? If you running it to Halesowen then why not Stourbridge??

Secondly this bike ride has been organised without a thought for anyone else. Roads blocked everywhere with parking restrictions, so what about my dads carers who need to visit not just him but other people as well. They have already looked at the roads they need to use and it is going to cause them a massive inconvenience as well as the people they care for.

People on bikes seem to think they own the road and can do anything they please, what they don't realise is that they inconvenience a lot of people, but then again they couldn't care a damn as we have seen today with the guy going to prison for the death of that innocent woman.

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 18, 2017, 07:13:35 PM

Firstly how do you know there is a demand for a service to Halesowen? If you running it to Halesowen then why not Stourbridge??

Because if you run to Stourbridge you need twice the resource, so twice the cost, so twice as many passengers needed, so more likely to fail. This will be run at a loss to start with to try and build up trade. If you think there is a commercial opportunity why has no other operator registered it

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: bususer12 on September 06, 2017, 10:44:18 PM
Wow, I really don't understand the daytime withdrawal of the 255, there is an opportunity for Diamond or IGO here. 1 hour route between 2 shopping destinations, reliability i feel has had an effect on the passenger numbers. Will be even more of a joke if the evening 255 remains which carries fresh air.

To perspective operators;

No Link from Penn, Wombourne, Wall Heath, parts of Kingswinford to Merry Hill on Sun 24th December, 26th December, or 27th December as 27th will be A BHol in lieu of 25th. Opportunity?

??? Christmas Day is on a Monday this year.

Jack

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 18, 2017, 07:13:35 PM

Secondly this bike ride has been organised without a thought for anyone else. Roads blocked everywhere with parking restrictions, so what about my dads carers who need to visit not just him but other people as well. They have already looked at the roads they need to use and it is going to cause them a massive inconvenience as well as the people they care for.

People on bikes seem to think they own the road and can do anything they please, what they don't realise is that they inconvenience a lot of people, but then again they couldn't care a damn as we have seen today with the guy going to prison for the death of that innocent woman.
I agree with you. People have jobs and places to be, no one expects to do long diversions causing delays.

You are right about cyclists, so annoying, they hog the whole lane, cause a tailback leading to more pollution and horrid air. They think they own the road! But seriously is someone taking the p*ss with this event or what??  ;)

I blame the idiot who organised this for delays.

Steveminor

Regarding the 9N, historically it has only run to Halesowen even back in the TWM vs Petes travel days.
When TWM pulled off & left Petes to themselves an extension to Stourbridge was tried. It was a total failure so I think NX are right not to go beyond Halesowen

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Steveminor on September 18, 2017, 07:51:49 PM
Regarding the 9N, historically it has only run to Halesowen even back in the TWM vs Petes travel days.
When TWM pulled off & left Petes to themselves an extension to Stourbridge was tried. It was a total failure so I think NX are right not to go beyond Halesowen

Yes but that was years ago, why not try it to Stourbridge and give it a reasonable go to see if it works.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk