News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Bendies on the 4

Started by Isobel6725, June 03, 2017, 09:14:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

At least 2 bendies out this pm. 6020 & another I could not see the no.

JoNi

6021 with its orange destination out.

Tony

Coventry Transport Dude

I passed by Wheatley Street Garage in a Car late this afternoon and i saw that withdrawn Bendi 6017 is still standing outside at the top end of the garage, but has now been moved back about 20ft, away from the corner !

Michael Bevan

6014, 6018 and 6020 have now been withdrawn according to a post on Facebook. This leaves 6015 and 6021 as the last two bendies left in Coventry, and actually still in service in the West Midlands.

Jack

Quote from: Michael Bevan on February 16, 2018, 08:43:31 PM
6014, 6018 and 6020 have now been withdrawn according to a post on Facebook. This leaves 6015 and 6020 as the last two bendies left in Coventry, and actually still in service in the West Midlands.
What about 6021? @Michael Bevan

Quote from: Jack on February 16, 2018, 08:48:10 PM
Presumably thats a typing error as he's said 6020 has been withdrawn and then said its one of the last 2 left.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Jack on February 16, 2018, 08:48:10 PM

Quote from: 2206 on February 16, 2018, 08:49:55 PM
Presumably thats a typing error as he's said 6020 has been withdrawn and then said its one of the last 2 left.

Yes I made a typing error...6020 is the one which is withdrawn, and 6021 is still in service,

dingding

Coventry Transport Dude

I saw both 6017 and 6018 standing outside at the Swanswell end of Wheatley Street Garage today, but didn't see any others anywhere at all full stop ???

I was told today that the last two of the Bendi's (6015 and 6021) were both withdrawn two days ago on Tuesday and to say i was gutted to hear that, would be an understatement, as i'd have been out on them and photographing them for one last time, had i have known it was their final day on the road ???  Then to my surprise, i was told by a good friend of mine tonight, that he saw a Bendibus on the road yesterday (Wednesday), but was too far away to see exactly which one it was ?  Scratching my head now, as to what's actually going on with them (as i'm completely confused !!!lol), can anyone tell me please if they are now finally withdrawn, or am i still able to go out tomorrow and travel on one ???  Any help with this query, would be very much appreciated !!!!!!!! (Think i need to go for a lie down now !!!lol).

Tony

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on February 22, 2018, 07:37:37 PM
I saw both 6017 and 6018 standing outside at the Swanswell end of Wheatley Street Garage today, but didn't see any others anywhere at all full stop ???

I was told today that the last two of the Bendi's (6015 and 6021) were both withdrawn two days ago on Tuesday and to say i was gutted to hear that, would be an understatement, as i'd have been out on them and photographing them for one last time, had i have known it was their final day on the road ???  Then to my surprise, i was told by a good friend of mine tonight, that he saw a Bendibus on the road yesterday (Wednesday), but was too far away to see exactly which one it was ?  Scratching my head now, as to what's actually going on with them (as i'm completely confused !!!lol), can anyone tell me please if they are now finally withdrawn, or am i still able to go out tomorrow and travel on one ???  Any help with this query, would be very much appreciated !!!!!!!! (Think i need to go for a lie down now !!!lol).

6015 & 6021 were both out in service yesterday, so weren't withdrawn on Tuesday!

Coventry Transport Dude

"THANK YOU" for your reply Tony, as it's "VERY MUCH APPRECIATED" ! (Fingers Crossed hey, that they'll both be out tomorrow ?).

JoNi

6021 on 4 to Tesco at 0920 pursuing 2150 on 5 up Trinity Street

Ben

How long do you reckon the last two will remain?

Coventry Transport Dude

Quote from: JoNi on February 23, 2018, 09:25:46 AM
6021 on 4 to Tesco at 0920 pursuing 2150 on 5 up Trinity Street

Thanks JoNi for letting me know about 6021 being out, as i got to do a couple of round trips on it in the afternoon and it was actually the only Bendi out all day !  The Bus ran quite well actually and at one point when travelling at speed, the Bus his a couple of dips in the road and two girls sitting infront of me at the back of the Bus, literally bounced up off their seat twice, much to their amusement ! (And mine to !!!lol).  On talking to the Driver at the terminus just as i was getting off it, he told me that the Bendi's were his favourite Bus to drive (for quite a number of reasons !) and that he asked specifically to be put on the Bendi-bus rota !  He even admitted that he'd buy one if he could, but it was the not knowing of a place to keep it, that unfortunately was stopping him from possibly doing so ? (Such a shame that is !).  If he was to buy one though, he said he'd go for 6015, as that he reckons, is the best one of the lot and he mentioned about it having a new engine fitted not so long back to, so if that's true, then providing its bodywork and everything else on it is OK, he'd be mad not to choose that one ?  On saying that though, it's easy enough to get one, but it's the cost afterwards of restoring and running the thing that 'ill take the money, depending i guess on where you kept it (in an ideal world, kept undercover !) and how often you used it ???

One worrying thing that i overheard mentioned while i was on 6021, was that some lowlife scum had damaged some Buses a few nights ago up by the Ricoh Arena, after throwing some Bricks / Rocks at them from off a bridge that goes over the dual carriageway nearby.  As a result of this, the No.4 Bus was terminating at Hen Lane and not continuing underneath the rock throwers bridge and up the Arena Tesco Bus Hub / Terminus ?  During this conversation though about the incident, i heard the word Bendi-bus mentioned and i thought straight away, that if one or more of them had been damaged, would they bother repairing it and was it the end of the road for any involved ???  Fortunately not, as i found out late last night (23/2/18), that it was one Bendi and two Tridents that were damaged and believe it or not, it was actually 6021 that had its Windscreen smashed !!! (I can't believe that they've actually repaired it, but i'm glad that they have done !!!!!!). 

The Bendi's can't have many days left on the road here now, so if anyone wants to have one last ride on them (or photograph them ?) before they go, then i'd get over here as quickly as you can ???lol.  Some people will no-doubt be glad to see the back of 'em, but not me, as i personally will miss them a lot when they do all finally go !!!

If you see any of them out at all JoNi over the next few days or so, can you mention it on here please, as i wanna try and photograph one of 'em coming over Lockhurst Lane Railway Bridge if i can and also over Courtaulds Canal Bridge as well ??? ("FINGERS CROSSED" !).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk